The global cell expansion market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 18.68% between 2022 and 2027, from USD 17.92 billion to USD 42.19 billion.
Browse details of the report @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/cell-expansion-market
The COVID 19 pandemic has been deemed a growing health hazard by the World Health Organization (WHO), and it has affected millions of people, including commercial sectors. COVID 19’s unexpected appearance has had a positive impact on the cell expansion market. COVID 19 research use a variety of cell expansion items, including as cell culture medium and tools. One of the most important applications of cell expansion is in regenerative medicine and stem cell research.
Cell-based approaches, which primarily use mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs), offer a viable way to rationalise the COVID 19 infection’s negative effects. With COVID 19, MSCs are a promising technique for treating disorders such as immunological dysregulation and widespread tissue damage, and several clinical trials have been undertaken. With the COVID 19, stem cell therapies, particularly mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) suitable therapies, have shown therapeutic potential, particularly for disorders for which no medicines are currently available.
The global cell expansion market is majorly driven by the increase in the incidence of chronic diseases, increased research and development efforts, and favourable government initiatives for regenerative medicine.
Infectious and chronic diseases are becoming increasingly common. Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the most common cause of death worldwide. According to the WHO, 17.9 million people died from CVDs in 2016, accounting for 31% of all deaths worldwide. Companies in this industry are spending a lot of money on research and development to improve their products.
Between 2022 to 2027, the worldwide regenerative medicine market is predicted to increase at a pace of 23.24%, which is expected to accelerate the market’s growth rate. Furthermore, the growing number of research and development activities in the life sciences, as well as the availability of supportive government plans and regenerative medicine research, are projected to encourage the growth of the cell expansion market.
As the frequency of cancer rises, so does the number of patients, providing an opportunity for manufacturers to spend more on R&D. Biotechnology and pharmaceutical firms have grown in prominence in nations such as India, Brazil, and China, and demand for cell expansion for research and development activities and pharma product manufacture is expected to increase.
The market for cell expansion is predicted to increase at a faster rate in emerging countries. From USD 11 billion in 2016, India’s biotechnology industry is predicted to increase by 30.46 percent to USD 100 billion by 2025. According to the same source, India’s pharmaceutical business is predicted to grow from USD 36.7 billion in 2016 to USD 55 billion in 2020. By 2021, the pharmaceutical industry in Brazil is predicted to grow to USD 29.9 billion, up from USD 25.3 billion in 2016. The need for cell expansion products for R&D and pharmaceutical production is predicted to rise in these countries as the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors grow.
Animal and human cells are required in gene therapy investigations involving recombination of genes and stem cell research therapies, necessitating the use of animals and humans in cell biology research. These cells are also utilised to evaluate medicines for in vivo toxicity and pharmacokinetics in animals and humans. Furthermore, human embryos are commonly used in stem cell research for clinical purposes, resulting in the killing of human embryos. To keep an eye on these companies, ethical authorities in a number of nations have implemented strict regulations. The Human Tissue Authority (HTA), the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority (HFEA), the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), and the Central Ethics Committee for Stem Cell Research (ZES), among others, have enacted strict cell biology research rules. These ethical problems and limits on cell research are severely limiting cell biology research in many nations throughout the world. As a result, the cell expansion market is likely to grow more slowly.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/cell-expansion-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Based on the product, the consumables sector is expected to lead the worldwide cell expansion market throughout the forecast period. The biopharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors’ increasing manufacturing of vaccines and other biologics aids segment growth. During the forecast period, the instruments segment is expected to rise at a rapid CAGR due to automated platforms’ approach to standardising processes and advancing process tracking while reducing hands-on time. These reasons contribute to the global expansion of the cell expansion market. During the forecast period, the disposables segment is expected to increase rapidly. Cross-contamination of laboratory equipment, as well as the rising pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, provide a minor danger to the growth of the global cell expansion market.
- In terms of worldwide market, North America is a large market. In 2021, almost 40% of the market was occupied. Many significant players reconciled, and R&D expenditure surged in the region, resulting in the region’s leading share. The United States leads the North American cell expansion market, closely followed by Canada. The United States’ market dominance is largely due to its advanced healthcare infrastructure, presence of industry leaders, and substantial public and private sector investments. The trend of outsourcing research operations to low-cost Asian destinations, as well as the availability of local knowledge, are propelling the North American cell expansion market ahead.
- Due to its large population and businesses striving to tap into the region’s market potential, Asia-Pacific is predicted to beat all other areas by reaching the greatest CAGR throughout the projection period.
- Due to increasing efforts by local pharmaceutical and biotechnology businesses to develop and commercialise cellular therapies, cell expansion markets in China and India are likely to increase significantly throughout the forecast period. Stempeutics Research Pvt. Ltd., an Indian company, partnered with Kemwell Biopharma to develop Stempeucel, a stem cell-based drug, in July 2019. Small and mid-sized businesses are expected to benefit from such agreements, which are expected to boost product sales.
- The rising prevalence of cancer, increasing government funding, expanding research activities on stem cell therapies, and growing knowledge of sophisticated treatment approaches, as well as a growing elderly population and a strong presence of industry companies in the region, all contribute to the Japan cell expansion market growing at a faster CAGR. As a result, this region’s demand for cell expansion platforms is increasing.
- In addition, ethical concerns concerning cell biology research are limiting the industry’s growth. For example, animal and human cells are required in gene therapy studies such as recombination of genes and stem cell research therapies, necessitating the use of animals and people in cell biology research.
- To control these operations, ethical experts in a number of Asia-Pacific countries have devised stringent legislation. As a result, ethical concerns and limitations on the use of cells for research have severely limited cell biology research in various countries across the region. As a result, the Cell Expansion Market is predicted to grow at a slow pace.
- There have been a significant number of companies present who are mostly focused on agreements and expansions to boost their business operations. To enhance their market share, a number of established company companies are employing a variety of organic and inorganic growth tactics. Beckman Coulter, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Corning, Inc., GE Healthcare, Lonza, Merck KGaA, Miltenyi Biotec, STEMCELL Technologies, Inc., Terumo BCT, Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. are just a few examples.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/cell-expansion-market/customization
SEGMENTS INCLUDED IN THIS REPORT:
By Cell Type:
- Human Cells
- Human Differentiated Stem Cells
- Human Stem Cells
- embryonic stem cells
- Adult Stem Cells
- Animal Stem Cells
- Regenerative Medicine
- Stem Cell Research
- Cell-Based Research
By End User:
- Biotech and Pharma Companies
- Academic and Research Institutes
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Browse Regional Reports:
- North America Cell Expansion Market
- Europe Cell Expansion Market
- APAC Cell Expansion Market
- Latin America Cell Expansion Market
- MEA Cell Expansion Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast