The latest research report on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market delivers a comprehensive study on current market trends. The outcome also includes revenue forecasts, statistics, market valuations which illustrate its growth trends and competitive landscape as well as the key players in the business.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Size
The Global Demand for Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market in Terms of revenue was worth of USD 316.01 Million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 436.17 Million in 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.52% from 2021 to 2027. The global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market is expected to grow at a significant growth rate due to number of driving factors.
Get Sample Copy of This Premium Report @ https://brandessenceresearch.com/requestSample/PostId/1465
Scope of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a nervous system disease that progressively degenerate the muscles and impacts physical body function. The disease is also recognized as motor neuron or Lou Gehrig’s disease. The ALS mostly happens between 40-60 age groups and sometimes it can develop in early age also due to inheritance of the genetic mutation. The disease leads to the damage of nerve cells, brain and spinal cord which impact the difficulty in breathing, swallowing, speaking, and mobility. This disease is mostly of two types depending upon its cause which are sporadic and familial. The main cause of developing the ALS disease is disorganized immune response, chemical imbalance with higher levels of glutamate in the body, mishandling of proteins and some of the risk factors includes exposure to viral agents, vigorous physical activity, and trauma. Currently, no cure available for the treatment of the ALS disease but the drugs, advanced stem cell therapy and certain physical therapy can reduce the symptoms of the disease.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Companies
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- CORESTEM, Inc
- BrainStorm Cell Limited
- Amylyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- AB Science
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals
- Biohaven Pharmaceutical
Factors such as increasing prevalence of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) disease, surge in the awareness about its treatment and growing demand for personalized treatment drugs with rising geriatric populations are driving the growth of the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a nervous system disease that progressively degenerate the muscles and impacts physical body function. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2014; the prevalence of ALS was an estimated 5 cases per 100000 populations globally. The ALS disease has higher prevalence in the developed countries due to presence of sedentary lifestyle increases the risk the geriatric population, which creates a demand for novel therapeutics approaches and targeted treatment medications for ALS.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Analysis
The study provides a crucial view of global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market by segmenting the market based on type, treatment, drug type, end-user and region & country level. Based upon type, the market is segmented into sporadic ALS and familial ALS. Based upon treatment, the market is segmented into medication, physical therapy, respiratory therapy, speech therapy and others. Based upon drug type, the market is segmented into Riluzole, Edaravone and Nuedexta. Based upon end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals, specialty centers, research & academic institutes and others.
Request for Methodology @ https://brandessenceresearch.com/requestMethodology/PostId/1465
Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market: By Type
- Sporadic ALS
- Familial ALS
Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market: By Treatment
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market: By End User
- Specialty Centers
The regions covered in global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. On the basis of country level, global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market is sub divided into U.S., Canada, U.K., France, Germany, Italy, China, Japan, India, South East Asia, Brazil, Mexico, GCC, Africa, etc.
According to ALS Association, the ALS has affected between 2 and 5 people in every 100,000 worldwide whereas around 5,000 people receives a diagnosis annually. However, the high cost associated with ALS treatment may limit the market growth during the forecast period. In spite of that, rising technological advancement using artificial intelligence, advent of nanotechnology, IoT, machine learning algorithm etc. for helping the people suffering with ALS, rising public awareness, self-identification through a secure web portal refinement of the algorithm use to identify ALS cases will create huge opportunity for further growth of the ALS treatment market. For example; in 2014, in the U.S. the social media centered campaign held the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, for increasing awareness of ALS and ultimately it has received extensive public visibility and response.
The type, segment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market is dominated by Sporadic ALS with a largest market share of 86.35% in 2020. The treatment segment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market report is dominated by Medication segment by capturing the largest market of XX.XX% in year 2020. The drug type segment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market is dominated by Riluzole with a largest market share of XX.XX% in 2020. The end-user segment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market report is dominated by Hospitals & Clinics segment by capturing the largest market of XX.XX% in year 2020.
Geographically, North America region is expected to dominate the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis treatment market. This is due to the rising prevalence of ALS disease, sedentary lifestyle and increasing the geriatric population which has high the risk of developing this ALS disorder in this region. According to the Urban Institute report, the number of Americans age 65 and older will more than double over the next 40 years, reaching 80 million in 2040. The numbers of adults age 85 and older, the group most often needing help with basic personal care, will nearly quadruple between 2000 and 2040.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in 2016; the prevalence of ALS was estimated between 14,500 and 15,000 people in the United States and approximately 5,000 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ALS annually. Moreover, Asia Pacific region is expected to witness a significant growth in this market owing to the rapidly increasing geriatric population and growing need to cure with the help of suitable amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) treatment. According to National Library of Medicine organization, in Japan’s Chamorro people of Guam and people from the Kii Peninsula, the prevalence rate of developing the ALS disease of was 100 times more frequent than ALS is in other populations.
Global Market Trends of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) treatment:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a rapidly progressive disorder characterized primarily by selective neurodegeneration of the motor neurons. It is a global disease, which adversely affects the life quality of patients and significantly increases the burden of families and society. It belongs to a wider group of disorders known as motor neuron diseases, which are caused by gradual deterioration (degeneration) and death of motor neurons. No cure has yet been found for ALS. However, there are treatments available that can help control symptoms, prevent unnecessary complications, and make living with the disease easier.
