Gout is the most common form of inflammatory arthritis, characterized by painful and disabling acute attacks. It is caused by hyperuricemia and the deposition of urate crystals, in and around the joints. Long-standing untreated hyperuricemia can lead to chronic arthritis, joint damage, tophi formation, and urate nephropathy.
Market Size Growth Rate:
According to the research report published by the DataM Intelligence, the Europe gout therapeutics market size was valued at USD XX billion in 2021, it is projected to reach at USD XX billion by 2029, with growth at a CAGR of XX% over the forecast period 2022-2029.
The gout therapeutics market in the European countries is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. UK and Germany are projected to retain its share of the gout therapeutics market during the forecast period 2022 to 2029. Moreover, high incidence of gout arthritis is anticipated to propel the market in the European region over the forecast period.
The Europe gout therapeutics market growth is boosted by growing burden of gout therapeutics with the increasing geriatric population. In addition, rising adoption of biologics and increasing R&D on regenerative medicines, technological advancements in imaging modalities improved are driving the market growth. This condition can be treated or prevented with the use of drugs such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, corticosteroids, colchicine, and urate-lowering agents.
In Europe there have been reports of patients dying of renal failure after using benzbromarone, because of the side effects, doctors tend to prescribe low-dose colchicine for people with renal or hepatic impairment. Hence, factors such as the adverse effects of the drugs may hamper the market growth.
Numerous pipeline products and recent approvals of drugs to treat gout therapeutics are expected to the new opportunity for the market. For instance, in December 2021, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a RNAi therapeutics company, has submitted a clinical trial authorization (CTA) application to The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the United Kingdom to initiate a Phase 1/2 study of ALN-XDH, an investigational RNAi therapeutic targeting xanthine dehydrogenase (XDH) for the treatment of gout.
Download Sample Brochure @ https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/europe-gout-therapeutics-market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID– 19 pandemic is expected to impact the growth of the gout therapeutics market over the forecast period. According to the CreakyJoints, May 2020, people with gout may be considered in a higher-risk group for potential COVID-19 complications. The coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic and lockdowns in various countries across the globe have impacted the financial status of businesses across all sectors. The private healthcare sector is one the sectors, which has been majorly impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic..
Recent Developments in the Industry:
- In December 2021, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a RNAi therapeutics company, has submitted a clinical trial authorization (CTA) application to The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the United Kingdom to initiate a Phase 1/2 study of ALN-XDH, an investigational RNAi therapeutic targeting xanthine dehydrogenase (XDH) for the treatment of gout.
- In May 2021, Fortress Biotech, Inc., an innovative biopharmaceutical company, has entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with Fuji Yakuhin Co. Ltd. to develop Dotinurad in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union and Canada. Dotinurad is a potential best-in-class urate transporter (URAT1) inhibitor that was approved for the treatment of gout and hyperuricemia in Japan in 2020.
As per the research analysis, the gout therapeutics market is segmented by drug class into non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), anti-hyperuricemic agents (urate-lowering drugs), corticosteroids, colchicine, and others. Based on disease type, the market is further segmented into acute gout and chronic gout. Further by distribution channel, the market is divided into hospital pharmacies, drug stores, online pharmacies, and others
- On the basis of drug class, the urate lowering agents segment is expected to observe a growth rate of 6.5% during the forecast period. This is attributed to recently introduction of novel drugs, investment by several industry players for the development of urate lowering agents, and expected launch of anti-gout drugs during the forecast period.
- Based on distribution channel, hospital pharmacies accounted for the largest market share of in 2020 and expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period (2022-2029). The large share of hospitals pharmacy segment is attributed to the rise in geriatric population with moderate to severe gout arthritis requiring hospital pharmacy to purchase drugs..
The Europe gout therapeutics market is segmented into major countries including UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Rest of Europe.
Europe Gout Therapeutics Market:
In Europe region, The gout therapeutics market in the UK and Germany is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. These countries are projected to retain its share of the gout therapeutics market from 2022 to 2029. Moreover, high incidence of gout arthritis is anticipated to propel the market in the France during the forecast period. With the growing number of gout cases, the use of NSAIDs and their production is expected to observe healthy demand and supply throughout the forecast period.
In Europe gout therapeutics market, market players are involved in developing cost-effective drugs to gain market share. The market players are adopting various key strategies such collaborations, partnerships, acquisition, product launch to expand their presence. For instance, In May 2021, Fortress Biotech, Inc., an innovative biopharmaceutical company, has entered into an exclusive licensing agreement with Fuji Yakuhin Co. Ltd. to develop Dotinurad in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union and Canada.
Some of the major players of the market are Novartis AG, Merck & Co. Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited, Boehringer Ingelheim Group, Astrazeneca Plc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company, CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc., JW Pharmaceutical Corporation, Romeg Therapeutics, LLC, Avion Pharmaceuticals, LLC, among others.
Additional Benefits Post Purchase:
1) Unlimited Analyst support for a period of 1 year.
2) Any query with regards to the scope offered will be addressed within 24- 48 hours.
3) An excel sheet with market numbers will be provided separately.
The Full Report has the below insights:
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market in terms of Market Value (US$) and Y-o-Y Growth Rates (%). It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data (2020-2021), and verifiable projections about market size during the forecast period (2022-2029).
- Visualize the composition of the Europe gout therapeutics market segmentation by disorder, service provider, and country highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- By Drug Class: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Antihyperuricemic agents (urate-lowering drugs), Corticosteroids, Colchicine, and others
- By Disease Type: Acute Gout and Chronic Gout
- By Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Online Pharmacies, And Others
- By Country: Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Rest of Europe
- Identify commercial opportunities in the Europe Gout Therapeutics market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- The report also covers data insights on various industry forces such as, porter’s five forces, regulations in each country, supply chain analysis, pipeline analysis, and pricing analysis.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of Europe gout therapeutics market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
- The report will provide access to approximately 50+ market data tables, 40+ figures, and close to 180 pages.
DataM Intelligence 4Market Research is a market intelligence platform which gives access to syndicated, customized reports and consulting to its clients at one place. As a firm with rich experience in research and consulting across multiple domains we are one stop solution that will cater to the needs of clients in key business areas. DataM Intelligence has an online platform whose coverage includes industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, health care services, animal feed and food & beverages among others. Our platform has Insights on markets that uncover latest market research data that’s distinct from the competition. With coverage across 10 major industries in the marketplace research, DataM Intelligence benefits thousands of companies by helping them take their innovations early to the market by providing a complete view of the market with statistical forecasts. Our strategy centric framework and value-added services will let individuals and corporates with ease of access and custom personalization to research and markets.