Diseases caused by changes in the normal DNA sequence are known as genetic abnormalities. Mutations, which may exist in one or more chromosomes, are the result of these modifications. An individual has two sets of chromosomes, one from each parent. The carrier is the one who carries the mutant gene for the genetic disease. If both parents have the gene linked to a genetic disease, the infant has a 25 percent chance of inheriting the condition. If only one parent has the mutated gene, the infant has a 50 percent risk of inheriting the mutated gene.
Carrier screening is a procedure that determines the likelihood of raising a child with a genetic disorder. Carrier screening decides whether or not a stable individual possesses the recessive gene for genetic disorders like cystic fibrosis and sickle cell anemia, among others.
Request a sample copy of help grow your business @
During the forecast period, the global carrier screening market is expected to be driven by increased mergers, alliances, and acquisitions by market players. Counsyl, Inc., extended its partnership with Angsana Molecular & Diagnostics Laboratory, a global laboratory services provider, in July 2017 to commercialize the ECS (expanded carrier screening) test in Hong Kong. In addition, Myriad Genetics, Inc. purchased Counsyl, Inc. in July 2018. Myriad Genetics, Inc.’s genetic test collection is set to be strengthened as a result of the purchase.
Furthermore, over the forecast period, numerous releases and approvals of new carrier screening tests are expected to drive growth of the global carrier screening market. Invitae Corporation announced the introduction of Invitae Carrier Screen in June 2018, which is a test developed for improved risk assessment to ascertain the likelihood of a genetic disorder in a fetus.
Due to product approvals and the introduction of new carrier screening tests in the country, North America had the largest market share in 2018. Sema4 announced the launch of Expanded Carrier Screen in October 2019, a test that calculates a child’s chance of inheriting a genetic disease.
The carrier screening market in Europe is also booming due to the emergence and acceptance of new screening tests in this region. The QIAseq Expanded Carrier Screening Panel was unveiled in June 2019 by QIAGEN, a German supplier of sample and assay technologies for molecular diagnostics. The QIAseq database contains information on the targets and genes that are linked to 200 different diseases.
Get PDF Brochure of help grow your business @
Major companies contributing in the global carrier screening market are Gene by Gene, CENTOGENE Sema4, Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Invitae Corporation, Medgenome, Luminex Corporation, Quest Diagnostics, Eurofins Scientific, Fulgent Genetics, Myriad Genetics, Inc., N.V., and QIAGEN.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Carrier Screening market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Buy This Complete A Business Report With Flat US $2000 Off @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/promo/buynow/3500
Important Features and Key Highlights of the Market:-
- Detailed overview of market application and advantages.
- Understand the technologies support, Solution, Services. Understand the evaluation of dynamic growth.
- The in-depth market information of competitors, revenue, and cost structure.
- Strategies of key players, the competitive landscape.
- Historical data, current trend, and market volume and value.
- Industry restrains drivers and opportunities.
- product Development and offerings Key insights.
- Potential Application covers extensive analysis of emerging trends
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will the market size be in 2028 and at what rate will it grow?
- What are the Major growth driving factors for the global Carrier Screening market during the forecast period?
- What are the trends in the global Carrier Screening market?
- What are the key factors hampering the growth of the global Carrier Screening market?
- Which are the key players forming the competitive landscape?
- What is the current market size?
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients to achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having an office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in the United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 150 countries worldwide. We pride ourselves in catering to clients across the length and width of the horizon, from Fortune 500 enlisted companies to not-for-profit organizations, and startups looking to establish a foothold in the market. We excel in offering unmatched actionable market intelligence across various industry verticals, including chemicals and materials, healthcare, and food & beverages, consumer goods, packaging, semiconductors, software and services, Telecom, and Automotive. We offer syndicated market intelligence reports, customized research solutions, and consulting services.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.
United States of America: +1-206-701-6702
United Kingdom: +44-020-8133-4027