The OTC (over-the-counter) pain medication market surpassed US$ 21.8 billion in 2022, with growth influenced by changing perceptions on generic pharmaceutical drugs, according to a recent study published by Future Market Insights (FMI). FMI analyzes various aspects of market growth influencing the OTC pain medication market.
Many consumers are making a shift to generic drugs to reduce total spending on non-prescription or OTC pain medication. Various governing bodies, such as the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), have implemented stringent regulations and labeling rules to ensure the safety and effectiveness of OTC pain medications. Leading players in the OTC pain medication market are collaborating with generic drug-makers to capitalize on the trend of consumer inclination towards generic versions of branded OTC pain medications, finds FMI.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights @
The FMI study features valuable and actionable insights obtained through thorough research on OTC pain medication market. Some of the insights mentioned in the study are,
- Growing geriatric population and prevalence of chronic pain-related disorders among the elderly population is bolstering sales of OTC pain medications.
- Over 20% of the adult population of the world is already suffering from pain-related disorders and new cased of pain-related problems are reported by over 10% of the global population, which is increasing significantly every years. This is providing an impetus to growth of the OTC pain medication market.
- Increasing awareness about the side effects of pain killers, such as stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal problems, may hamper the OTC pain medication market growth.
- Developed countries will dominate the OTC pain medications market with more than half the revenue share of the market. However, developing countries in Southeast Asia will witness fastest growth in the OTC pain medication market with rapidly developing pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector in the region.
Acetaminophen Drugs Hold Majority Share in OTC Pain Medication Market
The FMI study thoroughly assesses growth of the OTC pain medication market based on various drug classes, such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), acetaminophen, and local anesthetics. The study finds that acetaminophens are among the most commonly purchased OTC pain medication, and this drug class holds 45% share in the revenues of OTC pain medication market. As acetaminophen is considered as a safer pain medication than other pain relievers, its demand will continue to remain high in the upcoming years, opines the FMI study.
The Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA), an American trade association, recently published a study on the misuse of acetaminophen-based OTC combination products. The study found that a 28 percent decline was recorded in therapeutic misuse exposures involving acetaminophen-containing OTC combination products. The incidents of acetaminophen misuse decreased from 8,753 to 6,278 between 2007 and 2016, which is a substantial evidence for the safety and effectiveness of acetaminophen-containing OTC pain medications.
Thereby, the FMI study opines that the acetaminophen drugs will maintain a maximum share of over US$ 8.7 billion in the OTC pain medication market through 2019, and the trend will continue to persist in the coming future.
For any Queries Related with the Report, Ask an Analyst @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-8947
Governments take Initiatives to Spread Awareness about Safe Use of OTC Pain Medications
Despite the increasing reliance on OTC pain medications, a large consumer group is still skeptical about their effectiveness and positive impacts on health. In order to help consumers to avoid incorrect use of OTC pain medications, many governing bodies including FDA have developed guidelines and tips for patients for choosing appropriate OTC pain medications. Consumers are becoming conscious about the drug fact labelling (DFL) requirements and other regulations vis-à-vis OTC pain medications, which is influencing major dynamics of the OTC pain medication market, projects the FMI study.
Key Segments of Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Industry Survey
Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market by Drug Class:
- Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Local Anaesthetics
Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market by Route of Administration:
- Oral Over-the-Counter Pain Medication
- Topical Over-the-Counter Pain Medication
Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market by Dosage Form:
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Tablets
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Capsules
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Creams
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Gels
Over-the-Mounter Pain Medication Market by Distribution Channel:
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Sold at Hospital Pharmacies
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Sold at Drug Stores
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Sold at Retail Stores
- Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Sold through e-Commerce
Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market by Region:
- North America Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market
- Latin America Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market
- Europe Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market
- East Asia Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market
- South Asia & Pacific Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market
- Middle East & Africa (MEA) Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market
We Offer tailor-made Solutions to fit Your Requirements, Request Customization @ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/customization-available/rep-gb-8947
Explore FMI’s Extensive ongoing Coverage on Healthcare Domain
Smart Medication Adherence Sensors Market – non-adherence of medication is widespread problem, where a patient fails to follow the medication schedule which results into the delayed or no cure of the disease which may lead to death in fatal cases. For the best possible outcome of the treatment, adherence to follow the medication schedule is required.
Over-The-Counter (OTC) Veterinary Drugs Market – Over-The-Counter (OTC) Veterinary Drugs, also termed as non-prescription drugs are drugs that are available without any prescription. These drugs are effective and safe when all the directions on the label or directed by the healthcare professional are followed. The FDA in the U.S. considers when a specific drug is effective and safe enough to be sold over-the-counter.
Medication Dispenser Market – The practice of healthcare is dynamic in nature, and the demand for increased efficiency in drug dispensation count and the need for elimination of life-threatening human errors worldwide are anticipated to act as the primary influencing factors behind the growth of the medical dispenser market through the forecast period.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Future Market Insights,
1602-6 Jumeirah Bay X2 Tower,
Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org