Increasing R&D expenditure by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and development of cell therapy industry are expected drive market growth
Global microcarrier market size is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2028 and register a CAGR of 10.5% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data.
Market revenue growth is driven by key factors such as increasing R&D expenditure by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and rapid developments across cell therapy industry.
Increasing demand for stem cell therapy coupled with rising prevalence of cancer across the globe is projected to drive microcarrier market growth. One of the leading drivers for microcarrier market growth is rising prevalence of diseases where cell therapy can be effectively applied. WHO estimates that the global burden of cancer is predicted to rise to 27.5 million new cases and 16.3 million deaths by 2040. Increasing funding for the biopharmaceutical industry and technological advancements in microcarrier development have also contributed to growth of the market. For instance, researchers from the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Science and Technology (SMART), have developed a novel microcarrier for large-scale cell production and expansion that provides higher yield and cost-effectiveness than conventional methods while reducing the number of steps needed in the cell retrieval process.
Access Free sample PDF Copy of the Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/4003
The newly developed dissolvable gelatin-based microcarrier from SMART has shown to be effective for cell expansion in the treatment of a variety of ailments including bone and cartilage defects as well as body’s rejection of foreign bone marrow and cells (called graft vs. host disease). In addition, the microcarriers’ dissolvability removes the need for a second separation stage to remove the cells from microcarrier. This simplifies cell manufacturing while also improving the ease with which therapeutic cells can be processed for use in patient products. The growing demand for cell therapies will propel the microcarrier market forward.
Various academic institutes and small-scale companies with limited budgets cannot afford to conduct cell biology research as it involves extensive R&D, which demands highest quality of equipment, media, reagents, and other products. Microcarriers are mainly used in stem cell biology, which is a factor expected to restrain market growth. Moreover, the need to comply with strict guidelines by regulatory bodies has driven up the cost of cell biology, thus creating additional challenges for the microcarriers market.
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- The market is segmented into consumables and equipment based on commodity. Among the product segments, consumables accounted for largest share in the global market in 2020.
- The global microcarriers market is segmented based on application into vaccine production, cell therapy, and others. Vaccine production, among the application segments, accounted for largest revenue share in 2020.
- The global microcarriers industry is segmented into pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms, research institutes, and contract research organisations (CROs) based on end-use. In 2020, pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms accounted for largest revenue share.
- Due to increased cell therapy research, the North American microcarriers market is expected to account for the largest revenue share in 2028.
- A similar pattern has been observed in the Asia Pacific region, where research funding has increased in tandem with the region’s increased R&D expenditure.
- Some prominent players in the microcarriers market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Corning, Merck, Sartorius, Danaher Corporation, Becton, Dickinson And Company, Eppendorf Ag, Lonza Group, Getinge Ab, Chemometec, Cesco Bioengineering, Himedia Laboratories, Esco Vaccixcell, Stemcell Technologies, Solida Biotech, Stobbe Pharma, Distek, Celltainer Biotech, G&G Technologies, and Tantti.
Get In detailed Research Study @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/microcarrier-market
Segments Covered in the Report:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global microcarrier market on the basis of product, application, end use, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018–2028)
- Sera/Serum-based Media
- Serum-free Media
- Other Media
- Collagen-coated Microcarriers
- Cationic Microcarriers
- Protein-coated Microcarriers
- Untreated Microcarriers
- Other Microcarriers
- Single-use Bioreactors
- Stainless-steel Bioreactors
- Culture Vessels
- Filtration and Separation Equipment
- Cell Counters
- Other Equipment
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018–2028)
- Biopharmaceutical Production
- Vaccine Production
- Therapeutic Protein Production
- Cell and Gene Therapy
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Other Applications
End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018–2028)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations & Contract Manufacturing Organizations
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Cell Banks
Buy Premium Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-pricing/4003
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2018–2028)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- The Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of The Middle East and Africa
Ask for Customize Research Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4003
Some points on how the report benefits stakeholders:
- The reports include historical (2018–2020) and forecast (2021–2028) data points, revenues, and CAGR in table, figure, and chart formats, with detailed and qualitative, supporting written information for each.
- Revenue break-up is provided for each segment in these formats for global, regional, and for each country in the respective region for each year between 2018 and 2028.
- The report contains insights regarding growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, trends, company profiles, strategic developments, expansion details, product launches, and various other aspects related to the market.
- The report contains data and information on customers, competitors, vendors/distributors, and other players and in the global marketplace.
- Market research analysis is vital for all crucial business strategies and can aid in numerous ways and to provide a clearer understanding about strategies being deployed by competitors, product launches, competitive analysis, technological advancements and various other factors that enhance sales of a firm or perhaps provide insights to focus on merger and acquisition as a strategy or enter into strategic agreements or joint ventures etc.
- The report contains company profiles of the top companies operating in the market along with their respective revenue and operating segments, geographical reach, market footprint, headquarters, growth rates, recent developments, product /services, expansion strategies, investments in expansion, and more.
Explore Latest Trending Research Reports By Reports and Data’s
Cancer Supportive Care Products Market By Indication (Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Liver Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Leukemia, Ovarian Cancer, Melanoma, Others), By Drug Class (Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Anti-infective, Antiemetic Drugs, Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Clinics), and By Region Forecast To 2028
Clostridium Diagnostics Market By Product Type (Molecular Diagnostics, Immunoassays), By Application (Hospitals, Clinics, Independent Laboratories, Others), By Region:
Tracheostomy Tube Market Size, Share And Industry Analysis By Product Type (Tracheostomy Tube, Tracheostomy Ventilation Accessories, and Tracheostomy Clean and Care Kits), By Material (Silicone, Polymer, and Others), By End-use (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Homecare, and Others), By Distribution Channel, By Application Outlook, and By Region Forecast to 2028
Spinal Cord Stimulation Devices Market By Product (Rechargeable, Non-rechargeable), By Application (Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD), Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Failed Back Syndrome (FBS), Arachnoiditis or Lumbar Adhesive Arachnoiditis, Unsuccessful Disk Surgery, Multiple Back Operations), and By Region Forecast to 2028
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Read Latest Press Release @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-microcarrier-market