Global Autoinjectors Market Size & CAGR (2021 to 2026)
According to our analysis, the global autoinjectors market was estimated at USD 3.12 billion in 2021 and would reach USD 6.92 billion by the end of 2026, rising at CAGR 16.85% over the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the global autoinjectors market:
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a global healthcare crisis, resulting in a shift in healthcare delivery in most regions. The non-essential surgeries in-hospital were postponed in the first half of 2020 slow the virus transmission and decrease the health infrastructure strain. According to Indiana University researchers, healthcare visits declined by roughly 40% in the first six weeks of the epidemic in the United States, from early March to mid-April. Following the relaxation of constraints, there has been a general decrease in patients postponing seeking care and treatment in healthcare facilities. Furthermore, the slowdown in clinical trial enrolment has pushed back the introduction of novel therapies. These considerations may have harmed the autoinjectors market, particularly with its use in healthcare institutions beginning in early 2020.
However, the pandemic’s overall impact on autoinjectors is considered positive due to various circumstances, particularly in the projection timeframe. The demand for effective home care and remote monitoring has enhanced the importance of autoinjectors in allowing patients to conveniently and efficiently manage chronic illnesses and allergies without visiting the hospital. This has been notably true for diabetics, Crohn’s disease patients, and rheumatoid arthritis patients who rely on prefilled syringes and autoinjectors to manage their conditions at home. In conclusion, the COVID-19 epidemic has accelerated the trend of self-injection, allowing patients to be more involved and in charge of their treatment. This tendency has been aided by newer technology in the autoinjectors market, providing improved regulation of injection speed, injection site pain, and treat anxiety.
Browse full details of the report @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/autoinjectors-market
KEY DRIVING FACTORS:
The rising incidence of anaphylaxis is driving the global autoinjectors industry growth.
Anaphylaxis-like events occur in 1 in 1,000 people, according to NICE research. In addition, anaphylaxis occurs in 1 in 10,000–20,000 anesthetics during general anesthesia. Therefore, these individuals may be denied general anesthesia in the future. Anaphylaxis epidemiology studies have found an annual incidence rate of 1.5–50 per 100,000 person-years. However, most reports come from Western countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. According to the European Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, the global incidence of anaphylaxis in children ranging from 1 to 761 per 100,000 person-years for overall anaphylaxis and 1 to 77 per 100,000 person-years for food-related anaphylaxis.
Factors considered for autoinjector improvement include safety cap removal force, needle activation force, override power, ejection dosage, needle length, ejection time, dose setting, and auditory click detection. Such technological improvements are projected to increase the popularity of autoinjectors significantly in the future years.
The need to limit patient visits and physical contact is likely to boost autoinjector’s market growth.
The present COVID-19 epidemic has led to the development of a new set of protocols to reduce non-emergency patient visits to hospitals and clinics to limit virus transmission and ensure healthcare institutions are not overburdened. In this case, individuals suffering from chronic illnesses and allergies have a preference for home-use autoinjectors. This also shields sensitive high-risk populations from viral contamination during hospital visits. In addition, autoinjectors are being developed to provide higher medication viscosity and concentrations, reducing administration frequency and boosting adherence to established drug regimes. In the current COVID-19 context, these elements create an opportunity for the autoinjectors market to flourish.
Alternative drug delivery methods are acting as a restrain for the global autoinjectors market growth.
Traditional injectables with vials and syringes are invasive and painful forms of drug delivery. Thus, patients and caregivers are increasingly focusing on oral, topical, and nasal methods. The most general approach is the oral route since it is straightforward, practical, economical, safe, and acceptable—Furthermore, the introduction of needle-free drug delivery technologies, such as jet injectors, limits market growth. Antares Pharma, for example, provides jet injectors to deliver growth hormone throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and Japan. According to advanced nursing, most children have a needle phobia, with prevalence estimates ranging from 20–50 percent in teenagers and 20–30 percent in young adults. Furthermore, almost 45 percent of RA patients expressed needle fear. Because patients with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and growth hormone deficiency, among other conditions, require weekly injection therapy with autoinjectors, needle phobia is a significant impediment to market expansion.
Avail sample market brochure of the report to understand report usefulness, ask a copy @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/autoinjectors-market/request-sample
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Based on the product, the prefilled autoinjectors segment dominated with a revenue share of around 62.6% of the overall market in 2020. The advantages of prefilled autoinjectors over traditional injections, significant advancements have resulted in the development of fully automatic injectors that provide greater patient convenience.
- Based on the usability, the disposable autoinjectors segment is estimated to account for a reasonable share, expanding at a CAGR of over 16.84% from 2021 to 2026. Disposable autoinjectors are the most commonly used autoinjectors due to their convenience and the availability of a built-in glass syringe (which eliminates the need to load the glass syringe manually), making it more comfortable for patients with limited dexterity or vision impairments.
- Based on the application, the rheumatoid arthritis segment dominated with a revenue share of around 45.6% of the overall market in 2020. This segment’s huge proportion is primarily due to its significant prevalence. The rising prevalence of RA drives the demand for autoinjectors in this therapy category. According to the CDC, an estimated 43.7 million persons (22.7 percent of the total population) in the United States have arthritis, RA, gout, lupus, or fibromyalgia each year.
- Geographically, Asia-Pacific is projected to record the fastest growth, registering a CAGR of around 18.5% from 2021 to 2026. The Asia Pacific market’s growth is being driven primarily by the region’s high diabetic population and rising healthcare expenditure, which has attracted many significant autoinjector device manufacturers. These corporations are expanding their position in the Asia Pacific market through various means, including establishing sales offices and collaborations with local pharmaceutical companies.
- The majority of the share is being taken by the key players such as Mylan N.V., Pfizer, Inc., Bayer AG, Becton, Dickinson and Company, and Novartis AG.
The report can be customized as per requirements; talk to our analyst team @ https://www.marketdataforecast.com/market-reports/autoinjectors-market/customization
Recent Market Developments:
- In August 2020, Antares Pharma (US) had entered into a partnership with Lunatus Global Medical Supplies (Dubai). Antares will supply packaged products to Lunatus under this arrangement. In addition, Lunatus will submit and get regulatory permission for XYOSTED in the UAE and Saudi Arabia and promote, market, and distribute XYOSTED in these two countries.
- In March 2020, Weibel CDS was bought by SHL Medical (Switzerland) (Switzerland). The goal of this acquisition was to increase SHL Medical’s ability to develop more advanced medication delivery systems based on human-centered designs and functionality.
- In January 2020, Eli Lilly spent USD 470 million in Durham, NC, and produced over 460 new jobs. In addition, modern pharmaceutical facilities have been added to North Carolina’s research triangle park due to this expansion.
SEGMENTS COVERED IN THIS REPORT:
- Fillable Autoinjectors
- Prefilled Autoinjectors
- Disposable Autoinjectors
- Reusable Autoinjectors
By Manufacturing Design:
- Standardized Autoinjectors
- Customized Autoinjectors
- Automated Autoinjectors
- Manual Autoinjectors
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
KEY MARKET LEADERS PROFILED IN THIS REPORT:
- Mylan N.V.
- Pfizer, Inc.,
- Bayer AG
- Becton, Dickinson, and Company
- Novartis AG
- Biogen Idec, Inc.,
- Janssen Global Services
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Unilife Corporation
BROWSE REGIONAL REPORTS:
- North America Autoinjectors Market
- Europe Autoinjectors Market
- APAC Autoinjectors Market
- Latin America Autoinjectors Market
- MEA Autoinjectors Market
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in market research, business intelligence, and consulting. We have rich research and consulting experience for various business domains to cater to individual and corporate clients’ needs.
Market Data Forecast