The Global Pacemakers Market was found to be USD 4.63 billion in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.81% during the forecast period (2021 to 26), it is expected to reach USD 5.78 billion by 2026.
Some of the key factors, such as the rise in cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), superior treatment outcomes of sudden cardiac arrests, increasing patient awareness regarding early-stage diagnosis, increasing geriatric population, and growing technological advancements, are expected to drive the Pacemakers Market Growth in the coming years.
Globally, the key Pacemakers Companies with their products in various stages of development include Medtronic, St. Jude Medical, Boston Scientific Corporation, Biotronik, LivaNova, Lepu Medical Technology, MicroPort Scientific Corporation, and others.
DelveInsight’s “Global Pacemakers Market Forecast” Report provides the current and forecasted Pacemaker market trends for the next five years, upcoming innovation in the devices, individual market shares, challenges, drivers & barriers, and key competitors in the market.
According to the World Health Organization, cardiovascular disorders are the leading cause of death globally, leading to an estimated death of 17.9 million lives every year, representing 32% of all the global deaths. Similarly, as per the data by the American College of Cardiology Foundation, the prevalent cases of total CVD were about 523 million, and the number of deaths due to CVD was about 8.6 million in 2019. Over the past few years, due to the rise in the prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, there is an increase in the demand and need for pacemakers.
A pacemaker is a small device that transmits electrical signals to the heart muscles for maintaining the suitable heart rate or for stimulation of the lower chambers of the heart (Also known as ventricles). The device is also used for the treatment of fainting spells (syncope), congestive heart failure, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It is the device wherein the electrical impulses are generated and are delivered by the electrodes to cause the heart muscles chambers to contract and therefore pump blood; by doing so, the device tends to replace or regulate the functions of the electrical conduction system of the heart.
Interested to know more about the Pacemakers, visit to get an in-depth insight, at Pacemakers Types and Key Developmentst
In terms of market share, North America dominates the global Pacemakers market and is expected to hold a significant market share during the forecast period. As per the analysis, in the United States, the number of individuals implanted with pacemakers is anywhere between 5,00,000 to 3 million, with over 70% of the pacemakers being implanted in patients above 65 years. The increasing prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, the rising adoption of pacemakers among CVD afflicted patients, the increasing prevalence of lifestyle-related disorders, and technological advancement in pacemakers in the region, among several others, are expected to stimulate the Pacemakers Market Growth in the North America region. However, the superiority of North America will be majorly challenged by the European market. Additionally, developing countries such as Mexico, India, and China are also expected to show impressive growth and are anticipated to gain significant Pacemakers Market Share. These untapped markets provide immense opportunities for the global Pacemakers companies in terms of revenue and market share.
Interested in knowing how the Pacemakers Market will be growing by 2026? Click to get a snapshot of Pacemakers Market Outlook
Recent Breakthroughs In Pacemakers Market
In recent years, the Pacemakers Market observed expansions in terms of clinical, commercial, and clinical development. Here are some of the major breakthroughs in the segment –
- On June 16, 2021, Medtronic launched the world’s smallest pacemaker, Micra AV, for treating heart block. Micra AV is considered along with the atrioventricular synchrony. It is the first pacemaker that senses atrial activity without a lead or device in the heart’s upper chambers.
- On April 13, 2021, Aster Medicity had performed one of the first synchronized leadless procedures in the country. The special Micra AV leadless pacemakers were implanted in the 63-year-old man.
- On August 30, 2021, Medtronic had announced positive CED trial data for Micra TPS leadless pacemaker. The trial had evaluated 6,219 patients that were implanted with Micra VR TPS and 10,212 patients that were implanted with traditional TV-VVI pacemakers.
As per DelveInsight, due to the ongoing commercial and clinical development in the Pacemakers Market, there will be rapid growth in the Pacemakers Implantation in the coming years.
Due to a very high prevalence of cardiovascular disorders, the Pacemakers Demand is growing at an immense rate globally and making it one of the most competitive domains in the MedTech segment. Consequently, the high Pacemakers Demand is drawing significant attention from the key players. Currently, some of the key Pacemakers companies in the market include Medtronic (NYSE: MDT), St. Jude Medical (NYSE: STJ), Zoll Medical Corporation (NASDAQ: ZOLL), Abbott (NYSE: ABT), Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX), Biotronik, Cook Medical, LivaNova (NASDAQ: LIVN), Shree Pacetronix (BOM: 527005), OSCOR, Osypka Medical, MEDICO S.p.A., Lepu Medical Technology (SHE: 300003), MicroPort Scientific Corporation (HKG: 0853), and others.
