Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is a malignancy that affects the blood and bone marrow. Increased production of immature white blood cells, also known as lymphoblast, is a symptom of the disease. Immature or aberrant cells are unable to operate correctly and form a protective layer surrounding healthy cells. The brain tissue is unable to generate appropriate amounts of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets, individuals with ALL are particularly vulnerable to recurrent infections, anemia, bleeding, and bruising. If not treated within a few months, the cancer has a high rate of progression and can be deadly.
According to the lymphocyte or white blood cell that has changed into a malignant cell, the World Health Organization (WHO) has categorized ALL into three sub-types. Adults are more prone to develop precursor B cell ALL, while mature B cell ALL is recognized by specific genetic alterations. Precursor T cell ALL usually affects young people and is more prevalent in males.
Request a sample copy of help grow your business @
A key driver propelling the global acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapeutics market expansion is the increased prevalence of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children, as well as the growing connection of the illness with genetic abnormalities such as Down syndrome. ALL accounts for 80% of juvenile leukemia, according to Healthline Media UK Ltd., and is the most prevalent kind of malignancy and leukemia in children under 5 years of age than in adults. Factors such as prenatal exposure to chemicals like benzene and radiations such as X-rays are predicted to enhance the chance of developing ALL, which will drive the need for treatment with different therapies. As a result, the market is projected to increase as a result of this.
The global acute lymphoblastic lymphoma market is projected to increase as more new therapies, such as immune cell gene therapy, are approved to treat the disease.
Several private and public organizations are conducting substantial research in order to discover innovative medicines, which is projected to drive market growth over the forecast period. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) has invested over $1.2 billion in a cutting-edge study aimed at finding a cure for blood cancer. LLS also strives to improve the lives of patients by offering free information and assistance.
Treatment costs are greater, and CAR-T cell therapy has side effects, which are limiting the global acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapeutics market’s growth. According to a February 2018 study published in the American Journal of Managed Care (AJMC), the first treatment cost for Novartis AG’s licensed CAR-T cell treatments is about US$ 475,000 per patient.
Due to the increasing incidence of the disease and the increasing number of clinical trials conducted by organizations in the region to address unmet medical needs of patients, North America is expected to dominate the global acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapeutics market during the forecast period. According to the American Cancer Society, in 2016, there were a projected 5,970 new ALL diagnosis and 1,440 ALL deaths. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia affects around 3,000 individuals under the age of 20 in the U. S. every year, according to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in the United States is working to improve the outcomes of children with leukemia by clinical trials to find new treatments. ALLR18 studies for pediatric relapsed or refractory precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia began in 2012 at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Get PDF Brochure of help grow your business @
CAR-T cell treatments are being introduced into the market through strategic collaborations, which is likely to improve clinical results for ALL patients. Pfizer, Inc. and Collectis teamed together in 2014 to explore new CAR-T immunotherapies. In 2016, the firms started a clinical development study for UCART19, which is for children with relapsed or refractory B-ALL.
Major companies contributing in the global acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapeutics market are Talon Therapeutic, Inc., ERYTECH Pharma, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Genzyme Corporation, Pfizer Inc., Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Celgene Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Biogen Idec, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapeutics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Buy This Complete A Business Report With Flat US $2000 Off @
Important Features and Key Highlights of the Market:-
- Detailed overview of market application and advantages.
- Understand the technologies support, Solution, Services. Understand the evaluation of dynamic growth.
- The in-depth market information of competitors, revenue, and cost structure.
- Strategies of key players, the competitive landscape.
- Historical data, current trend, and market volume and value.
- Industry restrains drivers and opportunities.
- product Development and offerings Key insights.
- Potential Application covers extensive analysis of emerging trends
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will the market size be in 2028 and at what rate will it grow?
- What are the Major growth driving factors for the global Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapeutics market during the forecast period?
- What are the trends in the global Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapeutics market?
- What are the key factors hampering the growth of the global Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapeutics market?
- Which are the key players forming the competitive landscape?
- What is the current market size?
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients to achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having an office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in the United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 150 countries worldwide. We pride ourselves in catering to clients across the length and width of the horizon, from Fortune 500 enlisted companies to not-for-profit organizations, and startups looking to establish a foothold in the market. We excel in offering unmatched actionable market intelligence across various industry verticals, including chemicals and materials, healthcare, and food & beverages, consumer goods, packaging, semiconductors, software and services, Telecom, and Automotive. We offer syndicated market intelligence reports, customized research solutions, and consulting services.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.
United States of America: +1-206-701-6702
United Kingdom: +44-020-8133-4027