As per DelveInsight analysis, the Bipolar Depression market will experience a significant impact in the coming years owing to the increase in awareness and technology, advancement towards precision medicine, expected launch of emerging drugs, entry of emerging drugs from key Bipolar Depression companies such as COMPASS Pathways, Celon Pharma, NeuroRx, and others.
DelveInsight’s Bipolar Depression market report provides thorough comprehension of Bipolar Depression, historical and forecasted epidemiology, and Bipolar Depression market trends in the 7MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan).
Key Takeaways from the Bipolar Depression Market Report
- DelveInsight’s analysts estimate that the Bipolar Depression market is anticipated to show positive growth during the forecast period.
- As per DelveInsight estimates, the total Bipolar Depression diagnosed prevalent cases were approx 2.4 million in the US in 2020, which is further expected to increase by 2032.
- As per the estimates, the highest Bipolar Depression prevalent cases were of severe bipolar depression cases followed by moderate and mild in the UK in 2020.
- The leading Bipolar Depression companies such as Intra-Cellular Therapies, NeuroRx, Otsuka, Lundbeck, Sunovion (Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma), COMPASS Pathways, Celon Pharma, and others are developing therapies that are expected to launch their drugs in the Bipolar Depression market
- Key Bipolar Depression therapies in the pipeline include Caplyta (Lumateperone; ITI-007), NRX-100/NRX-101, Rexulti/Rxulti (Brexpiprazole), SEP-4199, COMP 360 (Psilocybin Therapy), Falkieri (Esketamine DPI) are expected to bring the positive shift in the market along with others.
For further information on how the emerging therapies would shift the bipolar depression market landscape download the sample @ Bipolar Depression Market Outlook
Bipolar Depression: Overview
Bipolar Disorder is a mental disorder marked by mood swings between depression and mania. Bipolar Depression is classified into four types based on the characteristics of the episodes: BD-I, BD-II, cyclothymic disorder, and bipolar disorder not otherwise specified.
The Bipolar Depression symptoms can differ. Patients may experience manic, depressive, or mixed episodes. Mixed episodes have characteristics of both manic and depressive episodes and can last a week or longer. If these episodes are not treated, the duration and frequency of these episodes may decrease.
Bipolar Depression diagnosis is very difficult, and it is frequently mistaken for unipolar depression. A physical examination, psychiatric evaluation, mood charting, and the application of DSM-5 criteria for bipolar episodes are usually required for the Bipolar Depression diagnosis.
Bipolar Depression Epidemiology Segmentation
The Bipolar Depression report proffers epidemiological analysis for the study period 2019-32 in the 7MM segmented into:
- Bipolar Depression Total Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Bipolar Depression Type-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Bipolar Depression Severity-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases
- Bipolar Depression Total Treated Cases
Know-how Bipolar Depression epidemiological trends are going to look like in 2032 for the 7MM by downloading @ Bipolar Depression Epidemiological Insights
Bipolar Depression treatment’s ultimate goal is to achieve a high level of psychosocial function and health-related quality of life. Bipolar Depression is a highly recurrent disorder, and sometimes medication needs to continue even if the patient feels well. For bipolar depression patients, several off-label uses of therapies, or combinatorial therapy, are common. Anticonvulsants (such as Divalproex and Lamotrigine), Olanzapine monotherapy, and combined lithium and lamotrigine therapy have all been shown to reduce the severity of depressive symptoms in Bipolar Depression patients. Except for fluoxetine when combined with olanzapine, no antidepressant is explicitly approved by the FDA for bipolar depression treatment.
Antidepressant monotherapy is discouraged in bipolar I disorder, mainly when mixed features are present and even when combined with a mood stabilizer. ECT, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, lifestyle interventions, and psychotherapies are examples of non-pharmacological treatment for bipolar depression. ECT is commonly used for treatment-refractory depression. Psychotherapy, such as psychoeducation, CBT, family-focused therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, mindfulness-based CBT, and interpersonal and social rhythm therapy, is useful primarily as adjunctive treatments for managing bipolar depression.
As of now, only four bipolar depression medications have received FDA approval for acute bipolar depression and are available in the bipolar depression market. The olanzapine‐fluoxetine combination (OFC) was first approved in 2003. Quetiapine was approved in 2006. In 2013, lurasidone was approved as a monotherapy and adjunct to ongoing lithium or valproate for bipolar I depression. The fourth, cariprazine, was approved in 2019.
