Proliferation of head mounted displays to provide better gaming experience is likely to boost demand.
Market Size – USD 8.16 billion in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 22.2%, Market Trends – Rising popularity and availability of VR contents.
The global Virtual Reality Headsets Market is expected to reach USD 56.97 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Virtual reality headsets are basically a kind of digital technology which allows users to enjoy 3D view of the contents developed for virtual reality experience. Virtual reality headsets aims to fully engulf users in a simulated environment to have a more engaging experience. The demand for virtual reality headsets is stimulated by the growing demand from the gaming enthusiasts all-round the globe to have a better gaming experience in a fully immersive 3D space. Moreover, a rise application for virtual reality heads in the in the entertainment industry would also push the market growth.
The growing deployment of virtual reality headsets in military, aerospace and defense sector to provide training in a simulated environment so that the trainees can have an experience of the real world situations without actually participating in the field work. This technique helps in improving the training experience provided to the trainees without the risk of any physical harm as well as implementing the use of minimal infrastructure.
One major factor that may restrict the growth of the market is the health related concerns arising out of the poor quality of visual effects that can put unwanted strain on eyes as well as mental stress.
The market is Asia Pacific projected to grow at the highest CAGR of 23%% in the forecast period. This can be attributed to the proliferation of smartphones and a rise in the level of disposable income of the people in this region. Also, the availability of low cost tethered VR headsets coupled various key strategic alliances among smartphones and virtual reality headset manufacturers with efficient promotion by the smartphone companies is also expected to propel the market demand.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1355
Key findings in the report:
- The tethered virtual reality headsets with more than 90% of the market share leads the market in the year 2018 and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. This is owing to the proliferation of smartphones and widespread use of smartphones for gaming and entertainment purposes along with lost cost associated with the possession of these headsets in comparison to standalone headsets.
- Standalone headsets are projected to have the highest growth rate throughout the forecast period.
- By components, the head mounted displays are expected to dominate the market in the forecast period due to the proliferation of head mounted displays among gaming and entertainment industry end-user to have an immersive 3D space experience.
- The market for virtual reality headsets in North America is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.5% during the forecast period. North America dominates the market for virtual reality headsets owing to rising investment in technologies advancement and development, and surging demand by entertainment and advertising industry, education system and military to develop and improve visual experience.
- Key participants include Sony Corporation, Google, Samsung Electronics, HTC Corporation, Facebook, Microsoft, Vuzix, Leapmotion, Eon Reality, and LG Electronics Inc.
- A new patent from Sony, a leading company in virtual reality headset market, states that the next PlayStation VR (PSVR) headset by the company uses a head-mounted display (HMD) that employs a range of biometric sensors such as a thermometer, eye-tracking cameras, a moisture sensor and exterior orientation sensors to combat virtual reality sickness.
Virtual Reality Headsets Market Size and Demand Analysis By Type, By Component (Head Mounted Display, Stereo Sound System, Head Motion Tracking Sensor and Others), By Application And Segment Forecast to 2026, To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/virtual-reality-headsets-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the virtual reality headset market on the basis of type, component and application and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- Head Mounted Display
- Stereo sound System
- Head Motion Tracking Sensor
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- Gaming and Entertainment
- Consumer Electronics
- Medical Service
- Military, Aerospace and Defense
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Billion; 2017–2026)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Table Of Content
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2016-2026
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Macro Indicators
3.1.1. Global deployment of Virtual Reality Headsets
3.1.2. Global implementation of Virtual Reality Headsets by type
3.1.3. Region-wise application of Virtual reality Headsets
Chapter 4. Virtual Reality Headsets Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Virtual Reality Headsets Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Industrial Outlook
4.3. Regulatory Framework
4.4. Virtual Reality Headsets Market Impact Analysis
Browse similar research reports:
Security Inspection Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product, By Type, By Services, By Application, And By Region, Forecast To 2027
Load Transducers Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application, By End-Use Industry, And By Region, Forecast To 2027
Infrared Filters Market Size, Trends, Analysis, By Type, By Application, By Region, Forecast To 2027
Electrical Explosion Proof Equipments Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application, By Region, Forecast To 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Full Press Release@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-virtual-reality-headsets-market