The Global Antibiotics Market was valued at $$44.4 Billion in 2020. The market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% to reach $65.4 billion by 2025. The antibiotics market growth outlook is positive with significant growth potential for cell wall inhibitor and protein inhibitor antibiotic drugs. There is pressure on antibiotic drug manufacturers to offer antimicrobial-resistant drugs at affordable prices. At the same time, factors such as rising disposable incomes and increasing spending on healthcare in emerging markets, increasing grants from government agencies for antibiotic drugs research and development, and rising incidence of infectious diseases are contributing to the growth of the market.
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
JOHNSON & JOHNSON
MERCK & CO., INC.
Request Free Sample Report: https://www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-request/6166759-antibiotics-technologies-and-global-markets
Pharmaceutical companies and governments are increasingly working together in partnerships and collaborations to provide funding and implement incentive programs for the research and development (R&D) of antibiotics. These partnerships provide financial and technical assistance across different clinical development phases to the pharmaceutical companies. Various programs, such as the Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance (JPIAMR), the Innovative Medicines Initiative’s (IMI’s) New Drugs for Bad Bugs (ND4BB) program, Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority’s (BARDA) Broad Spectrum Antimicrobials Program, and Combating Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Biopharmaceutical Accelerator (CARB-X), have been implemented for the development of novel antibiotics by focusing on R&D gaps.
Additionally, The Davos Declaration was signed in January 2016 by more than 100 companies and trade associations which included Allergan, AstraZeneca, GSK, Pfizer and Sanofi. This declaration focused on investments in R&D to meet public health needs, reducing the development of antimicrobial resistance and improving access to antibiotics.
Pharmaceutical companies are increasingly adopting 3D printing technology for the discovery and development of new antibiotics to reduce manufacturing costs and increase production efficiency. For instance, in 2018, a 3D-printed fluorescence imaging box (PFIbox) was developed by McMaster University’s laboratory for antibiotics discovery. This box is capable of analyzing more than 6,000 samples of bacteria at a time and provides vital information on bacterial response.
The report focuses on newer drugs and innovations in chemical compounds, vaccines and biologicals, recently launched or in development. Specifically excluded from the scope of research are vector or mosquito control approaches, strategies and products; drugs used for symptomatic treatment and not for the elimination of the virus from the host; and details on manufacturers and suppliers of non-branded generics. This report will also highlight the current and future market potentiality of antibiotics with detailed analysis of competitive environment between the companies. Drivers, restraints, opportunities, pricing analysis, impact of COVID-19, other infectious diseases and a regulatory scenario assessment will be covered in the current report. The report covers a market projection for 2025, and a market share for key players.
The report segments the market for antibiotics based on product type, route of administration, application and geography. Based on product type, the market is segmented into cell wall inhibitors, protein inhibitors, DNA inhibitors and other inhibitors (RNA, Mycolic Acid, Folic Acid). Based on route of administration, the market is segmented into oral and topical. The market is also presented based on application type, which is further segmented into human and veterinary.
By geography, the market has been segmented into the North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East and Africa regions. Detailed analysis of major countries such as the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Mexico, GCC countries and South Africa will be covered in the regional segment. For market estimates, data will be provided for 2019 as the base year, with estimates for 2020 and forecast value for 2025.
– 28 data tables and 16 additional tables
– Comprehensive overview of the global market for antibiotics within the pharmaceutical industry
– Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2018-2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
– Latest information on market growth drivers and opportunities, industry supply chain structure, regulatory developments, technological advancements, and demographic shifts shaping the overall antibiotics marketplace
– Evaluation of market growth during the forecast period, and deep dive of market share analysis data basis of product type, product, route of administration, end-user and geographical region
– Country specific data and analysis for the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Mexico, GCC countries and South Africa
– Impact of COVID-19 on the pharmaceutical market for antibiotics and an outlook of short-term vs. long-term impacts of COVID-19 pandemic
– Identification of the companies best positioned to meet the global market demand for antibiotic drugs on the basis of their proprietary technologies, M&A deals, collaborations, JVs and other strategic alliances
– Detailed company profiles of the major global corporations, including Abbott, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Pfizer and Sanofi
Table of Content
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Product
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Route of Administration
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8 Impact of COVID-19 on the Pharmaceutical Industry
Chapter 9 Clinical Developments and Pipeline Products
Chapter 10 Value Chain Analysis
Chapter 11 Regulatory Scenario
Chapter 12 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 13 Company Profiles
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe. Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs.
Ph: +162 825 80070 (US)
Ph: +44 203 500 2763 (UK)