Rising occurrence of cancer and technological advances in diagnostic and molecular techniques are assumed to flourish the market.
Market size: USD 12,561.54 million in 2019, Growth rate: 13.6% Market trends: Product launches and advanced R&D for histology and cytology
The global histology and cytology market was estimated at USD 12,561.54 million in 2019 and is predicted to hit USD 34,697.3 million by 2027, with a CAGR of 13.6% through the forecast period.
Cytology deals with identifying, working and understanding of a cell, whereas histology is a microscopic analysis of tissues and cells of the living organisms. Histology and cytology market witnessed a massive growth in the healthcare sector due to increasing prevalence of chronic and fatal disorders diagnosed using histology and cytology applications.
The usage of cytology and histology in the analysis of infectious diseases is well recognized. Microscopic detection of a bacteria or virus based on its morphological characters using staining is an accepted mean of diagnostic histology. However, recent advances in diagnostic technology and immunohistochemistry are quicker and specific. Techniques, including PCR, microarrays, proteomics, and other sequencing methods, are now being approved in cytological samples. Histopathology evaluation compares diseased or experimentally altered tissues with matching sample from healthy or control counterparts.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2194
The use of molecular techniques is a globally accepted histology and cytology method for diagnostic and prognostic morphology. Additionally, the study of therapeutic response markers has been effective in some types of neoplasms for cancer diagnosis.
Recent developments in cytology and histology help pathologists save time performing procedures and make the services pocket- friendly.
Rising awareness regarding cancer screening and advanced technologies used in detecting and identifying cells and tissues is predicted to boost market growth. Factors like well-equipped laboratories and favorable compensation for laboratory testing and cancer screening would drive the growth of the market. Cost-effective, highly sensitive, and adequate specificity are increasing the demand for cytology examination procedures that is likely to boost market growth.
Effective sample testing will rest in cost-saving and fast results for patients and increasing awareness about their health. Stringent regulations are one of the main factors to impede the growth of the histology and cytology market.
Histology and Cytology Market Analysis, By Type (Cytology and Histology) By Test Type (Microscopy, Flow Cytometry, and Molecular Genetics Method) By End-Use (Clinic, Hospital, Biopharmaceutical companies), Forecast to 2017–2027; To identify key trends in the industry, click on the link below:
- The Histology and Cytology Market witnessed massive growth in the healthcare sector due to increasing chronic and fatal disorders diagnosed through histology and cytology applications.
- Cytology testing accounted for high disease occurrences and introduction of cervix screening tests. Due to the recent entry of numerous analysis tests and benefits over histology, including faster and pocket-friendly analysis, the sector is estimated to retain its leading position during the prediction period.
- On the basis of test type, flow cytometry is estimated to show the fastest growth from 2020 to 2027 as this segment is used to identify and measure characteristics of cells.
- In March 2018, Roche launched the VENTANA DP 200, a high-speed slide scanner for medical imaging. Such product launches are expected to boost the demand for histology and cytology.
- In September 2018, Phillips released Tissue Mark, a computational pathology software for automated detection of ovarian and prostate tumors that offers accurate histology and cytology diagnostic tools for doctors and lab technicians.
- The Asia Pacific region dominated the histology and cytology market and is predicted to have the highest CAGR among all other regions.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Hologic, Inc
- Sysmex Corporation
- Trivitron Healthcare
- Southwest Precision Instruments
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- BrandTech Scientific
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Abbott Laboratories
- Life Technologies Corporation
For this report, Reports and Data has segmented the histology and cytology market based on examination type, test type, end-use and region:
Examination Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Cervical Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Other Cancers
Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Microscopy methods
- Cytochemistry and histochemistry
- Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence
- Flow cytometry
- Molecular genetic methods
- Cytogenic tests
- fluorescent in situ hybridization (FISH)
- Polymerase chain reaction
- Cytogenic tests
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Biopharmaceuticals companies
- Other end-users
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Latin America
Browse similar research reports:
Genomics In Cancer Care Market To Reach USD 39.94 Billion By 2027
Oncology Molecular Diagnostics Market To Reach USD 3,568.1 Million By 2027
Single Cell Analysis Market To Reach USD 6.98 Billion By 2027
Medical Digital Imaging Systems Market To Reach USD 29.97 Billion By 2027
DNA Sequencing Market To Reach USD 11.28 Billion By 2027
Biomarkers Market To Reach USD 115.45 Billion By 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs
Read full Press Release at : https://www.reportsanddata.com/press-release/global-histology-and-cytology-market