Complete Report Details @ https://brandessenceresearch.com/healthcare/amyotrophic-lateral-sclerosis-treatment-market
Some of the major trends in the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) treatment market are as follows:
Medication: There are currently four drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat ALS (Radicava, Rilutek, Tiglutik, and Nuedexta). Studies all over the world, many funded by The ALS Association, are ongoing to develop more treatments and a cure for ALS.
- Riluzole (Rilutek); this drug is approved for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in 1995. It is believed to reduce damage to motor neurons by decreasing levels of glutamate, which transports messages between nerve cells and motor neurons. Clinical trials in people with ALS showed that riluzole prolongs survival by a few months, particularly in the bulbar form of the disease, but does not reverse the damage already done to motor neurons. And Rilutek; it is used to extend the patient’s life or to delay the need for mechanical ventilation. It is used to slow the progression of the disease. It may work by reducing the body’s levels of glutamate, an excitotoxin that has been linked to neuronal damage.
- Radicava (edaravone): It is a neuroprotective agent indicated for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The FDA approved Radicava in 2017, less than a year after Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America submitted a new drug application, making it the first new treatment specifically for ALS in 22 years.
- Tiglutik (thickened riluzole): The first and only thickened liquid form of riluzole, Tiglutik was approved by the FDA in September 2018. This formulation contrasts with the oral pill form of riluzole that has been on the market for ALS for more than 20 years. It is designed to avoid potential problems of crushing tablets.
- Nuedexta: It is indicated for the treatment of pseudobulbar affect (PBA), which is characterized by frequent, involuntary, and often sudden episodes of crying and/or laughing that are exaggerated and/or don’t match how you feel. PBA occurs secondary to a variety of otherwise unrelated neurologic conditions. Nuedexta (dextromethorphan HBr and quinidine sulfate) was FDA-approved in 2011.
Due to the increasing cases of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis different types of therapies are also used to treat ALS. Some therapies are trending in recent years. For example:
- Physical Therapy: In physical therapies there are, gentle, low-impact aerobic exercise, such as walking, swimming, and stable cycling, can strengthen unaffected muscles, improve cardiovascular health, and help people fight fatigue and depression. A range of motion and tension exercises help to prevent painful limb and muscle contractions. Additionally, physical therapists recommend exercises that provide these benefits without overwork the muscles.
- Occupational Therapy: This therapy is helping patients to choose adaptive equipment and assistive technologies to help them keep up their daily routines and train them in ways to compensate for hand and arm weaknesses. Occupational therapists may suggest devices such as ramps, braces, walkers, and wheelchairs to help individual Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis conserve energy and stay mobile.
- Breathing Therapy: As the muscles responsible for breathing start to weaken, people may experience shortness of breath during physical activity and difficulty breathing at night or when lying down. Doctors may test an individual’s breathing to determine when to recommend a treatment called noninvasive ventilation (NIV). This therapy is helpful to the patient to breathe. NIV improves the quality of life and prolongs survival for many people with ALS.
- Speech Therapy: Some amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients who have difficulty in speaking may benefit from working with a speech therapist, who can teach adaptive strategies to speak louder and more clearly. This therapy is helpful to maintain the ability to communicate. They may endorse aids such as computer-based speech synthesizers that use eye-tracking technology and help people develop ways to answer questions with their eyes or in affirmative or other dishonest ways.
Thus, these are some of the major trends in the global amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) treatment market.
By Regional & Country Analysis
North America, US, Mexico, Chily, Canada, Europe, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Asia Pacific, China, South Korea, Japan, India, Southeast Asia, Latin America, Brazil, The Middle East and Africa, GCC, Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa
Table of Content
1. Chapter – Report Methodology
1.1. Research Process
1.2. Primary Research
1.3. Secondary Research
1.4. Market Size Estimates
1.5. Data Triangulation
1.6. Forecast Model
1.7. USP’s of Report
1.8. Report Description
2. Chapter – Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Overview: Qualitative Analysis
2.1. Market Introduction
2.2. Executive Summary
2.3. Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Classification
2.4. Market Drivers
2.5. Market Restraints
2.6. Market Opportunity
2.7. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market: Trends
2.8. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.9. Market Attractiveness Analysis
3. Chapter – Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Overview: Quantitative Analysis
4. Chapter – Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Analysis: Segmentation By Type
5. Chapter – Global Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Treatment Market Analysis: Segmentation By Application
About Us: Brandessence Market Research and Consulting Pvt. ltd.
Brandessence market research publishes market research reports & business insights produced by highly qualified and experienced industry analysts. Our research reports are available in a wide range of industry verticals including aviation, food & beverage, healthcare, ICT, Construction, Chemicals and lot more. Brand Essence Market Research report will be best fit for senior executives, business development managers, marketing managers, consultants, CEOs, CIOs, COOs, and Directors, governments, agencies, organizations and Ph.D. Students. We have a delivery center in Pune, India and our sales office is in London.
Contact us at: +44-2038074155 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Related Report: