Rise in investments for drug development biomarkers are expected to boost the global market growth.
Market size: 7.42 billion in 2019
Market Growth rate: 9.23%
Market trends: Advances in early detection and innovative techniques.
The Global Alzheimer’s Therapeutics Market is projected to reach USD 13.57 billion by 2027 from USD 7.42 billion in 2019 with a substantial CAGR of 9.2% through the forecast period. This can be primarily attributed to the increasing pipeline drug development, rise in investments for drug development biomarkers that are expected to boost the global market growth.
Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is a progressive neurological disorder in which the death of brain cells causes cognitive decline and memory loss. There is a steady decline in the thinking ability, social and behavioral skills due to atrophy of the brain. It is the most usual cause of dementia. AD also imposes a severe emotional and financial challenge to the patient’s family and society.
The disease is complicated, and so is the pathophysiology. Some studies have demonstrated the need to develop an efficient AD treatment, considering the rising cases worldwide. These disease has been studied for more than a century, but the only drugs currently in use are memantine and acteylcholiesterase inhibitors. These drugs alone provide significant improvement alone but do less to change the process of the disease.
Increasing advanced early detection diagnosis, specific drug discovery, and novel diagnostic techniques are some factors responsible for market growth based on statistics.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/alzheimers-therapeutics-market
Further key findings:
- Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that affects behavior, thinking and memory of the patient. The development of the disease is steady, but the neurons associated with the learning sector of the cerebrum are diminished. It is the most common form of dementia in people above the age of 65.
- Several trials are being undertaken to facilitate therapy based on the role of beta-amyloid in AD.
- Therapeutics with cholinesterase inhibitors accounted for the highest market share of 38.85% by 2019. Neuropsychiatric symptoms like depression and agitation are assumed to improve.
- Several types of research are carried out to facilitate treatment based on CT scans that often reveal specific characteristic changes associated with Alzheimer’s disease. These changes include expanded indentations in the tissues, the decline in the brain size and widening of cerebral ventricles.
- A CT scan is a process in which multiple X-rays of the body are examined in a short time period from various angles. CT imaging produces images by estimating how easily the body and organs receive the x-rays. The CT scan diagnostic type is predicted to hit USD 4.95 billion by 2027.
- In 2019, the pipeline drugs sector held a substantial market share of around 31.15%. It is estimated that the presence and production of pipeline drugs like LMTX by TauRx pharmaceuticals will have a significant affirmative impact on the industry’s growth. This medication is currently undergoing a Phase 3 trial to determine the safety and effectiveness in the treatment of mild to moderate AD.
- In partnership with the Alzheimer’s Association, the Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation and Alzheimer’s Society UK launched a new initiative, Alzheimer’s combination therapy opportunities. This proposal is predicted to provide new opportunities for the industry.
- Alzheimer’s Therapeutics market in the North American region held the highest market share of about 29.3% in 2019. Due to advanced healthcare services and infrastructure in the developed countries like US along with high purchase power for expensive drugs and reimbursement policies are expected to drive the market expansion.
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period. The main reason for the market to flourish in this region is the high disposable income.
- Daiichi Sankyo Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Pfizer, Inc.,
- Eli Lilly and Company
- VTV Therapeutics
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- TauRx Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Novartis AG
- Lundbeck A/S
- TauRx Therapeutics Ltd
- Forest Laboratories, Inc.
- AC Immun
- Johnson & Johnson
Get a FREE Report Sample with Table of Contents and Figures @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1364
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the Global Alzheimer’s Therapeutics Market on the basis of therapeutics, end-user, diagnostics type and region:
Therapeutics Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- NMDA receptor antagonist
- Cholinesterase inhibitors
- Pipeline Drugs
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
Diagnostics Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Lumbar puncture test
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Southeast Asia
Middle East & Africa
Early Diners Are Offered Free Customization
Get Attractive Discount @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/1364
Ask for your specific company profile and country level customization on reports.
Get Insights into Our Other Trending HealthCare Reports:
Pressure Ulcers Treatment Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product (Pressure Relief Devices, Wound Dressings, Wound Care Devices, Others), By Wound (Stage-1, Stage-2, Stage-3, Stage-4, Deep Tissue Injury), By End Use, By Region Forecasts To 2027
Facial Erythema Therapeutics Market Size, Trends & Analysis By Drug Type (Antibiotics, Antifungal, Antihistamines, Corticosteroids), By Mode of Administration (Topical and Oral), By Region, Forecast to 2027
Acromegaly Therapeutic Market Share, Growth & Analysis, By Product (Somatostatin analogs, GHRA), By End-User (Hospitals, Clinics), By Region, Forecast To 2027
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
40 Wall St. 28th floor New York City
NY 10005 United States
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Blogs