The size of the global digital PCR and the qPCR market is estimated to be worth USD 6.12 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 8.96% from 2021 to 2026.
With the current pandemic, the growing number of viral infections puts pressure on the healthcare industry. As a result, researchers widely adopt digital PCR techniques to find the drug or biomarker for these viral diseases. Likewise, advances in digital PCR techniques hold great promise for detecting new virus variants like the Omicron, delta, IHU, and other biomarkers. For example, researchers employ digital droplet PCR (ddPCR) in conjunction with molecular biology techniques to discover biomarkers. Therefore, this growing advance and the increasing prevalence of COVID-19 infections offer enormous potential opportunities for the global digital PCR and qPCR market growth.
Factors driving the growth of the global digital PCR and qPCR market include the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases and the growing awareness and acceptance of personalized drugs. Moreover, technological advancements are estimated to drive market growth during the forecast period. According to the WHO, it is estimated that non-communicable diseases account for around 69% of all deaths in emerging economies such as India, China, Brazil, and others. According to UNAIDS, approximately 39.88 million people living with HIV / AIDS worldwide, with an average mortality of 0.77 million. Of these, 1.78 million new cases of HIV infection were reported in 2019. In addition, based on the data collected from WHO, around 10.55 million new cases of tuberculosis were registered worldwide in 2019 and 240 million patients suffered from malaria worldwide in 2019. Other factors such as the growth of the senior population, the increasing incidence of genetic disorders, and the increase in investment and availability of funds for PCR-based research and development contribute to the research community’s growth. According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, India recorded 1.28 million new cancer cases in 2019, making it one of the leading causes of death in India.
Increased funding for R&D activities should offer potential growth opportunities for local and international market players. Advances in digital PCR and qPCR techniques hold great promise for detecting rare cancer biomarkers. Clinical and research applications are estimated to drive the dPCR and qPCR market demand. This is due to the tendency of government and non-government organizations associated with research and the funds it provides for expansion in the range of clinical applications such as blood tests, cancer testing, and other disease diagnostics.
However, factors such as the high costs of the instruments, especially for dPCR, technical limitations of PCR, unavailability of skilled labor to perform PCR, and the consumer preference for cheaper genomic techniques (such as gel electrophoresis and traditional PCR) by researchers and small CROs in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies are challenging the growth of the digital PCR and qPCR market.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to evaluate report usefulness, get a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/digital-pcr-and-real-time-pcr-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Based on the product, the consumables and reagents segment made up most of the market in 2021 due to repeated use and increased acquisition for clinical, research, and other applications. On the other hand, the software and services segment experiences the fastest growth of 9.95% during the given period owing to its wide application in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Based on the technology, quantitative PCR dominated most of the dPCR and qPCR market in 2021, attributed to the increased adoption of qPCR over traditional PCR methods. Meanwhile, the dPCR segment is projected to grow at the fastest CAGR over the studied timeline due to the growing use in clinical research and drug development with absolute detection and reduced reagent consumption.
- Based on the application, the research and forensics segment is expected to lead the global digital PCR and qPCR market during the forecast period.
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnology segment held a significant share of the real-time PCR and digital PCR market based on the end-user. However, hospitals and laboratories will experience the fastest growth due to quicker and more reliable performance.
- Based on the region, North America will dominate the market during the studied market, owing to a developed regional market. The regional market in the United States had an estimated net worth of USD 695 million in 2020, while the Canadian market will grow a CAGR of 6.55% from 2021 to 2026.
- However, the Asia-Pacific region is estimated to grow at a faster CAGR due to rapidly developing economies, increasing aging population, and increased incidence of genetic diseases, among other factors. China is estimated to reach market size projected to be worth USD 920 million by 2026 with a CAGR of 10.95% during the analysis period.
The report can be customized as per the requirements; talk to our team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/digital-pcr-and-real-time-pcr-market/customization
- Consumables & Reagents
- Quantitative PCR
- Digital PCR
- Blood Testing
- Pathogen Detection
- Research & Forensics
By End User:
- Research & Forensic Centers
- Pharmaceutical & Bio-Technological Firms
- Academic Institutions
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa