As per our research report, the global antibody production market is estimated to be USD 11.35 billion in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 14.44% from 2022 to 2027.
Antibodies are also known as immunoglobulins. They are large Y-shaped proteins produced by plasma cells and used by the immune system to neutralize pathogens such as bacteria and viruses. In the Human body, the immune system produces antibodies responding to foreign substances and antigens that have invaded the body. The two main types of antibodies are monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, also produced by hybridoma and hybridoma-free techniques.
An increase in the adoption of targeted immunotherapy worldwide has improved regulatory authorities’ approval rate of therapeutic antibodies. A rise in R&D expenditure of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies is one of the other reasons which drive the growth of the global antibody production market. In addition, an increase in the incidence of infectious diseases and growth in demand for protein therapeutics fuel the market growth. Antibodies protect the body by strengthening the immune system. They are also used in preventing virus or bacteria-related diseases. Antibodies are produced for various infections and are given to people as immunizations. They are also being developed for the treatment of cancer and arthritis. Gastric cancer is considered the second most common cause of cancer-related death globally. Therefore, antibody production contributes to gastroenterology. The primary antibodies used to treat gastric cancer are ramucirumab and trastuzumab.
According to WHO, infectious diseases are the world’s leading murderers, with one in two people dying annually in developing countries. About 90.0% of deaths are due to a small number of infectious diseases such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, and HIV. With the approval of advanced drugs, therapeutic antibody drugs have promoted growth to treat diseases such as cancer, autoimmunity, metabolism, and infectious diseases.
Antibodies are widely used for diagnostic, research, and therapeutic purposes due to their essential properties, such as high specificity, binding affinity, and low toxicity. Therefore, the global market for antibody production is necessary, including the phasing out of monoclonal antibody patents and the government’s gradual acceptance of various targeted immunotherapies and antibody therapies to treat some chronic diseases such as cancer and rheumatoid arthritis. Multiple factors and reasons are present in the market which are promoting it. Rapid growth in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology fields increased the adoption of protein therapeutics, and the availability of improved antibody production technologies is also driving the global market growth.
Ongoing research and development have increased clinical trials that play an essential role in antibody production and commercialization. In addition, bio pharmacy success rates and strategic concepts have led major pharmaceutical companies to shift their focus to precision medicine. Over the last two decades, monoclonal antibody chimerization and humanization have approved various drugs and treatments to treat autoimmune diseases, cancer, transplant rejection, and more. All these factors are driving the antibody production market during the forecast period.
However, expensive primary antibodies and a small number of over-the-counter antibody drugs are expected to impede overall market growth during the forecast period. In addition, the production of antibodies requires high costs from companies. Therefore, the price and investment for antibody production will be increased. The high cost of antibody production challenges the market.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate its usefulness; get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/antibody-production-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Based on antibody type, the monoclonal antibody segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.55% over the forecast period. Increasing demand for treatments for chronic diseases such as blood disorders, cancer, and growth hormone deficiency are notable factors accelerating segment growth during the forecast period. In addition, monoclonal antibodies have excellent applications in diagnostic, therapeutic, and drug targeting systems, not only in infectious diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, and protozoa but also in cancer and metabolic and endocrine disorders. A standard method for producing monoclonal antibodies is to use ion-exchange chromatography. This method allows easy control of the process, high capacity, and high cleanability. Ammonium sulfate precipitates are used for monoclonal and polyclonal separations.
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnology enterprise segment is the dominant segment, allowing mass production of therapeutic antibodies and significant investment in R & D by drug improvement companies. The proliferation of drug development processes to meet tight industry deadlines drives corporate attention to meeting production requirements. This is an important market driver for this end-user segment. The Institute segment expects a healthy CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the research institute segment is expected to be driven by several drug development processes with significant investment from key players.
- Geographically, North America registered the largest share in the global antibody production market in 2020 and is expected to maintain its dominant position throughout the forecast period. The dominance of leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, technological advances, the availability of state-of-the-art devices, and well-developed healthcare infrastructure and equipment are the main key factors behind the market growth.
- Europe is expected to generate significant growth over the forecast period due to substantial companies, increased prevalence of infectious diseases, and ongoing research activities. As a result, the Asia Pacific antibody production market will register the fastest CAGR in sales during the forecast period. Rising rates of various chronic diseases, improving medical infrastructure and other facilities, and increasing R & D activities are several factors that support revenue growth in the Asia-Pacific market. During the forecast period, Japan, Germany, and Canada are expected to grow by approximately 8.77%, 9.81%, and 10.46%, respectively.
- R & D and strategic alliances are some of the key strategies pursued by players in the antibody production market. The top 10 companies in the antibody production market are Cellab Gmbh, Eppendorf Ag, Integra Bioscience Ag, Merck Kgaa, Pall Corp, Sartorius Ag, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc, ProteoGenix, Genentech, Inc., and BIOTEM.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/antibody-production-market/customization
SEGMENTS ANALYZED UNDER THIS REPORT:
- Polyclonal antibody
- Monoclonal antibody
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Research laboratories
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse Related Reports:
- Global Antibodies Market
- Global Monoclonal Antibodies Market
- Global Cancer Monoclonal Antibodies Market
- Global Autoimmune Monoclonal Antibodies Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast