Rising migraine occurrence, extensive usage of novel drug classes, growing intake of an unhealthy diet, and a stressful lifestyle are essential factors accounting for a high CAGR of the migraine drugs market.
Market Size: USD 1.46 billion in 2019, Market Growth: CAGR of 13.3%, Market Trends: Increasing adoption of innovative drugs and introducing Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide (CGRP) treatments.
The global Migraine Drugs Market is foreseen to grow at a significant CAGR of 13.3% during the projected period and escalate from USD 1.46 billion in 2019 to USD 3.97 billion in 2027. Migraine is a neurological condition characterized by intense and severe headache with potential symptoms such as nausea, photophobia, and phonophobia. Various triggers such as emotional imbalances, stress, fear, excitement, depression, and anxiety.
The drug therapy helps in relieving the patient from headaches and helps in lowering the chances of further attacks. The rising occurrence of migraine episodes, extensive usage of novel drug classes, growing intake of unhealthy diet and stressful lifestyle, and introduction of Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide (CGRP) treatments are some essential factors driving the growth of the migraine drugs market. But the side effects of these drugs, such as vomiting, dizziness, and weight deviations, can hamper the market growth for migraine drugs.
The US FDA approvals for the latest class of these drugs has impacted the market positively. New drugs approved by the U.S. FDA for treating migraine attacks are Aimovig, Ajovy, and Emglity.
Increased awareness among ordinary people regarding migraine and its effective drugs and the investment of humongous funds in R&D activities for migraine drug research and production are significant factors driving the market for migraine drugs. Moreover, constant efforts by market players to develop efficient and pocket-friendly products will increase the market demand.
Request free sample of this research report at : https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2515
Key findings in the report:
- Based on product type, the preventive medications sub-segment accounted for USD 390.4 million and will grow at a considerable CAGR of 13.1%. However, pain-relieving medication remains the primary revenue-generating sub-segment in the global migraine drugs market.
- On the basis of the dose administration route, the oral sub-segment held the highest share in the market of global migraine drugs and is expected to retain its position during the projection period. The injectable sub-segment is predicted to witness significant growth and reach USD 120.8 million during the stipulated period.
- The market is expected to grow due to the launch of new action pathways, including corticotrophin receptor, CGRP-based receptor, and ligand inhibition.
- Novartis and Amgen were the first ones to launch CGRP-based Aimovig. Better compensation schemes and easy usage of pen-device to administrate the drug have resulted in a tremendous demand for the product. Moreover, healthcare professionals in Europe and North America have given positive feedback about the product.
- North America had the highest share of around 38.5% of the migraine drug market in 2019. The growing prevalence of chronic migraine disorders has led to investments in R&D activities along with improvement in therapeutics for treating migraines, awareness about different migraine medications, and dominance of key manufacturers in the North American region.
- The Asia Pacific region is predicted to maintain the highest growth rate during the projection period. It is assumed to register a CAGR of 13.8% due to vendors’ changing preferences and interests in the sector. Additionally, massive investments in migraine drug production by various biotechnology and pharma companies.
Migraine Drugs Market Size, Demand and Growth Analysis, By Product (Pain-relieving medications, Preventive medications), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable, Nasal Sprays, Others), Distribution Channel, Forecasts To 2027, To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/migraine-drugs-market
Major players in the migraine drugs market:
- Biohaven Pharma
- Eli Lilly
- Teva Pharma
- Abbott Laboratories
- Johnson & Johnson
- Valeant Pharma
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Migraine Drugs Market on the basis of product, route of administration, distribution channel, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2017–2027)
Pain Relieving Medication
- Blood Pressure Lowering Medications
- Calcium channel blockers
Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2017–2027)
- Nasal Sprays
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2017–2027)
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospitals Based Pharmacies
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Table Of Content
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2018 – 2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Busy and high pressure lifestyle
3.2. Rising consumption of unhealthy food
Chapter 4. Migraine Drugs Segmentation & Impact Analysis
4.1. Migraine Drugs Segmentation Analysis
4.2. Migraine Drugs Market Value Chain Analysis, 2016-2027
4.3. Regulatory framework
4.4. Migraine Drugs Market Impact Analysis
Browse similar research reports:
Vitamin K2 Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Types, By Application, By Region, Forecast To 2027
Ibuprofen Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application By Region, Forecast To 2027
Simethicone Oral Liquid Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type, By Application, By Region, Forecast To 2027
Nelarabine Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product Type, By Application, By Region, Forecasts To 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Full Press Release@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-migraine-drugs-market