As per our research report, the global aptamers market is expected to be worth USD 242.3 million in 2022 and USD 523.5 million by 20267, with a CAGR of 16.66% during the forecast period.
The rush to develop novel diagnoses, treatments, and prevention measures is more critical than ever as COVID-19, which is caused by SARS-CoV-2, continues to infect millions of people around the world. A framework of diagnoses, treatments, and, most importantly, immunizations is being created to create a comprehensive care regimen.
One of the new DNA receptors is the aptamer, a single-stranded folded RNA or DNA that can bind and detect diverse nucleic and non-nucleic acid molecules with high affinity and specificity. The usage of aptamer probes for viral detection has increased in recent years. Aptamers, or multipotent biological probes, could be excellent candidates for constructing sensitive and specific biosensors. Although only a few studies have focused on specific coronavirus aptamer types, they may help researchers figure out the best way to obtain specific aptamers for this virus. Aptamers can detect any evidence of viral infection, including viral DNA, proteins, and antibodies. Aptamers may be useful in this pandemic because they may be used to test for COVID-19 as well as treat it, which is especially useful considering the limits of current approaches owing to resource and equipment availability. The global aptamers market is predicted to develop at a healthy rate over the forecast period, owing to the aforementioned factors.
The worldwide aptamers market is being propelled ahead by technological advancements and increased R&D spending in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Because of its low cost and excellent efficacy in binding to large molecules, the patent expiration of systematic evolution of ligands by exponential enrichment technology (SELEX) may aid this business. Breakthroughs in aptamer creation procedures, as well as increased R&D spending by key industry players to manufacture and produce recombinant goods, are driving the worldwide aptamers market. Increased use of aptamers in pharmaceutical development and sickness treatment could fuel market growth during the forecast period. During the projected period, increasing FDA approvals for the first aptamers medicines are expected to propel market growth. The growth of the market is further accelerating due to increased producer awareness and a healthy pipeline. The aptamers market is rising due to lower costs and increased R&D spending in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors.
The global aptamers market is likely to be driven by increasing usage of aptamers in the chemical and food sectors, as well as rising public demand for aptamers due to their advantages, such as high efficiency and low cost compared to antibodies.
The usage of aptamers is subject to strict rules. The market’s growth is hampered by ethical concerns about aptamers obtained from animals, which are delayed to enter the market due to regulatory constraints. Furthermore, the lack of proper, consistent molecular development rules hampered overall growth during the forecast period. The expansion of the aptamers market may be hampered by a scarcity of qualified and experienced personnel. The growth of the market would be limited during the projection period due to a lack of market acceptability. Global expansion is hampered by a lack of understanding of new technology in medium and low-income countries, as well as an insufficient regulatory structure. During the projected period, many aptamers failed to fulfil the required safety and efficiency standards in clinical tests. The growth is hampered by the aptamers’ unfavourable features.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/aptamers-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- DNA-based aptamers lead the global aptamer market by product type, accounting for a major portion of market share. This market is predicted to grow at a healthy rate throughout the forecast period, thanks to increased research and development initiatives on DNA-based aptamers.
- The North American region dominates the sector due to rapid technological developments and significant investment and support to aid in the creation of aptamers. All major aptamer R&D activities have been centred in the United States. The first aptamer therapeutic medication, “Macugen,” was approved by the US FDA in 2004. (United States Food and Drugs Administration).
- Aptamers, which are made specifically for the protein of the SARS-nucleocapsid CoV-2, are utilised and provide a rapid result. There is no need to chill or prepare the sample. COVID-19 will be accurately detected in both symptomatic and asymptomatic cases, as well as differentiated from influenza and other common respiratory viruses, using a nanosensor-based approach. According to a study published in the Nucleic Acids Research Journal in June 2021 by Jiuxing Li et al., aptamers maintained full binding activity with the S1 protein spiked into 50% of human saliva, which could facilitate home testing or quick testing in congregate settings. Based on this discovery, researchers created a simple colorimetric sandwich test that could identify pseudo typed lentivirus in 50 percent saliva with a detection limit of 400 fM utilising the MSA1 aptamer as a molecular recognition element. The aptamers’ promise as diagnostic tools for COVID-19 detection in easily accessible patient samples was proven in this study.
- The most active application of aptamers in North America is in research and development. Research applications account for a considerable amount of demand, as well as the market’s income. In addition, one of the primary factors driving the market’s growth is the increasing adoption of personalised medicine. Aptamers have evolved quickly in the last 10 years, and they’ve been used to target a variety of molecules implicated in tumour growth and metastasis at various locations. Eastern Virginia Medical School in the United States started a phase I clinical research in March 2021 to see if a tenofovir (TFV) aptamer-based biosensor (aptasensor) can detect TFV in biological fluids from women who were randomly assigned to different dose regimens with high and low adherence. In January 2022, the trial should be completed. As a result of the factors mentioned above, the market in the area is likely to increase throughout the forecast period.
- Geographically, the European market accounted for the second-largest part of the worldwide aptamers market in 2020, and it is expected to account for a promising share throughout the forecast period. The market is growing due to a growing focus on research and development efforts in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors in order to introduce advanced pharmaceutical medications. Furthermore, advances in aptameric systems bode well for the development of effective and inexpensive diagnostics, therapies, and vaccines for SARS-CoV-2 and other infectious diseases. As a result, major countries in the region, such as Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and Italy, are increasing regional market growth in Europe.
- During the projected period, the German aptamers market held the greatest share of the European market, and this dominance is expected to continue due to the increasing prevalence of superior technological bases coupled with increased investments and funding for technology development.
- The UK aptamers market, on the other hand, is expected to rise at a robust CAGR over the forecast period. The rising prevalence of life-threatening diseases such as cancer has prompted numerous businesses to develop new aptamer-based detection tests, which are projected to drive market expansion.
- Similarly, due to increased investment in research & development by the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, countries such as Italy, France, and Spain are expected to have a moderate CAGR in the European aptamers market during the forecast period.
- The leading firms in the global aptamers market are AM Biotechnologies, Aptagen, Aptamer Sciences Inc., Aptamer Solutions Ltd, Aptus Biotech S.L, Base Pair Biotechnologies Inc., NeoVentures Biotechnology Inc., SomaLogic Inc., TriLink BioTechnologies Inc., and Vivonics, Inc.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/aptamers-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED UNDER THIS REPORT:
- Peptide Aptamers
- Nucleic Acid Aptamers
- DNA-Based Aptamers
- RNA-Based Aptamers
- XNA-Based Aptamers
- Therapeutics Development
- Research and Development
By End User:
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Bio-Pharmaceutical companies
- Academic and Research Centres
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse Regional Reports:
- North America Aptamers Market
- Europe Aptamers Market
- APAC Aptamers Market
- Latin America Aptamers Market
- MEA Aptamers Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast