Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) is a chronic disease in which scarring and thickening of the lungs’ tissue occurs due to unknown causes, impairing pulmonary functions. Over time, the scarring becomes worse and as the lungs cannot take it enough oxygen, it becomes hard to take a deep breath. In the normal process of breathing, oxygen moves through tiny air sacs in the lungs, then into bloodstream, and finally travels to all the organs. However, IPF slows the flow of oxygen from the lungs to the blood, which affects the normal functioning of the body.
The symptoms of IPF are often not noticed until the disease is well-established. IPF affects each person differently and the rate at which disease progresses may vary.
BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM GMBH
Symptoms of IPF include –
– A dry, hacking cough.
– Chest pain or tightness.
– Leg swelling.
– Loss of appetite.
– Shortness of breath, especially after a walk or other activity.
Other common symptoms include –
– Feeling more tired than usual.
– Joint and muscle aches.
– Weight loss.
– Clubbing (swelling of the fingers).
A pulmonologist will ask a patient about their medical history and other lung-related illnesses or medical causes, and then perform a physical examination. The pulmonologist can ask the patient to undergo various diagnostic tests for IPF. These can include chest imaging studies such as –
– X-rays or high-resolution CT scans.
– Lung biopsy.
– Pulmonary function test.
– Oxygen desaturation study.
– Other laboratory tests.
The current report provides detailed coverage of IPF. This report will provide perspective on the drugs and therapies used for the management of IPF, including forecast trends and sales through 2024. Important manufacturers, technologies and factors influencing demand are discussed.
The market has been segregated geographically into the U.S., Japan and five major European markets (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the U.K.). For market estimates, data has been provided for the year 2018 as the base year, 2019 and then forecast for 2024.
– An overview of the global markets for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) disease treatment
– Analyses of the global market trends, with corresponding market analysis data for 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
– Estimation of market size and market share analysis of IPF chronic disease on the basis of type of therapeutics and geography
– Insights into the market trends and opportunities, drivers and restraints, regulatory framework, epidemiology, complications, and prevalence of this chronic lung disease
– Company profiles of the market leading participants within the pharmaceuticals industry
Table of Content
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Drug Development and Approval Process
Chapter 4 Disease Overview
Chapter 5 Disease Management and Treatment
Chapter 6 Marketed Drugs for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Chapter 7 Product Forecast for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Chapter 8 Product Pipeline for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Chapter 9 Appendix: Acronyms
Read Other Reports from our Database :
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe. Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs.
Ph: +162 825 80070 (US)
Ph: +44 203 500 2763 (UK)