The main factors leading to accelerated growth of the mycoplasma test market are rising health issues, increasing awareness regarding various diseases, chronic disease prevalence, increasing government funds, and growing investments in the healthcare sector.
Market size: USD 609.39 million in 2019, Growth factor: 12.6%, Market trends: Increasing awareness of mycoplasma testing and time-effective diagnosis.
The global mycoplasma testing market is projected to escalate from USD 609.39 million in 2019 to USD 1.59 million by 2027, with a CAGR of 12.6%.
Mycoplasma is the smallest bacterial species, produced through degenerative evolution from gram-positive bacteria. Mycoplasma lacks a cell wall and can be either saprotrophic or parasitic. Though there are about 200 different forms of mycoplasma bacteria, only five species including Mycoplasma pneumonia, Ureaplasma parvum, Mycoplasma hominis, Mycoplasma genitalium, Ureaplasma urealyticum cause severe infection to humans. Different mycoplasma species affect different body organs. For instance, Mycoplasma pneumonia severely affects the lungs and throat, whereas Mycoplasma genitalium causes urethra infection.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2129
In pharmaceutical manufacturing and testing, tissue engineering, and stem cultivation, mycoplasma is a significant source of contamination. Mycoplasma testing is used in patients for diagnosing present or past mycoplasma infections. Mycoplasma also exists as healthy flora in the patient’s throat, respiratory tract, and genitourinary tract. Moreover, the mycoplasma bacterial cells are resistant to a variety of commonly used antibiotics due to the absence of a cell wall.
The growing healthcare investments and support offered by the government and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, advances in R&D, and rising prevalence of cell culture contamination is projected to drive the market demand and lead to overall market expansion.
Mycoplasma Testing Market Analysis, By Product Type (Instruments, Kits & Reagents) By Technology Type (PCR, ELISA, Direct Assay, And Others) By Application Type (Cell Line, Virus) By End Use (Pharmaceutical Companies, Cell Banks), Forecasts To 2027, To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/mycoplasma-testing-market
Key findings from the report:
- Kits and reagents segment dominated the mycoplasma testing market in 2019 with a share of 47.5%. Increasing demand for mycoplasma testing kits is expected to fuel , the demand due to the increased acceptance of kit-based techniques and ample sales of these kits in research organizations and facilities. The chief revenue-making source of this sector is the Asia Pacific region with North America and Europe in the line.
- On the basis of technology, PCR technology is predicted to expand at a relatively high CAGR during the projection period. The extensive use of PCR techniques in research due to its speed, accuracy, and flexibility has resulted in the demand for this segment.
- As Mycoplasma is one of the major causes of human infectious diseases, the sample needs to be examined at every step during processing. The lack of cell wall enables the bacteria to penetrate through the White blood corpuscles and therefore makes it difficult to get rid of the bacteria once they hide in the immune system.
- The most common yet serious problem faced when cultivating cells is mycoplasma contamination. Thus utmost precaution should be taken while performing mycoplasma testing before the manufacturing of the final product. For example, for high throughput and regular screening of cell cultures, the MycoProbe Mycoplasma detection kit is used for detecting mycoplasma contamination.
- The increasing adoption of large-scale cell culture testing in the biotechnology and pharma industry is predicted to increase the demand for the mycoplasma testing market.
- The demand for mycoplasma testing in the Asia Pacific is rising at a CAGR of 13% followed by North America with a growth rate of 12.8% and Europe at 12.5%. A major factor driving the market is growing government support, along with high investments in research and development.
Key players in the mycoplasma testing market:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- Lonza Group Ltd. (Switzerland)
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland)
- American Type Culture Collection (U.S.)
- Bionique Testing Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.)
- InvivoGen (U.S.)
- PromoCell GmbH (Germany)
- Norgen Biotek Corp. (Canada)
- GenBio (Canada)
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc. (U.S.)
- Savyon Diagnostics (Israel)
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Mycoplasma Testing Market on the basis of product type, technology type, application type, end-use, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Kits & Reagents
- PCR Assay
- Nucleic Acid Detection
- Elimination Kits & Reagent
- Standards & Controls
Technology Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Direct Assay
- Indirect Assay
- DNA Staining
- Microbial Culture Techniques
- Enzymatic Methods
Application Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Cell Line Testing
- Virus Testing
- End of Production Cells Testing
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Cell Banks
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
Middle East & Africa
Browse similar research reports:
Genomics In Cancer Care Market Size Worth $39.94 Billion By 2027
Oncology Molecular Diagnostics Market Size Worth $3,568.1 Million By 2027
Medical Digital Imaging Systems Market Size Worth U$29.97 Billion By 2027
DNA Sequencing Market Size Worth $11.28 Billion By 2027
Biomarkers Market Size Worth USD 115.45 Billion By 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data. Is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Types, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read full Press Release at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-mycoplasma-testing-market