Laboratories across the world are increasingly adopting chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA) technology to label antibodies. Chemiluminescent methods serve as important tools in biomedical research. The number of clinical tests incorporating CLIA techniques is forecast to be leveraged, attributed to technological breakthroughs in disease diagnostics and rise in demand for preventive diagnostics and treatment monitoring.
On the back of these trends, the global Chemiluminescence Immunoassay market is projected to expand positively at a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period (2020-2025). Besides, international collaborations amongst global laboratories as well as rising test volumes has necessitated adoption of semi-automation and integration of testing facilities. This is anticipated to be a major driver behind the growth of the CLIA market.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample >>> https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=4734
Key Takeaways of Global CLIA Market Study:
- Semi-automated analyzers are anticipated to expand healthily at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period. An uptick in the number of market players offering integrated systems and prevalence of multiplexed analyzers are poised to drive the segment’s growth.
- However, the reagents segment is set to retain its dominance in the global CLIA market, owing to its affordability and shorter test duration. The segment is set to account for almost three-fourths of the global CLIA market.
- By application, the endocrine disorders segment promises impressive growth opportunities. Major factors responsible for its growth are continuous innovations in test offerings and wide production portfolios of key manufacturers. Projections indicate a market share of almost half and a CAGR of 6.9%.
- By end-use, clinical laboratories are forecast to register relatively high CAGR of 6.6%. This is attributed to rising penetration of private laboratories and growing preference of patients for clinical laboratories. Moreover, expanding base of clinical laboratories and increase in number of test procedures are likely to drive the clinical laboratories segment growth.
- Regionally, North America shall retain its hegemony over the CLIA market, owing to a burgeoning demand for faster and specific diagnosis to aid decision-making amongst end-users. Anticipated market share for the region amounts to nearly two-fifth of the global CLIA market.
- Asia-Pacific shows lucrative growth prospects. This is due to gradual adoption of novel products incorporating CLIA technologies, rising market competition amongst key players and greater accreditations to establish more laboratories. The region is anticipated to capture a quarter of the global CLIA market.
- Significant growth opportunities exist for the global CLIA market in the wake of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Companies have bolstered their operations in order to find potential diagnosis and cure for the novel coronavirus disease. An example of this is the ongoing study on a peptide-based magnetic chemiluminescence enzyme immunoassay for serological diagnosis of the COVID-19 disease. This will be the second-only available diagnostic test after the RT-PCR test.
- Leading market players, such as Beckman Coulter and Roche AG, have invested heavily in designing several CLIA techniques. Beckman Coulter is testing the implication of indirect measles immunoglobulin (IgM) and Immunoglobulin G (IgG) serology assays on immune reaction towards the SARS-COV2-Virus. This is anticipated to assist them in finding potential growth inhibiting techniques to contain the COVID-19’s spread.
“Expansion of test offerings in innovative disease diagnosis areas and innovation in integrated immunoassay platforms are anticipated to leverage prospects for the global CLIA market in the future. Key manufacturers have capitalized on the aforementioned strategies to broad base their market footprint in key regions,” concludes a Fact.MR analyst.
Broad Basing of Testing Services, Rising Innovations to Intensify Market Competition:
Highly consolidated, the global CLIA market is dominated by the following four players: F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Abbott Laboratories, Siemens Healthineers and Beckman Coulter, Inc. The increasing preference for ongoing research to expand test portfolios is anticipated to burgeon the growth of the global CLIA market. Also, innovation in multiplexed assays is poised to drive market growth.
In 2017, the FDA approved Beckman Coulter, Inc.’s Access AMH immunoassay which helps determine the presence of anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH) using recombinant human antigens. At present, the company’s product portfolio incorporates the Access 2 Immunoassay and the UniCel Dxl 600 Access Immunoassay Systems.
Similarly, F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd. offers clinical chemistry and immunology analyzers and assays for small, medium and large-scale laboratories. Its products include the cobas4000 analyzer series, the cobas6000 analyzer series and the cobas8000 modular analyzer series. The third player, Abbott Laboratories, manufactures the ARCHITECT ci4100, the ARCHITECT ci8200 and the ARCHITECT ci16200 automatic analyzers.
Looking for more information?
The research study on the global chemiluminescence immunoassays market by Fact.MR incorporates an unbiased assessment of key factors and trends responsible for shaping the landscape of the global breast surgery reactors market over 2020-2025. It includes a detailed assessment of key parameters that are anticipated to exert influence during 2020-2025. Market statistics have been presented on the basis of Product (Analyzers, Reagents and Consumables), Application (Endocrine Disorders, Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Hepatitis and Retrovirus, Cardiovascular Disorders, Allergy, Autoimmunity, Drug Discovery & Development and Others), and End-user (Hospitals, Clinical Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industries and Others) across five major regions.
Fact. MR’s Domain Knowledge in Healthcare
Fact .MR’s healthcare and research professionals guide organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how contemporary influencers impact transformation in the healthcare sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends affecting the global healthcare industry provides valuable insight and support, helping identify critical issues and construct relevant solutions.
Fact.MR is an independent, pure play market intelligence firm incorporated with an objective to deliver high quality, customized market research solutions that help our clients successfully go to the market equipped with actionable insights capable of impacting crucial business decisions.
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU),Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Ph. No: +353-1-6111-593