Moreover, several new companies are also expected to enter the market in the coming years, which is anticipated to significantly transform the Pacemakers’ Competitive Landscape immensely.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the Pacemakers Market has witnessed a reduced growth. Closing of manufacturing units, shortage of raw materials, hurdled supply chains, lockdown restrictions, reduced patient visits have affected the market growth. Every form of elective surgery including the Pacemaker Implant Surgeries were affected by the Covid-19 restriction; only patients afflicted with COVID-19 were given priority. However, as the situation is getting normalized with the rise in awareness, increase in vaccination, the healthcare system is slowly getting back on track, and patient visits to the hospitals are also slowly increasing. All these factors are expected to drive the demand for the Pacemakers in the coming months.
To discuss more regarding the short/long-term impact of COVID-19, get a snapshot of the report Pacemakers Market Assessment
Scope of the Pacemakers Market Report
- Geography Covered: Global
- Study Period: 2021-2026
- Market Segmentation By Implantability –
- Implantable Pacemaker – Single-Chamber Pacemaker, Dual-Chamber Pacemaker, and Biventricular/CRT Pacemaker
- External Pacemaker
- Market Segmentation By Pacemaker Types – MRI Compatible Pacemaker and Leadless MRI Compatible Pacemaker
- Market Segmentation By End-user – Hospitals, Cardiac Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others
- Market Segmentation By Geography – North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World
- Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Product Profiles
- Case Studies
- KOL’s Views
- Analyst’s View
Table of Contents
|3||Regulatory and Patent Analysis|
|4||Pacemakers Market Key factors analysis|
|5||Pacemakers Porter’s Five Forces Analysis|
|6||COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Pacemakers Market|
|7||Pacemakers Market Layout|
|8||Pacemakers Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies|
|9||Pacemakers Product Profiles and Key Companies|
Reach out to us to get a more detailed overview of how the Pacemakers Market is evolving with the active participation of the key & the ongoing development in the domain, at Pacemakers Market Outlook
Key Takeaways From the Pacemakers Market Report Study
- In-depth analysis of the Pacemakers Market size, share, and key trends.
- Comprehensive analysis for current Pacemakers Market size (2020), and market forecast for 5 years (2021-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Pacemakers Market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the Pacemakers Market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture happened for last 3 years
- Key companies dominating the Global Pacemakers Market.
- Various opportunities are available for the other competitors in the Pacemakers Market space.
- What are the top-performing segments in 2020? How these segments will perform in 2026.
- Which are the top-performing regions and countries in the current Pacemakers Market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for Pacemakers market growth in the coming future?
Related Healthcare Reports by DelveInsight
The global Cardiac Monitoring Devices Market is expected to evolve immensely in the companies years owing to the active participation of the key companies in the domain such as Boston Scientific Corporation, Neurosoft, ACS Diagnostics, Medtronic, Abbott, BIOTRONIK, Microport Scientific Corporation, GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY, ZOLL Medical Corporation (Asahi Kasai Company), AliveCor Inc, Bexen Cardio, iRhythm Technologies, Inc., Metrax GmbH, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Osypka Medical GmbH and others.
Some of the key companies in the Cardiac Assist Devices Market include Abbott Laboratories, Teleflex Incorporated, SynCardia Systems, LLC, St. Jude Medical Inc, CARMAT, CorWave SA, Medtronic PLC, Terumo Heart, Inc., NovaPump GmbH, Getinge AB, Balton Ltd., Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Thoratec Corporation, CardiacAssist, Inc., Berlin Heart GmbH, and others.
The key companies in the Cardiac Biomarkers Testing Devices Market include Beckman Coulter, Inc, Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Abbott, bioMérieux SA, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Thermo Fischer Scientific Inc, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc, Eurolyser Diagnostica GmbH, Diagnostic Automation / Cortez Diagnostics, Inc, Randox Laboratories Ltd, Tosoh Corporation, DIALAB GmbH, CardioGenics Holdings Inc, Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd., Biosynex and others.
Some of the prominent players in the global Cardiac Valvulotome Market includes LeMaitre Vascular, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Pelegrina Medical, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Teleflex Incorporated, Andramed GmbH, and several others.
Latest Healthcare Blogs by DelveInsight
- Insights into the Rising Prevalence of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Implantable Cardiac Monitors Market
- Cardiac Monitoring Devices Market Analysis
- Cardiovascular Diseases – Emerging Therapies and Key Trends
- Increasing Burden of Heart Failure
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance.
Get in touch with our team to get more detailed insights how the MedTech Market is expected to evolve in the coming years and to formulate innovative business solutions at MedTech Consulting Solutions