Globally, ultrasound technology has evolved as a cost-effective tool, providing diagnostic imaging and therapeutic treatment to patients suffering from various ailments. Technological advancements improve the efficiency of ultrasound in terms of image quality and portability. The development of compact, hand-held devices has expanded the use of ultrasound devices into point-of-care settings. Increased healthcare expenditure from both government and private insurers for the expansion of medical imaging services are expected to account for stable 3D and 4D ultrasound device market growth during the forecast period. An increase in the world’s elder population, increased import volumes of medical
equipment into emerging economies and increased spending on medical technology are expected to drive the 3D and 4D ultrasound device market during the forecast period. There are many notable innovations in 3D and 4D ultrasound devices. These devices are preferred by diagnostic centers, large hospitals and private hospitals.
The global market for 3D and 4D ultrasound devices was valued at nearly 2.8 Bn in 2020 and by the end of the forecast period (2025), it is predicted that the global market will surpass $3.5 bn. The 3D and 4D ultrasound device market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of about 4.1% during the forecast period.
A powerful technological breakthrough, real-time 3D technology underwent several upgrades, replacing a good portion of the 2D ultrasound equipment, globally. Traditional 2D ultrasound has been used for diagnostic applications for several years. The 3D ultrasound market segment is gradually expanding its market share, mainly due to the increasing preference for real-time imaging. This is helpful in performing image-guided surgeries. In a 3D ultrasound device, sound waves used in the 2D system are transmitted to the target, but are reflected by the software at different angles, creating a 3D image. Improved visualization and clarity with surface detail are available through 3D ultrasound.
In terms of application, 3D ultrasound made significant progress in the diagnostic evaluation, staging and detection of prostate cancer. Investigators found that 3D ultrasound produces better images of prostate physiology, tumor extension and evaluation of surrounding structures. 2D ultrasound usually requires manipulation of a probe to obtain an appropriate scanning angle, causing discomfort to the patient. 3D ultrasound provides superior information via needle biopsies for prostate cancer.
In addition, 3D ultrasound is being used to guide surgery and at radiology centers to provide effective radiation therapy for cancer patients.
The effective use of 3D ultrasound robotic systems for breast and prostate needle biopsies are currently being investigated through several feasibility trials. In the U.S. alone, more than one million transrectal ultrasound (TRUS)-guided biopsies are performed, annually. TRUS is one of the most frequently performed procedures for prostate cancer diagnosis in the U.S. However, TRUS has several shortcomings; suboptimal sampling may require resampling. A robot-guided device provides image stability and accurate sampling for clinical evaluation.
This report offers a detailed picture of the market for 3D and 4D ultrasound devices. It highlights the current and future market potential for 3D and 4D ultrasound devices and provides a detailed analysis of the competitive environment, the regulatory scenario, drivers, restraints, opportunities and trends in the market. This report also covers market projections through 2025 and market shares for key market players.
This report details market shares for 3D and 4D ultrasound devices based on type and geography. Based on type, the market is segmented into stationary 3D and 4D ultrasound devices and portable 3D and 4D ultrasound device segments.
By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of the World. Detailed analyses of major countries (the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, China and India) are covered in regional segments. For market estimates, data have been provided for 2020 as the base year, with forecasts for 2020-2025. Estimated values are based on 3D and 4D ultrasound device manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
– 35 data tables and 26 additional tables
– An overview of the global 3D and 4D ultrasound devices market
– Estimation of the market size and analyses of market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020 and projection of CAGR through 2025
– Detailed description of the 3D and 4D ultrasound devices, their manufacturing process, ultrasound imaging technology, value chain process and pricing analysis
– Analysis of current and future market dynamics and identification of key drivers, restraints and opportunities
– Discussion on potential markets of stationary and portable 3D and 4D ultrasound devices and evaluation of current market trends, market size and market forecast
– Details about R&D, product design and early design prototyping; regulatory submissions and approvals; and legislative requirements for 3D and 4D ultrasound device manufacturing
– Impact analysis of coronavirus on the global economy; government expenditures on COVID-19 and discussion on impact of COVID-19 on supply chain and production of medical devices, insurance providers and overall medical devices industry
– Coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
– Company profiles of major players of the industry, including Analogic Corp., Canon Medical Systems Corp., FujiFilm Holdings Corp., Hitachi Medical Corp., and Samsung Medison Co. Ltd.
Table of Content
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
Chapter 4 Impact of COVID-19
Chapter 5 Analysis of Market Factors
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Type
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 8 Regulatory Landscape
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
Read Other Reports from our Database :
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe. Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs.
Ph: +162 825 80070 (US)
Ph: +44 203 500 2763 (UK)