Global Autoinjectors Market was valued at USD 1.80 billion in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 20.50% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026 to reach USD 5.51 billion by 2026. Some of the key factors expected to drive the Autoinjectors Market include the flexibility of self-administration of drugs, a rising prevalence of indications that require emergency administration of drugs such as multiple sclerosis and anaphylaxis, and advantages over conventional syringes, among several others. Globally, key companies in the Autoinjectors Market include BD, Ysmoed AG, Sonceboz, Phillips-Medisize, Nemera, Novartis, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Amgen, GSK, Mylan Inc, Elcam Medical, Union Medico Injection Safety ApS, SHL Medical AG, Haselmeier, Owen Mumford Ltd, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Autoinjectors Market Forecast” Report provides the current and forecasted Autoinjectors Market trends for the next five years, upcoming innovations in the devices, individual market shares, challenges, drivers & barriers, and key competitors in the market.
Autoinjectors are one of the fastest emerging drug delivery solutions for drug or biological products. These devices can be used for injecting oneself with a single, preloaded dose of a drug that typically consists of a spring-loaded syringe. An autoinjector device (AID) is a medical device that is employed in the administration of drugs majorly in emergency situations or in the case of chronic diseases.
Autoinjectors help in the administration of drugs commonly via subcutaneous or intramuscular routes. Several types of Autoinjectors are available in the market with prefilled drugs for specific indications such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, anaphylaxis, and migraine among others. Autoinjectors provide several advantages such as cost-effectiveness, reduced risk of needle stick accidents, and increased patient compliance in terms of helping people with needle phobia.
DelveInsight’s “Autoinjectors Market” report provides in-depth information on the autoinjectors market by product type, portability, indication, end-user, and geography. The Autoinjector Market is segmented into various categories to provide a better understanding of the market dynamics and trends.
As per the autoinjectors product type, it is segmented as disposable and reusable autoinjectors, and additionally as prefilled and fillable autoinjectors. By portability, it is classified as handheld and wearable. Additionally, different types of autoinjectors are available in the market as per the indication types such as rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, anaphylaxis, multiple sclerosis, and others. According to the end-user type it is segmented as hospitals, clinics, and home care settings.
As per DelveInsight, the disposable autoinjectors were estimated to gather a larger market share in the historic period. The major factor for the high demand is the higher preference among the end-users due to the presence of a built-in glass syringe which eliminated the need for the manual insertion of the glass syringe. However, the reusable Autoinjectors are expected to observe a higher growth rate owing to the technological advancements in product development. Reusable Autoinjectors allow for the replacement of the drug cartridges after the expiration of the shelf-life.
Autoinjector pens are also getting significant attention from the MedTech giants due to their high demand among users. Over the past few years, regulatory agencies have approved several Autoinjector pens.
Owing to the growing need for emergency administration of therapeutic drugs, the Autoinjectors Market is estimated to observe the growth during the forecast period. The rising prevalence of conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, and Anaphylaxis, among others, is also expected to drive the Autoinjector Market Growth in the coming years.
According to the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation (in 2020), the estimated number of people living with MS worldwide has increased to 2.8 million in 2020 and the global prevalence was found to be 35.9 per 100,000 people. Currently, there is no specific cure available for the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis, however, therapies such as AVONEX Pens are available in the market that helps in controlling clinical exacerbations associated with Multiple Sclerosis.
Similarly, in the case of anaphylaxis, there is a requirement for Autoinjectors. Anaphylaxis may set in rapidly and may even lead to death. As per the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, in the US, allergies account for the sixth most common cause of chronic illnesses and more than 50 million people in the US suffer from different types of allergies each year. It is observed that allergies can manifest into anaphylactic shocks and often require immediate administration of epinephrine injections which are being sold in prefilled autoinjectors on the market. As per DelveInsight, owing to the rising cases of Allergy, the Epinephrine Autoinjector Market is expected to register high growth during the forecast period.
Despite several favorable conditions, some of the key factors such as the availability of alternative products (ex. conventional needles and syringes) in the market may restrain the Autoinjectors Market Growth in the coming years.
Interested to know more about the ongoing developments in the Autoinjectors Market? Visit to get an in-depth insight into Autoinjectors Procedure, Types, and Emerging Products
As per DelveInsight, North America is expected to dominate the global Autoinjector Market during the forecast period. The autoinjectors market share in North America is expected to grow owing to the rising demand for autoinjector devices in facilitating self-administration of drugs, the presence of a highly aware patient pool, as well as better healthcare access in the region. Additionally, the rising cases of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, migraine, MS, and anaphylaxis among others will also influence the Autoinjectors Market Growth in the coming years.
In North America, the US is expected to hold a major chunk of the Autoinjector’s Market Share. According to Migraine Research Foundation (2021), in the US, nearly 39 million people including both children and adult populations suffer from migraine. Additionally, more than 4 million people experience chronic migraine episodes on a daily basis.
As per the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (in 2021), around one million people are currently living in the United States with Multiple Sclerosis. As per DelveInsight, in 2019, the Multiple Sclerosis prevalent cases in the United States were found to be 708,888 which will increase by 2032.
Apart from the rising prevalence of these indications, the large presence of the global MedTech players in North America as well as the launch of new products will also stimulate the Autoinjectors market growth in the region. Moreover, the favorable policies by the healthcare regulatory authorities and the rising awareness among the patients and caregivers regarding new treatment methods and products will also influence the market growth.
Interested in knowing how the Autoinjectors Market will be growing by 2026? Click to get a snapshot @ Autoinjectors Market Trends and Developments
Over the years, the Autoinjectors Market has evolved immensely due to technological advancement and the active participation of the global MedTech players in the segment.
Here are a few of the major Breakthroughs & key Innovations in the Autoinjectors Market –
- In May 2021, Phillips-Medisize, a Molex Company launched their Aria Smart Autoinjector Platform. This includes a small smart injectable device that features a reusable electronic drive unit and single-use disposable cassettes.
- In January 2020, Teva Pharmaceuticals received the product approval from the FDA for the autoinjector for the delivery of remanezumab, an anti-calcitonin gene-related peptide (anti-CGRP) approved for the prevention of migraine in adults.
- In October 2019, BD launched the BD Intevi 1mL two-step disposable autoinjector. This device combines an autoinjector and pre-fillable syringe in one integrated system.
- In August 2020, the US FDA approved Kesimpta® (as an injection for subcutaneous use) for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (RMS), including clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting disease, and active secondary progressive disease, in adults.
As per DelveInsight, the ongoing clinical and commercial developments will contribute immensely to the Autoinjectors Market in the coming years.
Some of the key companies operating in the Autoinjectors Market include BD (NYSE: BDX), Ysmoed AG, Sonceboz, Phillips (AMS: PHIA) -Medisize, Nemera, Novartis (SWX: NOVN), Teva Pharmaceuticals (TLV: TEVA), Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN), GSK (NYSE: GSK), Mylan Inc (NASDAQ: VTRS), Elcam Medical, Union Medico Injection Safety ApS, SHL Medical AG, Haselmeier, Owen Mumford Ltd, and others. As per DelveInsight, due to the very high growth rate and positive return, several new players are expected to enter the Autoinjectors Market in the coming years, making it one of the most competitive domains in the healthcare sector.
Learn how new players’ entries will transform the Autoinjectors Market in the coming years @ Autoinjectors’ Competitive Landscape.
During the Covid-19, globally countries have adopted several measures to restrict the spread of coronavirus. Health authorities have taken steps during the Covid-19 period including the suspension of numerous elective procedures and outpatient visits. The suspension of elective surgeries has reduced the demand for Autoinjectors in the market as a large number of surgeries across different medical specialties were discontinued, thereby impacting the Autoinjectors Market Growth. However, as the situation continues to improve with the vaccination, the Autoinjectors Market is expected to get on track and grow in the coming years.
To gain a better understanding of potential new entrants in the market, competitive dynamics, and attractiveness of the Autoinjectors Market, connect with us to get Autoinjectors Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Scope of the Autoinjectors Market Report:
- Geography Covered: Global
- Study Period: 2018-2026
- Autoinjectors Market by Product Type – Disposable and Reusable
- Autoinjectors Market by Type – Prefilled and Fillable
- By Portability – Handheld and Wearable
- By Indication – Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes, Anaphylaxis, Multiple Sclerosis, And Others
- By End User – Hospitals, Clinics, and Homecare Settings
- By Geography – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Product Profiles, Case Studies, KOL’s Views, Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Autoinjectors Market Key factors analysis|
|5||Autoinjectors Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Autoinjectors Market|
|7||Autoinjectors Market Layout|
|8||Autoinjectors Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Autoinjectors Product Profiles and Key Companies|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of the Autoinjectors Regulatory & Patent Analysis.
Key Takeaways From the Autoinjectors Market Report Study
- In-depth analysis of the Autoinjectors Market size, share, and key trends.
- Comprehensive analysis of current Autoinjectors Market size (2020), and market forecast for 5 years (2021-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Autoinjectors Market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the Autoinjectors Market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures happened over the last 3 years
- Key companies dominating the Global Autoinjectors Market.
- Various opportunities are available for the other competitors in the Autoinjectors Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020? How these segments will perform in 2026.
- Which are the top-performing regions and countries in the current Autoinjectors Market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for Autoinjectors Market growth in the coming future?
Related Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
Trending Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight
- Top 9 Most Common Food Allergies
- Migraine Market
- Migraine Treatment and CGRP antibodies
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Landscape
- Pipeline Therapies in the Rheumatoid Arthritis Market
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Market
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights into how the MedTech Market is expected to evolve in the coming years and to formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions