Impact Analysis of Covid-19
The complete version of the Report will include the impact of the COVID-19, and anticipated change on the future outlook of the industry, by taking into the account the political, economic, social, and technological parameters.
The Global Cough Suppressant Drugs Market, by Disease Type (Dry Cough and Wet Cough), By Drug Type (Dextromethorphan, Codeine, Noscapine, Butamirate, Benzonatate, Pholcodine, and Others), by Product Type (Over-the-counter (OTC) and Prescription Drug), by Age Group (Pediatric and Adult), by Dosage Form (Syrup, Tablet, and Others), by Distribution Channel (Hospital, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa), was valued at US$ 1100.4 Mn in 2017 and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period (2018–2026), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Frequent approvals and launch of new cough suppressant drugs are expected to drive the global cough suppressant drugs market growth during the forecast period.
For instance, in 2017, Aurobindo Pharma Limited received the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide extended-release tablets, 600/30 mg and 1200/60mg (OTC) indicated to loosen mucus and phlegm, and thin out bronchial secretions, making coughs more productive.
*The Download PDF brochure only consist of Table of Content, Research Framework, and Research Methodology.
Request PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/2427
Aurobindo’s Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide extended-release tablets are the generic equivalent of Reckitt Benckiser’s Mucinex DM tablets. Such approvals and launches of new cough suppressant drugs in the market are expected to drive the global cough suppressant drugs market growth during the forecast period.
Some stringent regulations against the use of cough suppressant drugs are expected to hinder the global drug suppressant drugs market growth during the forecast period. For instance, in January 2018, FDA introduced a regulation which inhibits the use of codeine-based cough suppressant drugs in children less than 18 years of age.
In August 2018, Colorado introduced a law which prohibits the sale of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines containing cough suppressant dextromethorphan (DXM) to minors. In 2017, Health Canada proposed to ban non-prescription cough suppressant drug codeine sales. Such regulations that limit the sales and adoption of cough suppressant drugs are expected to hamper the market growth.
Browse 42 Market Data Tables and 40 Figures spread through 175 Pages and in-depth TOC on the Global Cough Suppressant Drugs Market, by Disease Type (Dry Cough and Wet Cough), By Drug Type (Dextromethorphan, Codeine, Noscapine, Butamirate, Benzonatate, Pholcodine, and Others), by Product Type (Over-the-counter (OTC) and Prescription Drug), by Age Group (Pediatric and Adult), by Dosage Form (Syrup, Tablet, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Hospital, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, and Others), and Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Global Forecast to 2026
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the Cough Suppressant Drugs market Press Release, click the link below: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/press-release/cough-suppressant-drugs-market-to-surpass-us-15188-mn-threshold-by-2026-1248
Key Takeaways of the Cough Suppressant Drugs Market:
- The global cough suppressant drugs market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026) owing to frequent product launches and approvals and a robust pipeline of novel cough suppressant drugs.
- Key players in the market are adopting strategies such as mergers and partnership for the development, manufacture, and marketing of new cough suppressant drugs. For instance, in 2012, Vernalis plc., a U.K.-based development stage pharmaceutical company, and Tris Pharma Inc., a U.S.-based specialty pharmaceutical company, entered into an exclusive license agreement for the development and commercialization of multiple novel products focused on the U.S. prescription cough/cold market.
- Approval and launch of new cough suppressant drugs in the U.S. is expected to drive growth of the North America cough suppressant drugs market during the forecast period
- The Asia Pacific cough suppressant drugs market is expected to show good growth during the forecast period owing to high prevalence of cough in countries such as India and China. For instance, according to the data published by Journal of the Association of Physicians of India in 2016, it was estimated that around 54% of the population in India suffers from cough.
- Major players operating in the global cough suppressant drugs market include Perrigo Company plc, Vernalis plc. Tris Pharma Inc., Pfizer Inc., Aytu BioScience, Inc., Acella Pharmaceuticals LLC, Mayne Pharma Inc., Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Aurobindo Pharma Ltd, and GlaxoSmithKline plc.
Access research reports that are tailored specifically for you and your organization in order to explore practical growth strategies and recommendations
Buy-Now this Research Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/2427
Coherent Market Insights is a global market intelligence and consulting organization focused on assisting our plethora of clients achieve transformational growth by helping them make critical business decisions. We are headquartered in India, having office at global financial capital in the U.S. and sales consultants in United Kingdom and Japan. Our client base includes players from across various business verticals in over 150 countries worldwide. We pride ourselves in catering to clients across the length and width of the horizon, from Fortune 500 enlisted companies, to not-for-profit organization, and startups looking to establish a foothold in the market. We excel in offering unmatched actionable market intelligence across various industry verticals, including chemicals and materials, healthcare, and food & beverages, consumer goods, packaging, semiconductors, software and services, Telecom, and Automotive. We offer syndicated market intelligence reports, customized research solutions, and consulting services.
To know more about us, please visit our website – www.coherentmarketinsights.com
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave, #3200 Seattle, WA 98154, U.S.
United States of America: +1-206-701-6702
United Kingdom: +44-020-8133-4027