The schizophrenia segment emerged dominant in the global ’antipsychotic drugs market‘ in 2018. The segment had acquired an astonishing 45.2% of the global antipsychotic drugs market share in the same year owing to the rising prevalence of the disorder. This information is published in a report by Fortune Business Insights, titled, “Antipsychotic Drugs: Global Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2019-2026.” According to the report, the global market was worth US$ 14,963.5 Mn in 2018. However, Fortune Business Insights predicts that the global market will reach US$ 20,539.5 Mn by 2026, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.0% in the forecast period.
Request a Sample Copy of the Research Report:
The report on antipsychotic drugs market provides insights into growth opportunities for investors and businesses alike and growth drivers and trends in the market. It offers quantitative and qualitative information on the drivers and growth rate of the segments in the market. The report also comprises of extensive primary and secondary research which aid in providing clients with a clear picture of the anticipated market size and current market scenario.
Rapid Shift Towards Advanced and Safe Drugs to Favor Growth in North America
Geographically, the global antipsychotic drugs market is grouped into Latin America, Asia Pacific, North America, the Middle East and Africa, and Europe. Amongst these regions, North America had acquired US$ 9,307.3 Mn antipsychotic drugs market revenue in the year 2018. The growth is attributed to the increasing patient pool suffering from psychotic disorders in the region. Additionally, a rapid shift of these patients towards safe antipsychotic drugs for the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and other psychotic diseases is expected to drive the antipsychotic drugs market in this region. Several healthcare organizations in North America have also begun promoting such drugs for treatment.
In Asia Pacific, emerging countries, such as India, China, and other Southeast Asian countries have a large patient pool who are suffering from various disorders, especially schizophrenia. Moreover, the populace residing in these countries are preferring second-generation drugs over first-generation antipsychotic drugs. It is because of the increasing healthcare expenditure and increasing awareness programs regarding the usage of these drugs. Fortune Business Insights predicts that Europe would follow the footsteps of North America and would remain in the second position throughout the forecast period. The growth is attributed to a rise in the patient population and increasing incidence of psychotic diseases.
An Overview of the Impact of COVID-19 on this Market :
The emergence of COVID-19 has brought the world to a standstill. We understand that this health crisis has brought an unprecedented impact on businesses across industries. However, this too shall pass. Rising support from governments and several companies can help in the fight against this highly contagious disease. There are some industries that are struggling and some are thriving. Overall, almost every sector is anticipated to be impacted by the pandemic.
We are taking continuous efforts to help your business sustain and grow during COVID-19 pandemics. Based on our experience and expertise, we will offer you an impact analysis of corona virus outbreak across industries to help you prepare for the future.
For more information visit :
Indivior, Otsuka, Allergan and Other Market Players Receive Fast Track Approvals
Fortune Business Insights has listed a few key developments that have occurred in the global antipsychotic drugs market since the past few years:
- Indivior PLC, a specialty pharmaceuticals business based in the U.K., declared in July 2018 that it received FDA approval for Perseris, a long-acting injectable (LAI) containing risperidone. It is used to treat schizophrenia in adults. Perseris uses the extended-release delivery system that provides a certain level of risperidone which sustains over a month. According to the company, the FDA approval will support adult patients and their healthcare providers by providing a technologically advanced treatment option.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a pharmaceutical company, headquartered in Tokyo, announced the launch of Rexulti in Japan in April 2018. Rexulti is available in both 1mg and 2mg variants for the treatment of schizophrenia. It is already available in the pharmacies in Australia, Canada, and the U.S. The efficacy and safety of Rexulti were examined in four clinical phase III studies that were controlled by placebo. The tablets were superior for the treatment of schizophrenia when provided at specific dosages. Otsuka recommends giving the patients a lower dose during the initial treatment procedure and then slowly increase the dosage over time. They are to be consumed regularly with or without meals.
- Allergan, a pharmaceutical company based in Ireland, declared that the FDA approved Vraylar in May 2019. As per the approval, Vraylar can now be used in the treatment of depressive episodes that are associated with bipolar depression (bipolar I disorder) in adult patients. In the U.S., Vraylar can also be used to treat manic episodes occurring due to bipolar I disorder.
Fortune Business Insights has profiled some of the prominent market players operating in the global antipsychotic drugs market. They are as follows:
- Lundbeck A/S
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Alkermes plc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Other Prominent Players
Global Antipsychotic Drugs Market Segmentation :
- Bipolar Disorder
- Unipolar Depression
By Therapeutic Class
- First Generation
- Second Generation
- Third Generation
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America (the USA and Canada)
- Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia and Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, Southeast Asia and Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (South Africa, GCC and Rest of the Middle East & Africa)
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts:
Table Of Content :
- Research Scope
- Market Segmentation
- Research Methodology
- Definitions and Assumptions
- Executive Summary
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Market Opportunities
- Key Insights
- Overview of Prevalence of Psychiatric Disorders by Key Regions
- Pipeline Analysis
- Key Industry Developments
- New Product Launches
- Analysis of the Cost and Burden of Mental Health Disorders
- Analysis of Antipsychotics in Treatment of Dementia
- Analysis of First Generation Antipsychotics versus Second & Third Generation Antipsychotics
- Overview of R&D Initiatives
More Trending Topics from Fortune Business Insights :
Fortune Business Insights(TM) offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. We tailor innovative solutions for our clients, assisting them to address challenges distinct to their businesses. Our goal is to empower our clients with holistic market intelligence, giving a granular overview of the market they are operating in.
Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth. Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
At Fortune Business Insights(TM) we aim at highlighting the most lucrative growth opportunities for our clients. We, therefore, offer recommendations, making it easier for them to navigate through technological and market-related changes. Our consulting services are designed to help organizations identify hidden opportunities and understand prevailing competitive challenges
Fortune Business Insights(TM) Pvt. Ltd.
308, Supreme Headquarters,
Survey No. 36, Baner,
Pune – 411045, Maharashtra, India.
US :+1 424 253 0390
UK : +44 2071 939123
APAC : +91 744 740 1245