Between 2021 to 2026, the size of the global 3D cell culture market is expected to rise at a CAGR of 14.8% and be worth USD 1.81 billion by 2026.
The COVID-19 outbreak has impacted a wide range of enterprises around the world. Governments worldwide imposed strict lockdown measures and social distance rules to slow the pandemic’s spread. As a result, manufacturing facilities worldwide were shut down during the early stages of the pandemic. Furthermore, the economic crisis that followed the outbreak could significantly delay the commercialization of the healthcare industry. Since the epidemic began in 2020, small and medium-sized firms, which are the backbone of the technical industry, have witnessed a dramatic drop in income. As a result, market participants faced several challenges as supply chain disruptions became apparent. However, when more supplies become available in the second half of 2022 and the market conditions and growth are expected to fall into their pre-pandemic position in the near days.
The development of automated large-scale cell culture equipment and the rising need for organ transplantation are propelling the 3D cell culture market forward. Benefits of 3D cell culture and co-culture models include the ability to assess drug safety and efficacy in a more in vivo–like context than traditional 2D cell cultures, as well as the ability to eliminate species differences that limit the interpretation of preclinical results by allowing drug testing directly in human systems.
In addition, as the demand for organ transplants grows, so will the need for 3D cell cultures because sensitive aspects of human physiology, illness, and medication reactions must be reproduced in vitro. For example, 107,103 patients were on the national organ transplant waiting list in 2020, according to the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration’s organdonor.gov website. The website reports that 39,000 organ transplants are performed each year in the United States. With increased organ transplants, research models based on 3D cell cultures are becoming increasingly important. As a result, the market will most certainly grow.
The rise in the growth of the market potential as companies takes the initiative to explore the market’s untapped potential. In addition, increased investment in stem cell research and the expanding use of 3D cell culture in cancer treatment may further contribute to the market’s growth over the projected period.
The growing cancer population necessitates the development of effective biotechnologies to launch any sort of successful cure. In the coming years, this is predicted to add fuel to the growth rate of the 3D cell culture market. In addition, the growing demand for organ transplantation and the need to reduce the dangers associated with such procedures could also fuel the growth of the 3D cell culture market.
On the other hand, 3D cell culture has numerous obstacles to increasing the demand for drug development and cell treatment. The lack of simple readouts is another critical hurdle in 3D cell culture. Too much research uses 3D imaging to assess cell shape, migration, and viability. This takes a long time and necessitates expensive and specialist equipment such as confocal microscopy. At the same time, this continues to be significant due to an effort made to develop simpler readouts. Simultaneously, efforts should be made to standardize analysis methodologies for measuring these results; recreating 3D images is far from simple. While there are multiple commercially available 3D reconstruction software tools, it is still challenging to identify, extract, and quantify new variables from these complicated datasets.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/3d-cell-culture-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Based on the product, the market is divided into bioreactors, microchips, gels, services, scaffold-based platforms, and scaffold-free platforms. The scaffold-based platform segment is projected to be the most popular. The advantages, such as the availability of connection sites and structural rigidity, can be attributable to the variables.
- The market is divided into reagents & consumables, and media categories based on the component. The use of these components in biopharmaceutical production, drug discovery, toxicology, and vaccine production has increased demand for these components.
- The market is segmented into stem cell research, cancer research, drug discovery, and regenerative medicine based on the application. Among all, the cancer research segment is expected to account for the largest share of the 3D cell culture market during the forecast period due to the availability of significant funding for cancer research and an increase in cancer prevalence.
- The 3D cell culture market is segmented into academic institutes, contract research laboratories, and biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies based on the end-user. The biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies segment is expected to have the most significant CAGR during the forecast period. The factors include an increasing preference for alternative testing models over animal testing, increased R&D spending in these companies, and a significant number of pharmaceutical and biotechnology enterprises.
- Geographically, the North American 3D cell culture market is dominated by the United States. The U.S. has prioritized research and development in recent years, investing considerably in 3D cell culture research. As a result, the country has advanced technologically. The top 3D cell culture patent applicants include several Americans. The majority of American candidates create their innovations in both the United States and Asia. In addition, the U.S. has made significant investments in the field of bioengineering over the last few years. Bioengineering utilizes 3D cell culture research as well. Overall investment in varied bioengineering technologies is estimated to reach USD 5,646 in 2020, up from USD 5,091 in 2019. The market for 3D cell culture in the United States has grown due to these factors.
- The European 3D cell culture market is expected to showcase promising growth during the forecast period. The presence of key market participants in this region is significantly helping this regional market to post a healthy growth rate.
- The Asia Pacific 3D cell culture market is predicted to grow rapidly during the projected period due to an increase in the number of drug discovery cases and an increase in the need for organ transplantation. In addition, the need to reduce organ transplantation risk factors may contribute to the growth of the regional 3D cell culture market.
- The market for 3D cell culture is fiercely competitive, with several prominent companies. A few of the significant companies currently dominate the market in terms of market share are Merck, 3D Biotek LLC, 3D Biomatrix, Nano3D Biosciences Corning Inc., VWR International, LLC, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Global Cell Solutions, Inc., Becton Dickinson, and Company, Tecan, InSphero AG, and Lonza Group.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/3d-cell-culture-market/customization
SEGMENTS ANALYZED IN THIS REPORT:
- Scaffold-based 3D Cell Cultures
- Hydrogels/ECM Analogs
- Solid Scaffolds
- Micropatterned Surfaces
- Scaffold-free 3D Cell Cultures
- Low Attachment Plates
- Hanging Drop Plates
- 3D Bioreactors
- 3D Petri Dishes
- Magnetic & Bioprinted
- Cancer & Stem Cell Research
- Drug Discovery & Toxicology Testing
- Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine
By End User:
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Research Institutes
- Cosmetics Industry
- Other End Users
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Browse Regional Reports:
- cell analysis market
- Single-Cell Analysis Market
- cell banking outsourcing market
- cell-based assay market
- cell counting market
- cell expansion market
- cell fractionation market
- cell harvesting systems market
- cell isolation market
- cell line development market
- cell signaling market
- cell sorting market
- cell surface markers market
- cell therapy technologies market
- cellular health screening market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast