For patients suffering from the Alzheimer’s disease, there are no treatments or alternative those completely cure it. But, there are treatments that efficiently improve the symptoms of memory loss and issues associated with reasoning and thinking. The available treatments for the said disease considerably enhance the functioning of chemicals in the patient brain that transfer information from one brain cell to another brain cell. Yet, these treatments prevent stoppage to the underlying decline and destruction of the brain cells. Also, with the death of more brain cells, the disease continues its progression. Hence, experts are carefully positive for developing the treatment that can considerably stop the delay of the progression of the disease.
Alzheimers Drugs market was estimated to be over US $ 3.5 Bn in 2018. It is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% from 2019 to 2030.
Growing prevalence rates of Alzheimers disease globally and rising geriatric population worldwide is anticipated to fuel the growth of Alzheimers drugs market. With the globally increasing ageing population, the number of patients suffering from Alzheimers disease is projected to grow during the forecast period. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) between the years 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the worlds population over 60 years will nearly double from 12% to 22%. It is estimated that dementia affects 46.8 million people worldwide with an estimated cost of USD 818 billion. Alzheimers disease is the most common cause of dementia, with 9.9 million people newly diagnosed with dementia each year. Unfortunately there is no cure for Alzheimers, which has become one of the greatest public health challenges globally. These factors are expected fuel the Alzheimers Drugs Market in the forecast period. Current treatments focus on delaying the onset of the disease and on alleviating the symptoms, however they are unable to stop the disease from progressing as they do not alter or affect the underlying causes.
Download PDF to Know the Impact of COVID-19 on “Alzheimer’s Drugs Market” at: https://www.marketindustryreports.com/pdf/46
Major Key Players of the Alzheimer’s Drugs Market are:
AC Immune, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, Eli Lilly and Company, H. Lundbeck A/S, Eisai Co., Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novartis AG, Janssen Global Services, LLC, AbbVie Inc. among others.
The population of geriatrics across the world has grown rapidly over the past several decades. Moreover, this growth has witnessed an unprecedented rate in recent times. In 2016, it was approximated that the population of individuals aged 65 years or older was 8.5% or 617 million of the entire world population. Furthermore, it is projected that the figure will witness an increment to 17% i.e. 1.6 billion by the end of 2050. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) by 2050, 80% of older people will be living in low- and middle-income countries. The pace of population ageing is much faster than in the past. All countries are expected to face major challenges to ensure that their health and social systems are ready to tackle this demographic shift. Alzheimers is a gradually debilitating illness which has no known cure as of now. The first symptom is usually a slowly increasing memory loss, beginning between 40 and 65 years of age. In U.S., Alzheimers is the fifth-leading cause of death among those aged 65 and older. Such rapid growth of geriatric population is anticipated to present a remunerative growth opportunity for the global Alzheimers Drugs market in the coming times.
The Alzheimer’s Drugs Market is segmented on the basis of Drugs Class, End Users and region.
Major Drugs Class of Alzheimer’s Drugs Market covered are:
- Cholinesterase Inhibitors (Donepezil, Galantamine, Rivastigmine)
- NMDA Receptor Antagonists (Memantine)
Major Applications of Alzheimer’s Drugs Market covered are:
- Direct Distribution Channel
- Indirect Distribution Channel
Treatment options for Alzheimers disease are needed owing to increasing number of individuals are being afflicted by different forms of the Alzheimers disease. Hence they are many players who have treatment drugs that are in different stages of clinical trials. The strong product pipeline is expected to propel the Alzheimers drug market. Trials are increasingly including preclinical and prodromal populations. There is an increase in non-amyloid mechanisms of action for drugs in earlier phases of drug development. In U.S. there are 112 agents in the current Alzheimers disease treatment pipeline. The key players are focusing on new therapies that will aid to prevent, defer, slow the decline, or improve the symptoms of Alzheimers disease. It has been estimated that the overall frequency of the disease is likely to be decreased by nearly 50% if the onset of the disease could be delayed by 5 years.
