One of the fastest-growing sectors in the healthcare industry is augmented reality and virtual reality in healthcare. From 2022 to 2027, the global AR & VR in healthcare market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 32.33 percent, from USD 2.22 billion in 2022 to USD 9.02 billion by 2027.
As the epidemic spreads, some healthcare providers are turning to virtual and augmented reality technologies to assist them in interacting with patients and providing more tailored care, especially when physical contact is limited. It is focussing on R&D and enhancing its supply chain management. The COVID-19 situation has thrown the sector into disarray. The manufacturing sector as a whole is transforming. It is concentrating on research and development and improving its supply chain management. Most importantly, it is investing in skill development due to the significant increase in demand.
Humanity is currently experiencing a moment of extraordinary change throughout the world. As a result of the latest COVID-19 outbreak, multiple countries have been placed on lockdown. As a result, social relationships are changing, and isolating conditions are becoming more common. Patients are crammed into hospital beds, making this testing time more complicated, and users can engage with a virtual environment using virtual reality technology. This simulated world is created using computer hardware and software. In a completely immersive environment, users can interact with any object as if they were in the actual world. Virtual reality is made possible through smartphone apps and software. Due to social distance and lockdown measures to limit viral propagation and the advent of AR and VR into the healthcare sector, virtual healthcare has emerged as one of the most important strategies for assisting patients affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Y-O-Y increase in virtual reality and augmented reality in healthcare and medicine is propelling the global AR & VR in the healthcare market.
In recent years, medical education has seen a surge in augmented reality and virtual reality usage. Medical students, doctors, and surgeons can learn to effectively manage their patients and execute complex surgeries without endangering their patients. Under the guidance of a human surgeon, robots employ virtual reality technology to execute high-precision surgeries. In addition, the use of AR and VR in physical therapy is expected to soar in the near future, accelerating the global AR and VR in healthcare market’s growth pace. When patients are having physical treatment, VR assists them in overcoming high pain levels and ensuring a faster recovery. When a person is put in a horrible position, they want to find a way out and overcome the crisis. This is known as post-traumatic stress treatment. Virtual reality can be used by patients with anxiety, phobias, or depression to meditate or relax in a safe setting. AR maps can locate medical centers, pharmacies, and other healthcare institutions superimposed over reality.
Virtual reality is used in medical teaching, pain management and physical therapy, early illness detection and treatment, and low vision. The Uses of Augmented Reality in Healthcare- As one of the most popular technologies, augmented reality is being researched and used by all businesses seeking digital transformation. Augmented reality is being used in healthcare in today’s culture. Augmented surgery, symptom description, nursing care, and pharmacy are a few applications for this technology in the healthcare industry. The adoption of technologically advanced items and equipment is on the rise. Virtual reality is soon becoming one of the fascinating medical developments. It has contributed to improved healthcare results. With gaming, health, automotive, and retail uses, AR is one of the most current technologies.
Rapid technology breakthroughs in the healthcare industry are another key factor accelerating the global AR & VR in the healthcare market’s growth rate.
Despite tremendous advancements in the healthcare field, augmented reality and virtual reality are proven to be game-changers. From teaching medical professionals to virtual surgeries, remotely consulting patients, and enhanced diagnostics, AR and VR will play a significant role in making all of this possible. Various healthcare applications that deliver far better and faster services have been developed due to technological advancements. Virtual reality helps to improve the quality and efficiency of services from medical assessment to treatment, surgery to patient care. Virtual Reality adds color to the medical industry while enhancing overall medical quality. Communication, simulation, treatment, and healthcare research have all benefited greatly from technology. AR/VR will be widely employed in healthcare in the near future for intraoperative surgery, healthcare professional training, physiotherapy, better diagnostics, anatomy, visualization, and a variety of other applications.
The global AR & VR in healthcare market growth is further predicted to be fuelled by rising Internet and small phone usage around the world and an increase in mobile apps for healthcare based on virtual reality.
Mobile health is the innovative application of rapidly evolving mobile technologies to provide and improve health services. Mobile technology is being integrated into health care delivery to improve public health and efficiency. Smartphone apps with virtual reality capabilities aid in the treatment of several ailments and the resolution of various medical issues. Virtual medical games, for example, can assist patients overcome pain and phobias, improve patient understanding of the medical process, and make medical studies easier for students. Healthcare is rapidly evolving due to technological discoveries, from anesthetics and antibiotics to magnetic resonance imaging scanners and radiotherapy. To construct connected medical equipment, the Internet of Things (IoT), mobile health (mHealth), and artificial intelligence (AI) can all be merged. Both wired and wireless Internet access is accessible.
On the other hand, high product and device costs, a scarcity of experienced employees, privacy issues, and data security are projected to slow the global AR and VR growth in the healthcare market. The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is a distributed network of medical equipment, software applications, health systems, and services. Several companies lack the digital skills required to adopt these technologies properly. There’s also the risk of fragmentation and competing capabilities across hardware platforms and operating systems. As a result, the adoption of VR or AR may jeopardize corporate operations.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/ar-vr-in-healthcare-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- The hardware sector is predicted to dominate the global augmented reality and virtual reality in healthcare market during the forecast period. The AR and VR sector in healthcare is dominated by devices such as head-mounted displays, smart glasses, and 3D sensors. In training and simulation, surgery, diagnostics, telementoring, and other applications, smart glasses and other head-mounted devices are extensively employed. As a result, AR/VR hardware will have an extensive established product base with a high adoption rate by 2020, especially in developed nations, accounting for most of the market share.
- Thanks to recent technological innovations in in-app design, such as Eye Decide, the Software industry is likely to grow rapidly over the forecast period. It detects eye issues by measuring a range of parameters. In recent years, interconnectivity and network services that allow patients to access these platforms have evolved substantially.
- The North American AR & VR in healthcare market is predicted to dominate the global market during the forecast period. Higher use of these technologies increased R&D investments, and favorable government initiatives are key factors driving the market in North America. The presence of significant manufacturers and vendors in the region and increased government and corporate funding for the development of these technologies all contribute to the region’s supremacy. In addition, the US government is funding virtual reality research with an emphasis on healthcare. As a result of continued breakthroughs in the information technology industry and government backing for the deployment of AR/VR technologies in the medical profession, the Americas have risen to the top. Due to a high rate of technological adoption, higher healthcare spending, and more government programs, the United States is the most profitable market in the region. India, China, Brazil, and Mexico are potential outsourcing countries for AR and VR technology development and distribution in the healthcare industry.
- Google, Microsoft, Mindmaze, Oculus VR, HTC Corporation, Firsthand Technology, and Psious are prominent participants in the worldwide AR & VR in the Healthcare market.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/ar-vr-in-healthcare-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED UNDER THIS REPORT:
- Augmented Reality
- Surgical Application
- Training & Medical Education
- Virtual Reality
- Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy (VRET)
- Pain Distraction
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of EU
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Browse Regional Reports:
- North America AR & VR in Healthcare Market
- Europe AR & VR in Healthcare Market
- APAC AR & VR in Healthcare Market
- Latin America AR & VR in Healthcare Market
- MEA AR & VR in Healthcare Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast