The OTC (over-the-counter) pain medication market surpassed US$ 18 billion in 2018, with growth influenced by changing perceptions on generic pharmaceutical drugs, according to a recent study published by Future Market Insights (FMI). The study opines that market revenue will rev up at an improved rate of 3.7% to exceed US$ 19.3 billion in 2019. FMI analyzes various aspects of market growth influencing the OTC pain medication market.
Many consumers are making a shift to generic drugs to reduce total spending on non-prescription or OTC pain medication. Various governing bodies, such as the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), have implemented stringent regulations and labeling rules to ensure the safety and effectiveness of OTC pain medications. Leading players in the OTC pain medication market are collaborating with generic drug-makers to capitalize on the trend of consumer inclination towards generic versions of branded OTC pain medications, finds FMI.
Request a Sample Report with Table of Contents and Figures: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-8947
The FMI study features valuable and actionable insights obtained through thorough research on OTC pain medication market. Some of the insights mentioned in the study are,
- Growing geriatric population and prevalence of chronic pain-related disorders among the elderly population is bolstering sales of OTC pain medications.
- Over 20% of the adult population of the world is already suffering from pain-related disorders and new cased of pain-related problems are reported by over 10% of the global population, which is increasing significantly every years. This is providing an impetus to growth of the OTC pain medication market.
- Increasing awareness about the side effects of pain killers, such as stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal problems, may hamper the OTC pain medication market growth.
- Developed countries will dominate the OTC pain medications market with more than half the revenue share of the market. However, developing countries in Southeast Asia will witness fastest growth in the OTC pain medication market with rapidly developing pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector in the region.
Acetaminophen Drugs Hold Majority Share in OTC Pain Medication Market
The FMI study thoroughly assesses growth of the OTC pain medication market based on various drug classes, such as Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), acetaminophen, and local anesthetics. The study finds that acetaminophens are among the most commonly purchased OTC pain medication, and this drug class holds 45% share in the revenues of OTC pain medication market. As acetaminophen is considered as a safer pain medication than other pain relievers, its demand will continue to remain high in the upcoming years, opines the FMI study.
Preview Analysis Global Over-the-Counter Pain Medication Market Segmentation By Drug Class (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), Local Anaesthetics, Acetaminophen); By Route of Administration (Oral, Tropical, Others); by Dosage Form (Tablets, Capsule, Cream, Gels, Others): https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/over-the-counter-pain-medication-market
The Consumer Healthcare Products Association (CHPA), an American trade association, recently published a study on the misuse of acetaminophen-based OTC combination products. The study found that a 28 percent decline was recorded in therapeutic misuse exposures involving acetaminophen-containing OTC combination products. The incidents of acetaminophen misuse decreased from 8,753 to 6,278 between 2007 and 2016, which is a substantial evidence for the safety and effectiveness of acetaminophen-containing OTC pain medications.
Thereby, the FMI study opines that the acetaminophen drugs will maintain a maximum share of over US$ 8.7 billion in the OTC pain medication market through 2019, and the trend will continue to persist in the coming future.
Governments take Initiatives to Spread Awareness about Safe Use of OTC Pain Medications
Despite the increasing reliance on OTC pain medications, a large consumer group is still skeptical about their effectiveness and positive impacts on health. In order to help consumers to avoid incorrect use of OTC pain medications, many governing bodies including FDA have developed guidelines and tips for patients for choosing appropriate OTC pain medications. Consumers are becoming conscious about the drug fact labeling (DFL) requirements and other regulations vis-à-vis OTC pain medications, which is influencing major dynamics of the OTC pain medication market, projects the FMI study.
Our advisory services are aimed at helping you with specific, customized insights that are relevant to your specific challenges. Let us know about your challenges and our trusted advisors will connect with you: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/askus/rep-gb-8947
More from FMI’s Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and Medical devices Market Intelligence:
- Oral Antiseptics Market Segmented by (Product Type – Cetylpyridinium Chloride Based, Chlorhexidine Gluconate Based, Herbal & Essential Oils; Distribution Channel – Supermarket/Hypermarket, Drug Store, Retail Pharmacy & E-commerce)
- Dental Lasers Market Segmentation by Laser Type (Dental Surgical Lasers, Dental Welding Lasers); By End Users (Dental Clinics, Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers)
- Seasonal Affective Disorder Therapeutics Market Segmentation by Treatment Type (Drugs, Devices); By Disorder Type (Unipolar Disorder, Bipolar Disorder); by Distribution Channel (Institutional Sales, Retail Sales)
About Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
MARKET ACCESS DMCC Initiative
For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com
For Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org