- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global digital pathology market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rising awareness about digital pathology and increase in demand for advanced technology are the factors likely to boost the growth of digital pathology market. Moreover, high incidence and prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases is poised to escalate the growth of digital pathology market.
- According to the report, the global digital pathology market was valued at US$ 0.38 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of over 12.0% from 2019 to 2027.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Rise in Focus on Research & Development and Increase in Prevalence of Cancer: Key Drivers of Global Digital Pathology Market
- Cancer is emerging as crucial public health problem worldwide and it is unconquered. World Health Organization states that, in 2018, estimated 9.6 million deaths and 18.1 million new cases of cancer were recorded globally.
- There is an increase in the number of cancer cases due to growing elderly population globally coupled with unhealthy lifestyles. According to Cancer Facts & Figures 2019, estimated number of older adults, aged 85 years and above was 6.4 million in 2016 and it is expected to reach 19.0 million by 2060. In 2019, 1,944,280 adults aged 85 and older were alive with a history of cancer.
- Breast, lung and prostate cancers are the most frequently diagnosed types of cancer in industrialized countries such as the U.S., U.K. and Japan. Hence, increasing incidences of cancer accentuates the uptake of digital pathology systems market during the study period. This in turn is projected to boost the growth of global digital pathology market.
- Preclinical studies using animal model and clinical trials play an important role assessing the safety and efficacy of the drugs. Digital pathology aids in minimizing the error rate, storage of the drug data, also the integration of the data in electronic health records (EHRs), and evaluation of the patient’s response to a particular drug etc.
- Rising focus on research and development for drug development and drug discoveries is leading to surge in number of clinical and preclinical trials which is augmenting the growth of global digital pathology market. Furthermore, rise in number of research conducted in academics and research institutes is likely to augment the growth of market.
Technological Advancements Propel Global Digital Pathology Market Growth
- Manual interpretation of tissue slides for disease diagnosis purpose is costly and labor extensive that increases error and inconsistency in the diagnostic result and it increases the risk of diagnostic failure and impedes decision making process.
- Technological advancements in digital pathology helps to overcome limitation as these systems provide efficient and effective results of diagnostic tests.
- Moreover, digital pathology systems can analyze large array of slides within short duration without any diagnostic error. These factors collectively account for the global market demand of digital pathology systems during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
High Cost of the System to Hamper Global Digital Pathology Market
- High cost associated with technologically advanced digital pathology system is expected to restrain the growth of digital pathology market. For instance, the average cost of the digital pathology systems for telepathology and whole slide imaging is between US$ 30 000 and US$ 300 000, which can be unaffordable for many low resource environment in developing countries
- In addition to the cost, the digital pathology systems require costly infrastructure such as larger memory to store data, thereby restricting the usage of digital pathology system this is leading to restraining the growth of global digital pathology market
Stringent Regulations to Restrain Global Digital Pathology Market
- Slide scanners and whole slide imaging devices are involved in the digital pathology systems for diagnostic purpose and these devices require the regulatory approval before commercialization.
- In addition, in the U.S. market, clinical laboratories have to meet the criteria and standards of Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and College of American Pathologist (CAP) pertaining to the utilization of digital pathology.
- Few CLIA regulations are required to be considered for implementing a digital pathology system for diagnosis purpose such as Section 493.1251 (procedure manual), Section 493.1252 (test systems, equipment, instruments) and Section 493.1253 (establishment and verification of performance).
- Such regulations imposed by agencies such as FDA, CLIA and CAP on digital pathology systems, manufacturers experience a tough phase throughout the approval process and commercialization of their products, which restrains the growth of the global digital pathology market.
Buy this Premium Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=1540<ype=S
Global Digital Pathology Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global digital pathology market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments.
- The global digital pathology market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players.
- Leading players operating in the global digital pathology market are
- Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc
- OLYMPUS CORPORATION
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Mikroscan Technologies, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Sectra AB and Inspirata
Global Digital Pathology Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global digital pathology market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global digital pathology market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global digital pathology market are:
- In February 2019, Neuberg Diagnostics and OptraSCAN Inc. announced the launch of Global TELEPath Network for the pathologist community in UAE, India and South Africa under a new joint venture namely Neuberg DIGIPATH. This is enabled to increase focus on providing advanced and affordable digital pathology solutions.
- In March 2018, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd announced the launch of VENTANA DP 200 slide scanner for digital pathology. The slide scanner is high speed and produces images with high image quality. The launch of the product will broaden the product portfolio of the company and strengthen its position in digital pathology market.
- In January 2018, Inspirata announced that it has acquired the company Omnyx from GE healthcare. The acquisition of the company will ensure that Inspirata has the one of the most comprehensive digital pathology solution work flow
The report on the global digital pathology market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of digital pathology. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global digital pathology market.
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453