From 2022 to 2027, the global cell line development market is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 16.12%, reaching USD 12.50 billion by 2027, up from USD 5.92 billion in 2022.
Browse details of the report @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/cell-line-development-market
The COVID-19 epidemic wreaked havoc on the healthcare industry, forcing the closure of several production plants and a reduction in product demand around the world. The rising prevalence of COVID-19 is projected to have an impact on cell line development market growth throughout the forecast period. Most of the drug business has suffered major losses as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, which has impeded cell line development. Over the study period, however, the worldwide market may see some respite as global operations restart and government lockdowns in a few countries are lifted. Furthermore, the global market is predicted to grow steadily between 2021 and 2026, as more biopharmaceutical businesses adopt cell line development methodologies.
Due to rising demand for monoclonal antibodies, higher vaccine production, and innovative technologies, the worldwide cell line development market is predicted to grow.
To make recombinant monoclonal antibodies, most biopharmaceutical companies use cells as expression hosts. As the prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases rises, the market is projected to be pushed by a higher focus on research and development. Cancer diagnosis and therapy research and development is carried out by the Cancer Research Institute, the National Cancer Institute, the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (Cancer Research Centre [ICRC]), and the NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP). As a result, both government and non-government initiatives are likely to encourage market growth.
Some of the market’s promise is held by low-income countries like India and Africa, which lack basic healthcare and are vulnerable to pandemics and infectious diseases. Increased use of regenerative medicine, rising healthcare spending, and large-scale biotechnology investments are further boosting market growth. In the biotechnology industry, cell culture, drug discovery, and gene therapy have emerged as significant uses for cell line development, with increased demand projected in the coming years. Additionally, demand is likely to be boosted by the increased production of biosimilars as a result of the patent expiration of branded medications and recombinant proteins.
In 2018, an estimated 18 million cancer cases were diagnosed worldwide, with 9.5 million men and 8.5 million women impacted, according to the World Cancer Research Fund. The most frequent cancers are lung and breast cancers, which accounted for 12.3 percent of all new cases in 2018. According to the World Disease Research Fund, colorectal cancer was the third most frequent disease in 2018, with 1.8 million new cases. Population increases and ageing, as well as changing cancer prevalence due to social and economic developments, all contribute to the rising cancer burden. Cancer prevention has also been related to a healthy lifestyle. The figures above show that cancer has a large global impact, which is projected to drive the cell line development business forward as demand for new cancer therapies rises.
Pfizer, Novartis, Cellectis, and bioMérieux SA, all of which have a global market presence, are developing new cell treatment solutions. Due to the growing need for cell treatment, various novel technologies, such as closed and automated production platforms, have been used in recent years, and more are being developed. The expansion of automated cell culture equipment has been fuelled by increased research and development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries to meet expanding needs for therapies of numerous chronic diseases. The cell line development market is projected to be driven by this type of innovation.
On the other hand, because cell line generation is a time-consuming and labour-intensive process, it has lost favour with a number of businesses, resulting in decreasing demand. This could be a major future stumbling block for the global market. Despite the market’s breakthrough technology, developing stable and legitimate cell lines remains a major difficulty. Misidentification, random changes, and contamination in cell line creation will be a significant growth concern in the coming years.
Developing durable and authentic cell lines necessitates the use of very complex techniques as well as a significant amount of time and effort. The immortal cell line Hela was the first to be employed in scientific study. Because this line can grow over other cell lines and undergo rapid mutation, the risks of contamination are increased. As a result, the rising number of cases of cell line mutation is anticipated to limit the use of cell line development equipment.
Established animal cells, such as Vero, Madin Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK), or Chicken Embryo Fibroblasts, are among the human cell lines used in vaccine manufacturing (CEFs). Because these cell lines proliferate and multiply at such a rapid rate, adequate upkeep is required. Polio, rotavirus, smallpox, and Japanese encephalitis are all treated with vaccines made utilising animal cells.
Thus, the difficulty of creating a stable cell line strain, as well as maintaining and preventing contamination, may limit the global cell line development market’s growth over the forecast period.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/cell-line-development-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Because of its numerous applications in genetics, cell morphology, cell metabolism, and physiology, primary cell culture is the fastest-growing area. To begin cell culture, embryonic, normal, and malignant tissues are employed. Primary cell cultures are commonly mixed and produced in vitro since a single blood cell can produce a variety of cells. Increasing demand for biologics manufactured in vitro is projected to drive demand for this sector during the forecast period.
- Due to the presence of continual technological developments followed by discoveries, the North American regional market accounted for the greatest revenue share in the coming years, increasing the adoption of innovative bioproduction technologies. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the American Type Culture Collection (ATCC), and Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, which all provide high-quality biologics services, have all contributed to the rise.
- The United States has a better healthcare infrastructure than most developed countries. The presence of significant rivals in the United States is a key element fuelling the market’s growth. The US government’s support for biotechnology and biopharmaceutical research has further boosted demand for cell line development.
- During the forecast period, the Asia Pacific cell line development market is predicted to grow at a significant CAGR. Due to the rapid development of Asian countries such as India, China, and Japan, this is the case. In addition, the Asia-Pacific market has given a fantastic chance for newcomers to establish a presence in the region. Between 2020 and 2027, the market is expected to develop at a 14.1 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR). The market is expected to expand due to key driving factors such as the government’s increased funding in cell line development and the biotechnology sector’s continued development. However, due to several hurdles in cell line generation, market growth is anticipated to be stifled.
- There are several significant competitors in the cell line development market, which is moderately competitive. Few big firms currently dominate the market in terms of market share. The presence of significant market participants such as Thermo Fisher Scientific, Sartorius AG, Promega Corporation, and Merck KGaA has increased overall market competitive competition. The competitive rivalry has been heightened by major firms’ product breakthroughs and improvements in cell line development technologies.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/cell-line-development-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED UNDER THIS REPORT:
- By Type: Recombinant Cell Lines, Hybridomas, Continuous Cell Lines and Primary Cell Lines
- By Source: Mammalian and Non-Mammalian
- By Application: Drug Discovery and Research, Bioproduction, Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine and Toxicity Testing
- By Region: North America, Europe, APAC, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast