Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation Market Outlook:
The Global Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation Market is predicted to attain a valuation of USD 25.93 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 13.2% throughout the projected timeframe, according to the latest analysis by Emergen Research. The escalating prevalence of recurrent atrial fibrillation is predominantly observed in patients with recurrent paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. These patients generally have a family history of AFib, sleep apnea, alcohol consumption, hypertension, obesity, overuse of stimulants, thyroid disorders, severe infections, stress, and lung disease.
The market is majorly driven by increasing incidences of recurrent atrial fibrillation, the launch of novel and advanced effective treatments, technological advancement, and better reimbursement scenarios for recurrent AFib drugs. The caseload of heart disease has significantly increased over the last decade, owing to people’s unhealthy lifestyle and poor eating habits. This has, in turn, also increased the incidences of AFib and its recurrent. The growing prevalence is set to impact market growth positively.
COVID-19 pandemic has also had a significant impact on the market. The healthcare experts from the University of Pennsylvania have predicted that COVID-19 infected patients admitted to the ICUs are more susceptible to cardiac arrhythmia and atrial fibrillation. This can be alarming for patients with cardiac issues and can subsequently boost the sales of atrial fibrillation treatment drugs, thereby propelling market growth.
Key Highlights from the Report:
- According to a statistical report by CDC, the prevalence rate of AFib falls in the range of 2.7 million and 6.1 million in the U.S. alone and is forecast to cross 12.1 million by 2030. Similarly, rising incidences are estimated from other regions in the world, indicating a lucrative growth in the industry.
- The Device type sub-segment is predicted to be valued at USD 5.88 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 14% throughout the projected years. The segment is predominantly driven by catheter ablation and the need to have increasingly efficient devices to treat atrial fibrillation.
- Electrophysiology assesses the heart’s electrical activity, and catheter ablation is used to treat arrhythmia of particular types. Electrophysiology is generally considered the most efficient method for recurrent atrial fibrillation episodes after the patient’s body does not respond to drugs.
- Atrial fibrillation diagnosis covers screening as routine care in senior patients and patients with other comorbidities. EKG and ECG are also included in diagnostic testing. The emergence of advanced software-based ECG monitoring devices is projected to improve the treatment quality for recurrent AFib patients, thereby driving the market growth.
- North America is the dominant region in the global market, with a revenue contribution of USD 4.04 billion in 2019 accredited to the increasing caseload of recurrent AFib in the U.S. and Canada. North American market occupies a significant share of the market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.1% throughout the estimated timeframe.
- Major companies operating in the industry include GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Abbott Laboratories, St. Jude Medical, Inc., Atricure Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic Plc, Boehringer Ingelheim, Siemens AG, Daiichi Sankyo, Koninklijke Philips N.V., AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Microport Scientific Corporation.
- In January 2019, the U.S. FDA accepted Abbott Laboratories’ TactiCath Touch Force Ablation Catheter.
- In August 2020, Abbott Laboratories commenced its R&D initiative, TactiFlex PAF IDE, to assess a novel device to treat patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (PAF). The research is conducted to understand the efficiency of TactiFlexTM Ablation Catheter, Sensor EnabledTM in patients whose atrial fibrillation cannot be regulated by medications.
- In December 2019, the generic version of blood thinner, Eliquis, was approved by the U.S. FDA. The drug is approved with the intent to provide high-quality treatment alternatives to recurrent AFib patients to reduce the risk of recurrence at affordable prices.
Check Our Prices@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/71
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation Market on the basis of product, application, end-user, and region:
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Surgical Devices
- Catheter Ablation
- Maze Surgery
- Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation
- Irrigated-tip RF Ablation Catheters
- Conventional RF Ablation Catheters
- Laser-Based Catheter Ablation
- Navigational Advanced Mapping Accessories
- Microwave Based Catheter Ablation
- Non-Surgical Devices
- EP Diagnostic Catheter
- EP Ablation Catheters
- Electric Cardioversion
- Conventional Diagnostic Catheters
- Steerable Diagnostic Catheters
- Fixed Diagnostic Catheters
- Cardiac Monitors or Loop Recorders
- Mapping and Recording Systems
- Advanced Diagnostic Catheters
- Left Atrial Appendage and Closure Devices
- Access Devices
- Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Systems
- Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)
- Dabigatran (Pradaxa)
- Edoxaban (Savaysa)
- Apixaban (Eliquis)
- Warfarin (Coumadin)
- Surgical Devices
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Surgical Cardiac
- EP Ablation
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Cardiac Centers
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Insights into our Other Published Healthcare Reports:
Metastatic Cancer Treatment Market Size To Be Worth USD 111.16 Billion by 2027
Molecular Forensics Market Size Worth USD 2,223.7 Million by 2027 Growing at a CAGR of 9.8%
Electronic Skin Patches Market Size Worth USD 18.10 Billion by 2027
Big Data in Healthcare Market Size Worth USD 78.03 Billion by 2027
Nanopharmaceutical Drugs Market Size To Be Worth USD 82.71 Billion by 2027 Growing at a CAGR of 7.3%
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756