Rise in incidences of chronic eye disorders and increasing problems related to eyesight are projected to drive market growth. Among geriatric population, rising rates of eyesight problems coupled with increasing chronic eye disorder incidences is triggering demand in artificial tears market.
Key players include- Ocusoft Inc., Allergan plc, Alcon Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Novartis International AG, Abbott Medical Optics Inc., Bausch & Lomb, Santen Pharmaceuticals, McNEIL-PPC, Inc., Advanced Vision Research, Inc., Carl Zeiss AG, Akron Inc., Aura lab Ltd., and Novartis International AG.
Get a FREE Report Sample with Table of Contents and Figures
Get Complete TOC @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/toc-form/114
Artificial tears aid in lubricating dry eyes, relieving the ocular surface’s irritation caused by eye dryness. Predominantly used for treating the dry eye syndrome—keratoconjunctivitis sicca, artificial tears have gained popularity in the industry like pharmaceutical. It also provides relief in eye inflammation and disruption of tear film. Maintaining the eye’s outer surfaces’ regular moisture, some artificial tears help in promoting eyes’ healing, lubricating them, and preventing the evaporation of tear.
Artificial tears film, coating the eye surface, comes with three layers –lipid, aqueous, and mucous layers. The first layer of aqueous is a combination of electrolytes, enzymes, antibodies, antimicrobial proteins, and several other compounds, while the second lipid layer comprises distinct fatty compounds for reducing tear evaporation. The other layer of mucous consists of gelatinous glycoproteins and mucins, aiding in the even distribution of the tear film over the corneal surface. With other treatments for dry eye, artificial tears are often complemented. They are widely available over the counter to be used by consumers. The most common artificial tears available in the market include preservative-rich & preservative-free eye drops.
Key highlights of the report:
- Increasing problems related to eyesight due to rising use of contact lenses and digital workloads, elevating need for artificial tears at the time of post-operative care, fast advancements in technology, and rapid innovations in the product of eye care are the factors accelerating the industry’s growth.
- A wide range of varied artificial tears include cellulose-derived tears, glycerin-derived tears, polyethylene glycol, oil-based emulsion, and propylene glycol-based tears. Among them, the demand for glycerin-derived tears has elevated significantly in the recent years, owing to their capability in keeping the moist in eyes for a long period of time.
- However, artificial tears’ excessive usage often results in side-effects like eye pain, blurred vision, redness, and irritation. This factor is restraining the expansion of the global market.
- Among several regions, Asia Pacific is predicted to dominate the market in the coming years, due to the rising prevalence of dry eye syndrome and the expansion in aging populace. The regions like Europe and North America have been predicted to see fast-paced growth during the projected timeline, owing to rapid product innovations, fast advancements in technology, and rising awareness regarding eye syndromes among considerable population.
Early Diners Are Offered Free Customization
Get Attractive Discount @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/114
Artificial Tears Market: Segmentation
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- Cellulose-derived Tears
- Glycerin-derived Tears
- Oil-based Emulsion Tears
- Polyethylene Glycol
- Propylene Glycol-based Tears
Delivery Method Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- Eye Drops
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- Dry Eyes Treatment
- Contact Lenses Moisture
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017- 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Pre Book this Report Now @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/114
Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPCA) Market To Reach USD 17.03 Billion By 2027
Arthroscopy Market To Reach USD 7.2 Billion By 2027
Biodefense Market To Reach USD 7.97 Billion By 2027
Surgical Glue Market To Reach USD 8.52 Billion By 2027
Animal Health Market To Reach USD 74.14 Billion By 2027
Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems Market To Reach USD 8.39 Billion By 2027
Leishmaniasis Treatment Market To Reach USD 224.67 Million by 2027
Ask for your specific company profile and country level customization on reports.
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
40 Wall St. 28th floor New York City
NY 10005 United States
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs