CMI published a business research report on “U.S. Opioids Market: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecasts 2020–2025”. U.S. Opioids with 100+ market data Tables, Pie Chat, Graphs & Figures spread through Pages and easy to understand detailed analysis. The information is gathered based on modern floats and requests identified with the administrations and items.
U.S. Opioids Market report includes historic data, present market trends, environment, technological innovation, upcoming technologies and the technical progress in the related industry. U.S. Opioids Market offers complete, proficient report delivering market research data that is relevant for new market entrants or set up players. Key strategies of the companies operating in the market and their impact analysis have been included in the report.
U.S. Opioids Market, By Drugs (Codeine, Fentanyl, Meperidine, Methadone, Morphine, and Hydrocodone) and Therapeutic Application (Pain Management (Neuropathic Pain, Migraine, Back Pain, Osteoarthritis Pain, Cancer Pain, and Others), Cough Treatment and Diarrhea Treatment) was valued at US$ 12,627.6 million in 2016 and is expected to exhibit CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period (2016–2024).
The increasing incidence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases in developed countries such as U.S., easy accessibility and low cost of opioids pain killers compared to other pain killers such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and acetaminophen are the major factors driving the growth of the U.S. opioids market. Strict regulatory guidelines on opioids prescriptions and the rising awareness about harmful effects of the drug are likely to hamper the growth of the market. In October 2017, the government of U.S. declared the opioid crisis as a public health emergency. This declaration has increased awareness about overuse or abuse of the drug and has led doctors to reduce over-prescription of the opioids drug. Moreover, attorney generals of more than 35 U.S. states sent a letter to America’s Health Insurance Plans, a national association whose members provide coverage for health care and related services, urging its members to reconsider coverage policies that may be fueling the growth of the opioid crisis. Due to low cost of opioids compared to other painkillers such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and acetaminophen, the insurance company has covered opioids (except costly ones) which resulted in limited access to costly painkillers. The attorney generals have sent a letter to modify this coverage policy so that all painkillers have equal access.
The growing focus on opioids drug has led pharmacy chains such as CVS to cooperate with the government in managing this crisis. CVS health has announced plans to reduce opioid prescription and provided detailed guidelines for its use. One such steps is that their chemists are expected to contact doctors in case of over prescription of drug.
Browse 11 Market Data Tables and 19 Figures spread through 132 Pages and in-depth TOC on U.S. Opioids Market by Drugs (Codeine, Fentanyl, Meperidine, Methadone, Morphine and Hydrocodone) and Therapeutic Application (Pain Management (Neuropathic Pain, Migraine, Back Pain, Osteoarthritis Pain, Cancer Pain, Others), Cough Treatment and Diarrhea Treatment).
According to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), a division of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, (CDC) in 2017, drug overdose killed around 64,070 people in the U.S. Over 52,898 drug overdose deaths were recorded in 2015 and death due to synthetic-opioid fatalities more than doubled in number from 9,945 during 2015 to 2016, to 20,145 between 2016 and 2017. The same source has estimated that opioid overdose resulted in the deaths of approximately 300,000 people in the U.S. during 1999 – 2015. The CDC figure also shows that the rate of increase in deaths from synthetic opioid was much higher than natural or semi-synthetic opioids during 1999 – 2015. According to the CDC report, in 2016, nearly half of all opioid overdose deaths involved prescription opioids.
Key Takeaways of the U.S. Opioids Market:
- The U.S. opioids market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period (2017 – 2025) owing to the rising incidence of chronic pain.
- Opioid overuse or abuse, which is contributing significantly to this market expansion, has become a major concern for the U.S. economy.
- Alternative drugs such as cannabis have gained significant demand in pain management. If proven effective and safe, cannabis has potential to replace opioids.
- The use of medical cannabis has been endorsed by numerous professional organizations in the U.S. including the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the American Public Health Association (APHA), and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- Pressure is mounting on leading pharmacy chain, such as CVS to act positively to limit the opioid drug prescription.
- Key companies covered in the global U.S. opioids market report are Purdue Pharma L.P., Titan Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi S.A., Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries Limited, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Egalet Corporation, Endo Pharmaceuticals plc., Allergan, Plc., and Pfizer Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
• Current and future of global U.S. Opioids market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
• The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
• Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
• The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Buy Now this Premium Report to Grow your Business: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/1048
Major Point Answered in U.S. Opioids Market Research Study are: –
• What will the market growth rate, Overview and Analysis by Type of U.S. Opioids market in 2026?
• What are the key factors driving, Analysis by Applications and Countries U.S. Opioids market?
• What are Dynamics, This Overview Includes Analysis of Scope, and price analysis of top Manufacturers Profiles of U.S. Opioids market?
• Who are Opportunities, Risk and Driving Force of U.S. Opioids market? Knows Upstream Raw Materials Sourcing and Downstream Buyers
• Who are the key vendors in U.S. Opioids market space? Business Overview by Type, Applications, Gross Margin and Market Share
• What are the U.S. Opioids market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the market?
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients to achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having an office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in the United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 150 countries worldwide. We pride ourselves in catering to clients across the length and width of the horizon, from Fortune 500 enlisted companies to not-for-profit organizations, and startups looking to establish a foothold in the market. We excel in offering unmatched actionable market intelligence across various industry verticals, including chemicals and materials, healthcare, and food & beverages, consumer goods, packaging, semiconductors, software and services, Telecom, and Automotive. We offer syndicated market intelligence reports, customized research solutions, and consulting services.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.
United States of America: +1-206-701-6702
United Kingdom: +44-020-8133-4027