As per our research report, from 2021 to 2026, the global antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is predicted to rise at a CAGR of 6.44%, reaching USD 5.79 billion by 2026 from USD 4.24 billion in 2021.
The ongoing global COVID-19 epidemic has had positive and negative consequences for numerous healthcare industry sectors. During the worldwide fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, antimicrobial resistance (AMR), a critical concern, received less attention. Access to customers to sell and implement antimicrobial susceptibility testing systems declined due to the pandemic in March and the second quarter of 2020, as hospitals concentrated entirely on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to limited access to present and future clients, market participants have been unable to finalize sales of new AST systems or install already sold systems, limiting the spread of consumable test kits. Furthermore, because there was no proven therapy for COVID-19, prescribers used antibiotics indiscriminately to avoid suspected bacterial co-infections at first. As a result, even in settings with established antimicrobial stewardship systems, faults in appropriate antibiotic usage in the context of the pandemic were revealed. Furthermore, due to the shift in healthcare resources to the pandemic response, antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AMS) have been deprioritized. In the recent past, this restricted market growth by restricting AMR surveillance. Nonetheless, during the projection period, the market is expected to increase at a respectable rate.
The global antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is majorly driven by increased government activities and financing for antimicrobial susceptibility testing programs, technological improvements in developing novel AST methods, and the emergence of multidrug resistance in microorganisms.
Due to infectious organisms such as Haemophilus influenzae, Neisseria meningitides, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Shigella, Vibrio cholerae, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and Salmonella serotype Typhi, antimicrobial susceptibility testing kits are in great demand.
Antimicrobial susceptibility testing is essential for identifying germs that are resistant to antibiotics. According to healthcare specialists, antimicrobial susceptibility is becoming increasingly important in ensuring the efficacy and safety of AST approaches. The Global Sepsis Alliance (GSA), for example, is a non-profit organization established in the United States that aspires to support over one million caregivers in over 70 countries while also increasing awareness of sepsis and how to manage it. Antibiotic / Antimicrobial Resistance (AR / AMR) is a new website designed by the United States Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to increase antibiotic resistance awareness and early detection, diagnosis, and treatment. In addition, antimicrobial resistance plans and actions are being developed and implemented by several local governments and intergovernmental organizations, including the WHO, EU, TATFAR, and GHSA.
Another key factor driving the global antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is the increased usage of antimicrobial susceptibility testing by the biopharmaceutical, biotechnological, and pharmaceutical industries. Furthermore, expanded awareness programs and initiatives for personalized medicine are promoting market growth. As a result, increased antimicrobial susceptibility testing utilization is another driver driving the market’s rise.
In addition, as the prevalence of infectious diseases develops, creating a new broad spectrum of antibacterial drugs is required. Governments and commercial companies are investing heavily in research and development for antimicrobial susceptibility test kits that produce faster results, which is expected to propel the market ahead. Rapid test methods are emerging due to technical improvements in medical research, fuelling the antimicrobial susceptibility testing market’s overall expansion over the forecast period. As a result, as the prevalence of infectious diseases rises, antimicrobial drug sales increase. Furthermore, due to the rise in drug addiction throughout the animal breeding process, drug resistance is increasing in people worldwide. This is why antibiotic susceptibility testing is so important.
On the other hand, the high cost of these systems is a significant barrier to their widespread adoption by end-users, especially small-budget institutions. Furthermore, government regulations are expected to stifle the growth of the worldwide antimicrobial susceptibility testing market. The time lag between establishing clinical breakpoints, approval of new antimicrobial drugs, and inclusion of these agents in antimicrobial susceptibility testing is one of the AST market’s primary issues. When medication makers submit individual new drug applications or device manufacturers submit requests to change the breakpoints, the FDA establishes them. Furthermore, many drugs lack clinical breakpoints, limiting the use of AST products.
Because they offer many advanced features and functions, automated antimicrobial susceptibility testing instruments are pricey. For example, when using automated AST approaches, incubation and detection periods are decreased in half. On the other hand, the high cost of these systems is a key barrier to their widespread adoption by end-users, particularly small-budget organizations.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-antimicrobial-susceptibility-testing-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Manual susceptibility testing products based on the product were dominant in the AST market in 2021. The market is expected to grow as antimicrobial resistance develops, new products are released, and susceptibility testing discs are accepted more widely in emerging countries.
- North America is expected to lead the global antimicrobial susceptibility testing market during the projected period. This is attributable to several variables, including an increase in the number of antibiotic-resistant diseases in the area. This is caused to antibiotic misuse. In the United States, Antibiotic Resistance Threats Antibiotic-resistant illnesses kill approximately 35,000 people in United States each year, according to figures released in 2019. Furthermore, in 2017, there were 223,900 instances of Clostridioides difficile, with at least 12,800 persons dying. Furthermore, well-established precision medicine awareness campaigns and the use of antimicrobial testing in such pushes, as well as advantageous government measures and an increase in the number of research partnerships, are likely to boost market expansion.
- Geographically, Asia Pacific is one of the world’s fastest-growing regions, with China and India likely to have a significant influence during the forecast period. They accounted for most of the Asia Pacific antimicrobial susceptibility testing market share in 2020. Antimicrobial resistance policies and programs are being prioritized by governments in nations such as China and India. Furthermore, efforts to increase antimicrobial resistance awareness and prevent antimicrobial abuse aid in teaching antimicrobial resistance prevention to decision-makers, regulatory bodies, and other end users. The fast expansion of multidrug-resistant microbial diseases in nations like China, India, and Japan has prompted a comprehensive understanding of microbial infection mechanisms and the development of new diagnostic tools and antimicrobials. The proper use of broad-spectrum antimicrobials necessitates the development of a fast and sensitive detection technology that can swiftly decide which medicine is most effective against a specific pathogen.
- A few of the promising companies operating in the global antimicrobial susceptibility testing market are Danaher Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., HiMedia Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., Merlin Diagnostika GmbH, bioMerieux S.A., Merck KGaA, Accelerate Diagnostics, Inc., and Creative Diagnostics.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/global-antimicrobial-susceptibility-testing-market/customization
SEGMENTS ANALYZED UNDER THIS REPORT:
- Manual Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Products
- Susceptibility Testing Disks
- MIC Strips
- Susceptibility Testing Plates
- Automated Laboratory Instruments
- Culture and Growth Media
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research &Academic Institutes
- Clinical Research Organizations
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse Regional Reports:
- North America Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market
- Europe Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market
- APAC Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast