The global Prenatal Testing and Newborn Screening Market is estimated to be valued at USD 10.85 Billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 12.8% in the estimated timeline, according to a recent report by Emergen Research. There is an increase in demand due to its escalating application in the detection of chromosomal disorders in fetuses and newborn infants. Prenatal testing is generally considered as a superior testing process compared to other screening modalities, especially for trisomy 21, which is one of the most common congenital genetic anomalies.
Prenatal testing allows individuals to formulate efficient decisions about whether additional genetic testing is needed. Additional factors such as rising prevalence rate of chromosome abnormalities in babies, increasing average maternal age, augmenting demand for non-invasive procedures, and favorable reimbursement scenarios are expected to bolster the industry growth. Moreover, the escalating demand for genetic disorder screening in newborns is further driving the market demand.
Claim Your FREE Sample Copy with Table of content@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample-form/346
However, the lack of awareness about prenatal testing and genetic disorder screening in newborns across the world is projected to impede the growth of the industry over the projected timeframe.
Key Highlights from the Report:
- The ultrasonography sub-segment is projected to expand at an exponential growth rate during the projected timeframe. The growth is driven by the enhanced ability of the ultrasound diagnosis to efficiently screen and detect abnormalities in the baby’s position and action in the womb.
- The non-invasive testing sub-segment is gaining traction owing to its significant advantages for pregnant women such as the diminished risk of miscarriage and lesser complications in infants. The non-invasive testing sub-segment is predicted to register the fastest CAGR of 13.3% during the projected timeframe attributable to the escalating prevalence of genetic disorders such as Down syndrome, Edward Syndrome, and other genetic aberrations related to trisomy.
- The hospital sub-segment accounted for a substantial share of the industry in 2019 owing to the increasing implementation of non-invasive prenatal testing, availability of skilled healthcare professionals, escalating advancement in newborn screening technologies, and a better reimbursement policy scenario.
- North America held the leading share of the market in 2019 and is foreseen to retain its leading position in the forthcoming years owing to the increasing availability of state-of-the-art and technologically equipped healthcare research system and advancements in whole-genome sequencing technologies.
- Asia Pacific market is poised to witness a rapid expansion in the estimated timeline owing to the increasing advancement in next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, rapidly developing healthcare infrastructure, and increased R&D activities in developing economies of APAC.
- Major companies operating in the industry include CRISPR, Abbott Laboratories, Color Genomics, Edinburgh Genomics, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Qiagen NV, Agilent Technologies, Editas Medicine, Illumina Inc., and Eurofins Scientific, among others.
- Progenity, Inc., in 2019, announced the introduction of Resura Prenatal Test. The test is a non-invasive and personalized prenatal testing that screens efficiently for monogenetic disorders.
Check Our Prices@ https://www.emergenresearch.com/select-license/346
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Prenatal Testing and Newborn Screening Market on the basis of type, test type, technology, end-user, instruments, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Newborn Screening
- Prenatal Testing
Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Mass Spectrometry
- Enzyme Immunoassays
- DNA Assays
Instrument Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Tandem Quadrupole Detector
- Reagent and Assay Kits
- Hearing Screen Instruments
- Incubator Shaker
End Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Diagnostic Centers
- Maternity & Specialty Clinics
Click to access the Report Study, Read key highlights of the Report and Look at Projected Trends: http://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/prenatal-testing-and-newborn-screening-market
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Take a Look at our Related Reports:
Topical Drug Delivery Market By Product Form (Semi-Solid, Solid Formulations, Transdermal Products, and Liquid Formulations), By Route (Dermal, Ophthalmic, Nasal, Others), By End-Use (Hospitals, Home Healthcare, Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, Burn Center), and By Regions
Medical Smart Textiles Market By Technology (Textile Sensors, Wearable Technology), By Application (Surgery, Bio-Monitoring, Therapy, and Wellness), By End-use (Hospitals and Clinics, Medical Academic and Research Center), and By Region
Operating Room Management Solutions Market By Solution Type (Data management and communication solutions, Operating room supply management solutions, Anesthesia information management solutions, Operating room scheduling solutions, Performance management solutions), By Mode of Deployment (Ob-premises, Cloud-based), By End-Use (Hospitals, Ambulatory surgical centers), and By Region
Patient Registry Software Market By Delivery, By Database, By Registry Type, By Function, By Software Type (Integrated, Standalone), By End-use (Government & Third-Party Administrators, Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals, Research Centers, Others), and By Region, Forecast to 2027
Ambulatory EHR Market By Deployment (Cloud-based, On-premises), By Practice Size (Solo Practices, Large Practices, Small-medium-sized Practices), By Application, By End-use (Independent Centers, Hospital-owned Ambulatory Centers, Others), and By Region, Forecasts to 2027
About Emergen Research
Emergen Research is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Emergen Research has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1 (604) 757-9756
Read Full Press Release@ http://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-prenatal-testing-and-newborn-screening-market