Alzheimers disease drugs are costly and may not be worth it if a person takes many other medications for other health conditions. This holds true even if insurance or Medicare coverage pays, since out-of-pocket payments can still be quite steep, which is likely to impede the growth of this market. At times patients who take Alzheimers medication, receive no significant benefit, that coupled with a high price tag and safety concerns are likely to hinder the growth of Alzheimers drugs market. There also has been a high number of failures in clinical trials of the Alzheimers drugs, owing to factors such as adverse effects in the trial phase, unexpected toxicological findings etc. This results in the company dropping the trials and this is expected to restrain the growth of the market. There is a long line of clinical trial failures in the Alzheimers space. From 1998 to 2017 there have been about 146 failed attempts at developing Alzheimers drugs, and 2018 marked another half-dozen or so.
– To study and analyze the global Alzheimer’s Drugs consumption (value & volume) by key regions/countries, product type and application, history data.
– To understand the structure of the Alzheimer’s Drugs market by identifying its various sub-segments.
– Focuses on the key global Alzheimer’s Drugs manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competitive landscape, SWOT analysis, and development plans in the next few years.
– To analyze the Alzheimer’s Drugs with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
– To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
Have any query? Inquiry about report at: https://www.marketindustryreports.com/inquiry/46
Table of Contents
- Market Definition
- Market Ecosystem
- Currency Used for the Study
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Research Framework
- Data Collection Technique
- Data Sources
- Market Estimation Methodology
- Data Validation and Triangulation
- ABSTRACT OF THE STUDY
- MARKET DYNAMICS ASSESMENT
- UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITIONS (USPs)
- Pipeline Assessment
- Epidemiological Assessment: Alzheimer’s Disease
- Global Alzheimer’s Drugs Market – Analysis & Forecast, By Drug Class
- Cholinesterase Inhibitors
- NMDA Receptor Antagonists
- Cholinesterase Inhibitors
- Global Alzheimer’s Drugs Market – Analysis & Forecast, By Distribution Channel
- Direct Distribution Channel
- Indirect Distribution Channel
- Global Alzheimer’s Drugs Market – Analysis & Forecast, By Region
- North America Alzheimer’s Drugs Market
- Europe Alzheimer’s Drugs Market
- Asia Pacific Alzheimer’s Drugs Market
- Rest of the World (ROW) Alzheimer’s Drugs Market
- COMPETETIVE LANDSCAPE
- Market Share Analysis (2018)
- Key Strategies Assessment
- New Drug Class Launches
- Merger & Acquisitions
- Agreements, Collaborations, & Partnerships
- Other Strategies
- COMPANY PROFILES (Business Overview, Products/Services Offered, Financial Performance, R&D Intensity, Marketing & Sales Intensity, Recent Developments, Analyst Corner)*
- AC Immune
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED
- Eli Lilly and Company
- H. Lundbeck A/S
- Eisai Co., Ltd
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals
- Novartis AG
- Janssen Global Services, LLC
- El.En. S.P.A
*Financial details might not be captured in case of privately-held companies or for companies that do not report this information in public domain
Buy Exclusive Report @ https://www.marketindustryreports.com/checkout/46
Market Industry Reports is a global leader in market measurement and advisory services. It is 100% subsidiary of Maniks Systems Pvt Ltd. The firm has always been at the forefront of innovation to address the worldwide industry trends and opportunities.
We offer our clients a unique depth of market intelligence in an actionable format to move their business forward. Our analysis incorporates the consumer study in more than 100 countries that provide a tactical approach to drive the sustained growth for the business. We continue to pioneer state-of the art approach in research & analysis that makes complex world simpler to stay ahead of the curve. By nurturing the perception of genius and optimized market intelligence we bring proficient contingency to our clients in the evolving world of technologies, megatrends and industry convergence. We empower and inspire Vanguards to fuel and shape their business to build and grow world-class consumer products.
Phone: + 91 8956767535