Urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the most prevalent health issues in most people. UTI is more common in women as compared to men, as women face health complications such as menopause, pregnancy, and certain side effects of birth control measures. However, on a global level, the urinary tract infection treatment market is challenged, as individuals are hesitant to consult doctors and healthcare providers for appropriate diagnosis.
Ongoing research and development activities in the urinary tract infection treatment market suggest the predictive factors of multidrug-resistant gram-negative bacteria in hospitalized patients suffering from complicated urinary tract infection (cUTI). Stakeholders are using the mixed-effects logistic regression model to study the symptoms in patients. Results show that, the antibiotic resistance for gram-negative bacteria is high in patients suffering from cUTI. Thus, appropriate diagnosis with healthcare providers and active enforcement of antibiotic stewardship policies will reduce the incidences of multi-drug antibiotic abstinence in patients for the treatment for complicated urinary tract infection.
Market Players to Increase Awareness about Statutory Usage of Catheters
Patients with renal diseases are more susceptible to the risk of being exposed to urinary tract infection, due to long stays in the hospital, non-sanitized urinary catheters, and manipulations caused during urological treatment. As a result, healthcare providers in the urinary tract infection treatment market need to broaden the monitoring measures for patients, post-hospitalization, to reduce the incidences of urinary tract infection. Market players can create awareness in patients to carefully use urinary catheters and avoid unnecessary catheterization in patients.
On the other hand, healthcare providers are encountering increased incidences of community-acquired urinary tract infection caused by the escherichia coli (E. Coli) pathogen due to antibiotic resistance in patients. Thus, stakeholders in the urinary tract infection treatment market must cater to the growing need for effective antibiotic medication for UTI caused due to the E. Coli pathogen.
Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=72872
Smartphone Apps and Instant Urine Cultures Serve as Cost-effective Remedies in UTI Treatment
Stakeholders in the UTI treatment market are developing new smartphone apps designed for women. These apps are created by on-boarding several doctors and pharmacies. With the growing influx of digitization in the healthcare industry, stakeholders can eliminate the issue of long-queue appointments with general practitioners for individuals. With effective diagnosis from doctors through the app, doctors can prescribe the right medication for the treatment of urinary tract infection, and pharmacists can supply home-testing kits and other medicinal antibiotics on demand. This digitization phenomena has created a win-win situation for stakeholders and healthcare providers, as well as pharmacists.
One of the biggest challenges that stakeholders operating in the urinary tract infection treatment market are facing is the antibiotic resistance for the treatment of urinary tract infection, even in healthy individuals with strong immune systems. As such, they are tackling the issue of antibiotic resistance with high-end antibiotics. Players operating in the urinary tract infection treatment market are also developing cost-effective solutions such as instant urine cultures to assess the resistance levels of individuals for antibiotics. For instance, in November 2018, Allergan — a leading pharmaceutical company, announced the launch of the FDA accepted supplemental drug ? AVYCAZ, for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI) and complicated intra-abdominal infections, for patients between the age group of 3 months to 18 years.
Analysts’ Viewpoint on the UTI Treatment Market
Analysts of the urinary tract infection treatment market portray a promising future for stakeholders during the forecast period of 2019-2027. Market players need to focus on innovating treatment options for urinary tract infection catering to complicated urinary tract infection, as currently cUTI accounts for ~82% of the market value share. Manufacturers in the UTI treatment market can build strategic tie-ups with hospital pharmacists, as they dominate the market value share, amounting to ~47%, though, retail pharmacists will have high growth potential in the coming years. Market players are challenged with high antibiotic resistance in UTI patients. This challenge can be overcome with increased offerings for at-home instant urine culture tests and the development of smartphone apps.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global urinary tract infection treatment market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, rise in the awareness about urinary tract infection among women and increase in the adoption of new diagnostic tests are projected to boost the growth of the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
- According to the report, the global urinary tract infection treatment market was valued at ~US$ 5.9 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~3% from 2019 to 2027.
Buy this 273 Pages Premium Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=72872<ype=S
Rise in Prevalence of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): A Key Driver
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the chronic diseases associated with the bladder, urethra, ureter, and kidneys. Over-reliance and high consumption of antibiotics are likely to increase antibiotic resistance in most UTI causing pathogens. This is projected to increase the prevalence of UTI in the near future.
- According to the Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program: Hematology/Oncology, in the U.S., around 60% women have symptomatic UTI during their lifetime, and around 10% women have one or more than one UTI episodes each year.
- According to the National Institute for Health Research, an estimated 92 million people contracted urinary tract infection across the globe in 2013.
- Most urinary tract infections are caused due to the presence of E. coli. According to a study published in the International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research, approximately 37.4% of UTIs were caused due to E. coli during 2016–2017.
Development of New Antibiotics and Advancements in Diagnosis of UTI
- Key market players in the urinary tract infection treatment market focus on the development of new antibiotics for the treatment of urinary tract infections. In July 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the antibacterial drug – Recarbrio – for the treatment of complicated UTI and complicated intra-abdominal infection in adults.
- In June 2018, Achaogen, Inc. received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for ZEMDRI, for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infection in adults.
- Biosensor is an advanced platform for the diagnosis of urinary tract infection. Biosensors can be integrated with microfluidic technology for point-of-care applications to improve UTI diagnosis.
- New assays such as flow cytometry, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, fluorescence in situ hybridization, and multiplex PCR also help improve the diagnosis of urinary tract infections.
Introduction of Generic Drugs Restrains Market
- The launch of new generic products in the market is a major factor hampering the growth of the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
- In June 2018, Aurobindo Pharma received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for the manufacturing and marketing of the generic Entrapenem injection. It is a generic version of Invanz offered by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- In July 2018, Lupin received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for generic Nitrofurantoin Capsules. It is a generic version of Macrodantin offered by Alvogen Malta Operations Ltd. It is used in the treatment of UTI that occurs due to Staphylococcus aureus, enterococci, and others.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=72872
Global Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global urinary tract infection treatment market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments.
- The urinary tract infection treatment market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of a few large-scale players present in international markets and numerous small-scale players in regional markets. The top 4 to 5 players hold a majority share of the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
Prominent players operating in the urinary tract infection treatment market include
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Janssen Global Services, LLC
- Lupin Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc
- (Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp)
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Almirall, S.A
Global Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global urinary tract infection treatment market engage in new product development and approvals, key mergers & acquisitions, and collaborations. These strategies by industry players are likely to augment the global urinary tract infection treatment market. Some developments in the global urinary tract infection treatment market are as follows:
- In March 2019, Allergan received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for the supplemental New Drug Application for AVYCAZ to expand the label to include pediatric patients three months and older, for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infection (cUTI) and complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI). This is the first FDA approval for cUTI and cIAI for pediatric patients.
- In August 2016, Pfizer, Inc. entered into an agreement with AstraZeneca to acquire the development and commercialization rights to its anti-infectives business. This acquisition enabled the company to expand and broaden its access to the anti-infective product portfolio. Moreover, the acquisition strengthened Pfizer, Inc.’s essential health business segment.
- In October 2016, Fimbrion Therapeutics, Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline plc entered into a collaboration to develop a small molecule drug for the treatment and prevention of urinary tract infection.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=72872
In the global urinary tract infection treatment market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers of urinary tract infection products. The ‘Competitive Landscape’ section is included in the market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of the key players operating in the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
Transparency Market Research
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453