Moreover, a robust pipeline in the Bipolar Depression treatment landscape is indicative of the very high bipolar depression market potential of drugs, this includes Caplyta, NRX-100/NRX-101, Rexulti/Rxulti, SEP-4199, COMP 360, Falkieri, and others.
Discover more about therapy set to grab substantial Bipolar Depression market share @ Bipolar Depression Medication
Bipolar Depression Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- Caplyta (Lumateperone; ITI-007): Intra-Cellular Therapies
- NRX-100/NRX-101: NeuroRx
- Rexulti/Rxulti (Brexpiprazole): Otsuka/ Lundbeck
- SEP-4199: Sunovion (Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma)
- COMP 360 (Psilocybin Therapy): COMPASS Pathways
- Falkieri (Esketamine DPI): Celon Pharma
To know about more Bipolar Depression medication and pipeline therapies under different development phases visit @ Bipolar Manic Depression Pipeline Assessment and Emerging Therapies
Bipolar Depression Market Dynamics
A robust pipeline of novel and emerging therapies, increase in awareness and technology, advancement towards precision medicine for bipolar depression, future directions in blood biomarkers, and others serve as major aspects for Bipolar Depression market growth in the upcoming years.
However, misdiagnosis of bipolar depression, unsatisfactory design of RCTs, limited understanding of the disease mechanism, are among the factors that can affect the Bipolar Depression market growth.
Know more about which pharma player in the Bipolar Depression market is set to emerge as the trendsetter @ Bipolar Depression Companies
Scope of the Bipolar Depression Market Report
- Study Period: 2019-32
- Coverage: 7MM [The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan]
- Bipolar Depression Key Companies: Intra-Cellular Therapies, NeuroRx, Otsuka, Lundbeck, Sunovion (Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma), COMPASS Pathways, Celon Pharma, among others.
- Bipolar Depression Key Pipeline Therapies: Caplyta (Lumateperone; ITI-007), NRX-100/NRX-101, Rexulti/Rxulti (Brexpiprazole), SEP-4199, COMP 360 (Psilocybin Therapy), Falkieri (Esketamine DPI), and others.
- Bipolar Depression Therapeutic Assessment: Bipolar Depression current marketed and emerging therapies
- Bipolar Depression Market Dynamics: Bipolar Depression market drivers and barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Bipolar Depression Market Access and Reimbursement
Table of Contents
|3.||Bipolar Depression Market Overview at a Glance|
|5.||Epidemiology and Bipolar Depression Market Methodology|
|6.||Disease Background and Overview|
|7.||Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder|
|8.||Current Treatment Practices|
|9.||Epidemiology and Patient Population|
|11.||Key Endpoints in Bipolar Depression Clinical Trials|
|12.||Bipolar Depression Marketed Therapies|
|13.||Bipolar Depression Emerging Therapies|
|14.||7MM Bipolar Depression Market Analysis|
|15.||Bipolar Depression Market Access and Reimbursement|
|16.||Bipolar Depression Market Drivers|
|17.||Bipolar Depression Market Barriers|
Get in touch with our business executive for Healthcare Due Diligence Services
Bipolar Depression Pipeline Insights, 2022 report by DelveInsight outlays comprehensive insights of present clinical development scenario and growth prospects across the Bipolar Depression market. A detailed picture of the Bipolar Depression pipeline landscape is provided, which includes the disease overview, treatment guidelines, pipeline products, and key Bipolar Depression involved such as Intra-Cellular Therapies, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, COMPASS Pathways, among others.
Bipolar Depression Epidemiology Forecast to 2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted Bipolar Depression epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
Major Depressive Disorder Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Major Depressive Disorder, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key Major Depressive Disorder companies such as Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Forest Laboratories, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals, Janssen Research & Development, Axsome Therapeutics, Fabre-Kramer Pharmaceuticals, SAGE Therapeutics, among others.
Treatment-resistant Depression Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Treatment-resistant Depression, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key Treatment-resistant Depression companies such as Axsome Therapeutics, COMPASS Pathways, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Navitor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., among others.
Persistent Depressive Disorder Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Persistent Depressive Disorder, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key Persistent Depressive Disorder companies such as Philipps University Marburg Medical Center, Nova Scotia Health Authority, among others.
Postpartum Depression Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030 report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Postpartum Depression, historical and forecasted epidemiology, as well as the market trends, market drivers, market barriers, and key Postpartum Depression companies such as Sage Therapeutics, Epharmix, Inc., among others.
Related Healthcare Blogs
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.