Increasing use of peptides in pharmaceutical drugs and rising number of research & development activities are driving market revenue growth
New York, January 14, 2022 – The global peptide synthesis market size is expected to reach USD 516.75 Million in 2028 and register a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data. Major factors driving market revenue growth are development of advanced peptide synthesizers, availability of funding for R&D, rising number of research activities, and increasing use of peptides in pharmaceutical drugs.
Peptides are highly specific and effective signaling molecules that bind to specific cell surface receptors such as G Protein-coupled Receptors (GPCRs) or ion channels, causing intracellular effects. These are an excellent starting point for the development of novel therapeutics due to excellent pharmacological profile and intrinsic properties. In humans, its specificity has been shown to translate into high levels of protection, tolerability, and efficacy.
Peptide therapeutics have a lower processing complexity than protein-based biopharmaceuticals, resulting in lower manufacturing costs that are similar to those of small molecules. As peptides strike a balance between small molecules and biopharmaceuticals, the peptide synthesis market has exhibited rapid growth in terms of revenue.
In addition to conventional peptide design, a number of novel peptide technologies have emerged that reflect various growth opportunities and potential directions in the peptide synthesis industry. Among these are multifunctional and cell penetrating peptides, peptide drug conjugates, and innovations focused on different routes of administration.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4007
Peptides have a wide range of applications, ranging from medicine and biotechnology to therapeutic peptide chemistry, in the last decade. Use of peptides for commercial purposes is also on the rise, which is propelling the peptide synthesis market forward. Lupron, a peptide-based drug used to treat prostate cancer and other diseases, had global sales of more than USD 752 million in 2020, according to AbbVie. In addition, sales for Sanofi’s Lantus reached USD 7 billion in 2017. With approximately 140 peptide drugs in clinical trials and more than 500 therapeutic peptides in preclinical processing, there are currently more than 80 FDA-approved peptide medicines on the market.
Peptide synthesis of today, on the other hand, is primarily focused on legacy technologies that use massive amounts of highly volatile reagents and solvents with little regard for green chemistry and engineering. Lower performance, costly biocatalysts, and lack of validation protocols are some drawbacks of this technology, thereby making peptide production by enzymatic methods difficult.
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- In 2020, reagents segment accounted for the largest revenue share among other products in the peptide synthesis market, owing to increasing application of peptides in therapeutics, drug design, and gene synthesis.
- Solid-phase peptide synthesis segment is expected to register a robust CAGR during the forecast period, owing to ease of operation, simple purification, short development cycles, and high-level automation.
- In 2020, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies segment accounted for the largest revenue share, owing to increasing number of R&D projects in genomics, molecular biology, and related fields.
- North America accounted for the largest revenue share in the global market in 2020. This growth can be attributed to presence of major market players, increased availability of advanced peptide synthesis technologies, as well as growing focus on producing peptide-based drugs on a commercial scale.
- The peptide synthesis market in Asia Pacific is expected to develop at the fastest rate, owing to rising investments by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, as well as increased R&D activities in the region.
- Some major companies in the peptide synthesis market report are Genscript Biotech, Merck KGaA, Aapptec , Bachem Holdings , Anaspec, Biotage , CEM Corporation , Gyros Protein Technologies, Advanced Chemtech, and New England Peptide (NEP).
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/peptide-synthesis-market
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented global peptide synthesis market on the basis of product, technology, end-use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Peptide Synthesizers
- Chromatography equipment
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Solid-phase Peptide Synthesis
- Liquid-phase Peptide Synthesis
- Hybrid & Recombinant Technology
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations
- Academic and Research Institutes
Buy Premium Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-pricing/4007
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018 – 2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Ask for Customize Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4007
Some points on how the report benefits stakeholders:
- The reports include historical (2018–2020) and forecast (2021–2028) data points, revenues, and CAGR in table, figure, and chart formats, with detailed and qualitative, supporting written information for each.
- Revenue break-up is provided for each segment in these formats for global, regional, and for each country in the respective region for each year between 2018 and 2028.
- The report contains insights regarding growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, company profiles, strategic developments, expansion details, product launches, and various other aspects related to the market.
- The report contains data and information on customers, competitors, vendors/distributors, and other players and in the global marketplace.
- Market research analysis is vital for all crucial business strategies and can aid in numerous ways and to provide a clearer understanding about strategies being deployed by competitors, product launches, competitive analysis, technological advancements and various other factors that enhance sales of a firm or perhaps provide insights to focus on merger and acquisition as a strategy or enter into strategic agreements or joint ventures etc.
- The report contains company profiles of the top companies operating in the market along with their respective revenue and operating segments, geographical reach, market footprint, headquarters, growth rates, recent developments, product /services, expansion strategies, investments in expansion, and more.
Explore Latest Trending Research Reports By Reports and Data’s
Hospice Market Size, Share, And Industry Analysis By Type (Acute Care and Respite Care), By Application (Home Settings, Hospitals, Hospice Care Centers, and Specialty Nursing Homes), and By Region Forecast To 2028
Hair Supplements Market By Form (Capsules, Tablets, Pills, Power Gummies, Others), By Ingredient Type (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Biotin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Saw Palmetto Extract, Minerals, Others), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Retail Pharmacies, Online Channels, Others), and By Region, Forecast to 2028
Mobile ECG Monitor Market Size, Share And Industry Analysis By Type (Wearables, Tablets and Smartphone, Portable ECG Receivers, and Others), By Application (Home and Personal, Hospitals and Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers), and By Region Forecast To 2028
Facial Treatment Market , By Product Type (Laser-based Devices, RF Devices, Ultrasound Devices, IPL Devices, LED Devices), By Application (Men, Women), By End-use (Dermatology Clinics, Beauty Clinics), and By Region Forecast to 2028
Bovine Vaccines Market By Product (Anti-rinderpest Serum, FMD Vaccine), By Application (Farms, Government, Laboratory), and By Region Forecast 2028
Oral Thin Films Market By Product (Sublingual Film, Fast Dissolving Oral Film, and Buccal Film), By Disease Indication (Schizophrenia, Migraine, Opioid Dependence, Nausea & Vomiting, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies), By End-Use, And By Region Forecast to 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Read Latest Press Release @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-peptide-synthesis-market