As per our research report, the size of the global antacids market is estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 4.24% from 2021 to 2026 and was valued at USD 16.68 billion in 2021.
The new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has had a tremendous influence on every industry, including healthcare. The COVID 19 pandemic had a detrimental impact. The acid retreat is more likely to affect those over 65. The ambiguity of the COVID-19 pandemic has agitated our stomachs, and current evidence indicates that severe heartburn is linked to the disease’s terrible symptoms. People who take a common type of heartburn medicine may be at an increased risk of getting COVID-19. Proton-pump inhibitors are drugs that are used to treat heartburn in people. According to the American Journal of Gastroenterology, doctors in the United States discovered patients taking a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) twice a day for acid reflux. Proton-pump inhibitors may jeopardize the stomach barrier to COVID 19 access and reduce gut microbial diversity. The usage of PPI is a risk factor for COVID 19 testing positivity. Proton-pump inhibitors have been shown to improve illness outcomes in patients who tested positive. Despite COVID-19’s negative impact, the worldwide antacids market is predicted to grow steadily over the forecast period.
The rising trend of self-medication is accelerating the demand for over-the-counter digestive medications to treat gastrointestinal diseases, which is expected to keep pace with the worldwide antacids market’s growth rate.
Antacids are used to neutralize acidity, and as a result, demand for them should skyrocket. According to a study published in the International Functional Foundation in February 2017 by the American Gastroenterological Association, nearly one-third of the US population suffers from GERD.
The rise in popularity of over-the-counter drugs due to digital ads and campaigns is promising for the antacids market. The rising prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders treatment worldwide is creating opportunities for the market to expand. The growing geriatric population drives market demand, as acidity issues are more common in the elderly. Sedentary lifestyles also contribute to several acidity-related problems. The market for antacids is developing due to the rising need for early diagnosis among individuals and increased focus on releasing high-quality pharmaceuticals and a high manufacturing pace substantially impacts market demand. The rise of the antacids market is aided by rising disposable income in metropolitan regions. In addition, the rising popularity of self-medication is accelerating the market’s expansion. The demand for antacids is also being fuelled by a growing knowledge of the early indications of gastrointestinal illnesses.
Some side effects, including constipation, laxative effect, and allergic responses, are likely to slow the global antacids market’s growth pace. Furthermore, persons with specific medical conditions are more susceptible to adverse effects that harm their health, such as people with heart disease who may experience problems due to the high sodium content in antacids. Acid rebound can occur when antacids (such as calcium carbonate) are taken in large quantities and for long periods of time. Acid rebound is a syndrome that occurs when the stomach produces even more acid after eating or drinking.
Dose-dependent rebound hyperacidity and milk-alkali syndrome are two more typical antacid adverse effects. In addition, constipation, metal intoxication, osteomalacia, and hypophosphatemia are all possible side effects of antacids containing aluminum hydroxide. Furthermore, when used with other acidic medications, antacids may cause absorption of both drugs, resulting in decreased efficacy of both.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/antacid-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- In 2020, the proton pump inhibitors segment dominated the market, which is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. However, due to their occasional heartburn and wide availability, the acid neutralizer market is a substantial segment.
- Based on formulation type, the tablet category had the bulk of the global market share in 2020 and is expected to increase at the fastest rate due to ease of administration, affordable pricing, and widespread availability.
- According to the distribution channel, online pharmacies, drug shops, and hospital pharmacies will account for the bulk of the market share over the projection period. The market’s growth is aided by increased e-commerce adoption and an increase in online stores.
- Due to the expanding geriatric population and lifestyle changes leading to gastrointestinal disorders among the American people, the North American Antacids market is predicted to rise rapidly. In addition, in North American countries such as the United States, the growing trend toward self-medication is driving up demand for over-the-counter digestive products like antacids. In the United States, antacids are the most commonly purchased over-the-counter products. Nexium 24 hour, Prilosec OTC, Zantac 150, and Tums are some of the antacid products available in the country. According to a study published in the American Journal of Gastroenterology, 61 percent of the 71,812 people who took part in the survey in 2018 said they had more than one gastrointestinal symptom in a given week. Heartburn/reflux is the most common symptom. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 14.8 million persons in the United States were diagnosed with ulcers in 2018. The number of people who have ulcers is directly proportionate to those who have GERD. GERD is also one of the most frequent gastrointestinal problems. It affects roughly 20% of individuals in Western countries, with a prevalence of 18.1% to 27.8% in the United States. Because of the high frequency of gastrointestinal diseases and increased knowledge of over-the-counter antacids for self-medication among the American population, the analyzed market in the region is likely to develop significantly during the projected period.
- The expansion of the European antacids market is fuelled by the increased prevalence of gastrointestinal illnesses and the aging population. The absence of understanding regarding gastrointestinal problems, on the other hand, is impeding market expansion. Gastrointestinal issues are on the rise in Europe. In 2018, the 6th Annual European Conference on Gastroenterology, for example, was held in France. The symposium focused on inflammatory bowel disease, gastrointestinal reflux, Helicobacter pylori infection, other gastrointestinal disorders and their progression and treatment. Furthermore, the rising prevalence of digestive problems in the United Kingdom impacts market growth. According to the Guts Charity’s research report, 43 percent of the UK population has suffered intestinal disorders. It also revealed that gastrointestinal illnesses account for roughly 14% of the prescription budget.
- Furthermore, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a prevalent digestive problem in Germany that affects about 10% of the population and is characterized by chronic heartburn as the primary symptom. The condition reduces one’s quality of life, and continuous reflux of stomach acid and bile salts raises the risk of developing distal oesophageal adenocarcinoma. As a result, the increased prevalence of gastrointestinal illnesses is fuelling demand for antacids, propelling the European antacids market forward.
- Because of the existence of multinational players and small to medium-sized enterprises entering the market, the Antacids market is moderately competitive, and the total market will encounter severe rivalry throughout the projection period. Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi S.A., Bayer AG, and Sun Pharmaceuticals Ltd are among the market’s key players.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/antacid-market/customization
SEGMENTS COVERED UNDER THIS REPORT:
By Drug Class:
- Proton Pump Inhibitors
- H2 Antagonist
- Pro-motility agents
- Acid Neutralizers
By Formulation Type:
By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
By Disease Indications:
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Immunological Disorders
- Other Diseases
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of EU
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East
Browse Regional Reports:
- North America Antacids Market
- Europe Antacids Market
- APAC Antacids Market
- Latin America Antacids Market
- MEA Antacids Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast