SEATTLE, July 05, 2021, (MEDGADGET) — Global Optical Imaging Market
Optical imaging is an emerging, non-invasive technique used for capturing images of the internal parts of the body. Visible light and photons are integrated to take the complete images of internal organs and tissues, including cells and molecules. Optical imaging uses certain properties of photons, such as absorption, scattering, and the spectra of light measures, and perceives the properties of organs and soft tissues. Although, the optical imaging technology is currently in its initial phase of development, a wide range of technological advantages are offered by the current imaging technologies. The images are referred to by doctors for the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases, and by scientists for carrying out diverse research work. Optical imaging has proved to be highly efficient and harmless, in comparison to MRI and X-ray that use ionizing radiation for imaging.
Get Sample PDF Brochure with Impact of COVID19: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/439
Growing awareness about the non-invasive technology is expected to boost the growth of the global optical imaging market
According to a survey conducted by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2012, the number of people above 65 years of age has grown significantly over the recent years. The key factors contributing to the growth of the optical imaging market are high prevalence of neurological and ophthalmologic disorders, increase in R&D activities in the life sciences sector, preclinical research, and rising demand for radiation-free imaging modalities in drug discovery processes. Moreover, the provision to acquire in-depth images of complex components of eyes, surface tissues, membranes vascular systems, and the gastrointestinal tract is driving the growth of the global optical imaging market. Furthermore, a vast application scope of the advanced optical imaging products, and patient safety and comfort are other factors driving the global market growth. The rapid development of the global optical imaging market can be further attributed to the use of non-ionizing radiations that reduce the harmful radiations patients are exposed to.
Development in healthcare infrastructure and rising prevalence of chronic diseases are projected to propel the North America optical imaging market growth
North America dominates the global optical imaging industry as the high usage of the optical imaging technologies in applications like oncology, dentistry and dermatology. It also comprises of huge geriatric population suffering from disorders that require optical imaging devices, which in turn will contribute towards the growth of optical imaging market. According to the National Institute of Ageing in 2015, 524 million people were aged 65 or older in 2010 and by 2050 it is estimated to nearly triple to about 1.5 billion, which will represent 16 percent of the world’s population. The key factors accountable for the rapid growth of the Asia Pacific optical imaging market are the presence of a high patient population suffering from various disorders, and a high prevalence of chronic diseases. Surging healthcare awareness, development of healthcare infrastructure, growing purchase power are other significant factors likely to fuel the growth of global optical imaging market.
Tailored Information as per niche requirement:
LIMITED TIME OFFER – Hurry Up!
Exclusive offer!!! Purchase the report at a discounted rate!!!
Get Discount For Buyers UPTO 30% OFF On Any Research Report
Buy Now with Discount for Premium Report 2021: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/promo/buynow/439
Global Optical Imaging Market – Key Players & Significant Developments
The key players operating in the optical imaging market are Abbott, Bioptigen Inc., Topcon Medical systems Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Heidelberg Engineering, Inc., Santec Corporation, Headwall Photonics Inc., AGFA Healthcare, Headwall Photonics Inc., and Optovue Inc.
- In May 2019, Santec Corporation, manufacturer of optical components and OCT systems, announced the collaboration with Alcon Inc. Under the collaboration, Santec’s product ARGOS diagnostic testing is planned to integrate with Alcon’s Cataract Refractive Suite Technologies. Additionally, Alcon was responsible for global distribution of ARGOS biometer.
- In May 2019, Santec Corporation received U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its advanced version of SS-OCT biometer ARGOS used to measure eye parameters for patients before cataract surgery.
- In April 2018, Abbott initiated (ILUMIEN IV) the clinical studies for comparative evaluation of long term effects on patients who undergone stent implantation procedures guided by optical coherence tomography versus angiography. Abbott’s OCT imaging is utilized in the trials for the patients with high-risk, complex coronary artery disease.
- In February 2017, Johnson & Johnson acquired Abbott Medical Optics (AMO), subsidiary of Abbott Laboratories. This acquisition includes the ophthalmic products of Abbott such as cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery and consumer eye health which will be combined with the Johnson & Johnson leading ACUVUE Brand Contact Lenses business.
- In 2015, Leica Microsystems announced the acquisition of Bioptigen Inc., developer of eye imaging medical device. Under the acquisition Leica planned to integrate OCT imaging of Bioptigen with its existing suite of surgical microscopes.
- In December 2015, Bioptigen Inc., subsidiary of Leica Microsystems received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its EnFocus intrasurgical OCT system developed for advanced solution for new and existing ophthalmic surgical microscopes in order to enhance their capability.
We value your investment and offer customization as per your requirements.
Share your precise requirements @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/439
The global optical imaging market is segmented on the basis of product type, therapeutic area, application, end user, and geography
By product type:
- Imaging systems
- Optical Imaging Systems
- Spectral Imaging Systems
- Illumination systems
By therapeutic area:
- Pre-clinical and clinical research
- Intra-operative Imaging
- Pathological imaging
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Research Laboratories
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
Other Exclusive Reports:
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 150 countries worldwide. We pride ourselves in catering to clients across the length and width of the horizon, from Fortune 500 enlisted companies, to not-for-profit organization, and startups looking to establish a foothold in the market. We excel in offering unmatched actionable market intelligence across various industry verticals, including chemicals and materials, healthcare, and food & beverages, consumer goods, packaging, semiconductors, software and services, Telecom, and Automotive. We offer syndicated market intelligence reports, customized research solutions, and consulting services.
To know more about us, please visit our website – www.coherentmarketinsights.com
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.
United States of America: +1-206-701-6702
United Kingdom: +44-020-8133-4027