Increasing demand for newborn screening and rising preference for less- and non-invasive blood testing methods are key factors driving market growth
The global dried blood spot collection cards market size is expected to reach USD 373.6 Million by 2028 at a CAGR of 3.8%, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Rising use of dried blood spot testing for screening of congenital and metabolic disorders in infants, growing preference for non-invasive techniques, and increasing advantages of dried blood spot testing over conventional blood testing methods are key factors expected to drive market revenue growth. In addition, growing application of dried blood testing in forensic toxicology and therapeutic drug monitoring are also expected to contribute to revenue growth of the market.
Dried Blood Spot Testing (DBS) is a method of biosampling in which blood samples are blotted and dried on filter paper for efficient transportation and long-term storage. The DNA, proteins, and other biomolecules present on the collection card are analyzed through DNA amplification and HPLC technique. Over the past couple of decades, the application scope of dried blood spot testing has expanded and is now used to detect phenylketonuria, congenital hyperthyroidism, and sickle cell disorders in newborns. Dried blood spot testing can efficiently detect genome of virus in HIV-infected infants and thereby reduces risk of false positives. The samples also possess low biohazard risk to handlers and can be safely transported and stored at room temperature. Development of innovative and novel products has increased importance of DBS testing in diverse fields such as environmental contamination control, metabolic profiling, and toxico- and pharmacokinetic studies, among others. Trend of using DBS testing in research and development activities is expected to be prevalent going ahead and this can significantly contribute to market revenue growth.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4054
However, increasing risk of contamination of card, inadequate blood sample volume, and high costs of dried blood spot collection cards are expected to restrain market growth to a significant extent over the forecast period.
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- FTA cards segment revenue is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period owing to its safe and reliable way of room temperature, collection, and storage of samples. FTA cards store DNA samples at room temperature for a longer period and also requires shorter time for processing samples.
- Newborn screening is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global market attributable to increasing cost-efficiency, minimal invasiveness of the procedures, and enhanced accuracy and precision in detecting congenital and metabolic disorders in infants.
- North America accounted for a significantly large revenue share in 2020 owing to rapidly rising number of newborn screening performed in the United States every year, increasing detection of congenital disease through newborn screening, and growing initiatives undertaken by the government to increase awareness about DBS testing for newborn screening.
- Major companies operating in the market include Qiagen, PerkinElmer, Inc., Roche AG, Shimadzu Corporation (Novilytic Labs), Ahlstrom-Munksjö, Pall Corporation, Eastern Business Forms, Inc., ARCHIMEDlife, and Centogene AG, among others.
- In June 2020, Symbiotica, Inc., and InTeleLabs, Inc. jointly launched their Serology COVID-19 Immune Response Antibody test, which is a first-of-its-kind at-home self-collection antibody test for children and adults in the U.S. that uses small samples of blood collected from finger prick on a dried blood spot (DBS) card.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/dried-blood-spot-collection-cards-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the dried blood spot collection cards market based on card type, application, and region:
Card Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Whatman 903
- Ahlstrom 226
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- Newborn Screening
- Infectious Disease Testing
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
Buy Premium Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-pricing/4054
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Ask for Customize Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4054
Some points on how the report benefits stakeholders:
- The reports include historical (2018–2020) and forecast (2021–2028) data points, revenues, and CAGR in table, figure, and chart formats, with detailed and qualitative, supporting written information for each.
- Revenue break-up is provided for each segment in these formats for global, regional, and for each country in the respective region for each year between 2018 and 2028.
- The report contains insights regarding growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, company profiles, strategic developments, expansion details, product launches, and various other aspects related to the market.
- The report contains data and information on customers, competitors, vendors/distributors, and other players and in the global marketplace.
- Market research analysis is vital for all crucial business strategies and can aid in numerous ways and to provide a clearer understanding about strategies being deployed by competitors, product launches, competitive analysis, technological advancements and various other factors that enhance sales of a firm or perhaps provide insights to focus on merger and acquisition as a strategy or enter into strategic agreements or joint ventures etc.
- The report contains company profiles of the top companies operating in the market along with their respective revenue and operating segments, geographical reach, market footprint, headquarters, growth rates, recent developments, product /services, expansion strategies, investments in expansion, and more.
Explore Latest Trending Research Reports By Reports and Data’s
Pipette Tip Market Size, Share and Industry Analysis By Type (Filtered Pipette Tips and Non-Filtered Pipette), By Application (Research Institute, Hospital, Industry, and Others), and By Region Forecast To 2028
Archwire Market Size, Share And Industry Analysis By Product Type (Nickel Titanium Archwire, Stainless Steel Archwire, Beta Titanium Archwire, and Others), By Application (Hospitals, Clinic, and Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Skin Cancer Market By Product Type (Melanoma, Non-melanoma), By Therapy (Immunotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy), By End-use (Hospitals & Clinics, Cancer Diagnostic Centers, Cancer Research Institutes, Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Angiotensin Receptor Antagonists Market Size, Share and Industry Analysis By Product Type (Telmisartan, Valsartan, Irbesartan, Losartan, Olmesartan, and Azilsartan), By Application (Hypertension, Cardiovascular Diseases, Kidney Diseases, and Others), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Histoplasmosis Treatment Market , By Drug Type (Amphotericin B, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Others), By End-use (Hospital Pharmacies, Private Clinics, Drug Stores, Retail Pharmacies, E-commerce), and By Region Forecast to 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Read Latest Press Release @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-dried-blood-spot-collection-cards-market