As per our research report, the size of the global apheresis market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 9.96% between 2022 and 2027, from USD 2.2 billion in 2022 to USD 3.54 billion by 2027.
The current coronavirus outbreak (COVID 19) has prompted major and quick reforms in healthcare. The World Health Organization (WHO) (WHO) declared the epidemic a public health emergency. As a result of the lockdown, many hospitals and clinics have been shuttered. Medical personnel on the front lines of the COVID-19 combat must take precautions to prevent illness transmission. During the early half of the pandemic, the COVID-19 had a negative effect on the apheresis market. During the crisis, no one has sought refuge in hospitals or clinics to be safe and protected from the virus. Doctors went to considerable measures to gather any blood components from patients or donors to avoid the danger of infection. Healthcare workers have resumed their efforts to organize blood from patients or donors that can be utilized in an emergency. The apheresis market has seen a rise in income due to commencing surgical treatments.
Due to the widespread use of plasma therapy in treating COVID-19 infected patients, the apheresis market is predicted to benefit during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, the US FDA authorized emergency use authorization (EUA) of convalescent plasma (CCP) therapy in hospitalized COVID-19 patients in August 2020. Terumo BCT Inc. and Marker Therapeutics AG also gained FDA clearance in April 2020 for the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of Terumo BCT’s Spectra Optia Apheresis System combined with Marker Therapeutics’ D2000 Adsorption Cartridge to treat COVID-19 disease in patients aged 18 and up. As a result of the widespread use of apheresis units in treating COVID-19 patients and growing FDA product approvals, the apheresis market is expected to rise throughout the pandemic.
Apheresis treatments have seen a surge in quantity and areas of applications in recent years, and the apheresis market for these operations is growing at an unprecedented rate. Apheresis is being utilized to treat a variety of renal disorders and neurology, cancer, hematological, autoimmune diseases, and cardiovascular diseases. As a result, several private and public insurers have started to monitor the apheresis reimbursement process. Many private insurances pay apheresis procedures whether they are performed in a hospital or not. Similar policy changes have been made in other nations, with insurers agreeing to cover a wide range of conditions.
Increased demand for blood components and worldwide worries about blood safety, biopharmaceutical firms’ desire for source plasma, and the number of surgical procedures and emergency care cases in hospitals. During the forecast period, demand is projected to be driven by the availability of favorable government programs and reimbursement systems.
According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, chronic renal disease will affect roughly 37 million (15 percent) adults in the United States by 2021. The market is driven by apheresis, which plays a critical role in purifying blood in patients with kidney problems. Along with these considerations, the market is being driven forward by increased product innovations and approvals. For example, in June 2020, Fresenius Kabi AG and Fresenius Kabi USA got FDA approval for the ALYX Component Collection System, which is designed to collect and separate whole blood into its constituents in blood collection facilities. As a result of the aforementioned cases, the apheresis market is predicted to increase steadily during the forecast period.
The lack of awareness of apheresis, a scarcity of competent experts, and the high cost of these treatments are all limiting factors in the worldwide apheresis market’s growth.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/apheresis-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- The disposable segment is expected to lead the global apheresis market throughout the forecast period based on the product. The market demand is likely to be fuelled by several innovations in manufacturing blood bags, tubing, and disposable kits. Another beneficial aspect for the segment’s growth is the increasing efficacy of the therapeutic technique in separating all sorts of blood components.
- North America led the global apheresis market in 2021. Developed healthcare infrastructure, high patient awareness levels, and the increased prevalence of blood-related ailments such as kidney disease, metabolic disease, cancer, and neurological disorders are the major drivers driving the market’s growth in North America. According to the United States, one person is diagnosed with blood cancer every three minutes in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). In 2020, 178,520 people in the United States will be diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma. In addition, leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma accounted for 9.8% of all new cancer cases diagnosed in the United States in 2021. As a result of the increasing prevalence of target diseases, the market is expected to rise rapidly.
- The US Department of defense began collecting 8,000 donated plasma units from patients who have recovered from COVID-19 in May 2020 to aid in the discovery of a viable treatment for the condition. Plasmapheresis equipment and disposables are now widely used in the United States due to this initiative.
- Furthermore, the increasing number of product approvals and the presence of most of the key companies in the region contribute significantly to the market’s growth. For example, the Food and Drug Administration approved the NexSys PCS system with Persona technology from Haemonetics Corporation in October 2020 for plasma collection depending on an individual donor’s body composition. Therefore, the apheresis market in North America is likely to grow significantly over the forecasted period due to the aforementioned factors.
- The European Apheresis market is led by Germany, France, and the United Kingdom. Due to various factors, including increasing knowledge of apheresis, financial strength to acquire expensive gear, and favorable reimbursement rules, the market in this discipline is expected to develop significantly throughout the forecast period. The European market accounts for 26% of the world’s total. Because of less severe apheresis device licensing requirements and the availability of enormous unexplored prospects in rising European countries, it has a CAGR of 8.74%.
- Due to rising awareness of apheresis and economic power to buy high-priced devices, the German apheresis market is expected to dominate the European market during the projection period. Apheresis devices are used in an increasing number of blood donations, and increasing the number of apheresis therapy operations is expected to drive Germany’s industry. The increased demand for apheresis, which can target minor bacteria in platelets and components to lower the risk of transmission-transmitted illnesses, is expected to boost Germany’s market even more.
- The apheresis market in France is estimated to increase at a CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period, making it another lucrative region in the European industry. The French market is primarily supported by rising healthcare costs and a large patient population with a high transmission demand.
- The UK market is the third-largest in Europe, and technological improvements are projected to propel it forward rapidly over the forecast period.
- Some of the companies that are playing a dominating role in the global apheresis market are Asahi Kasei Medical Co., Ltd., Haemonetics Corporation, Terumo BCT, Inc., Fresenius Medical Care, Kawasumi Laboratories Inc., Cerus Corporation, HemaCare Corporation, Kaneka Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, and Nikkiso Co., Ltd., Therakos, Inc., and Medica S.p.A.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/apheresis-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED IN THIS REPORT:
- Renal Diseases
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Membrane Separation
By End User:
- Private Blood Collection Centres
- Public Blood Collection Centres
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse Regional Reports:
- North America Apheresis Market
- Europe Apheresis Market
- APAC Apheresis Market
- Latin America Apheresis Market
- MEA Apheresis Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast