The Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market is estimated to reach USD 5.58 Billion by 2027, according to a new report by Reports and Data. This can be mainly associated with the growing incidences of chronic diseases, along with technological advancements that are expected to become the most common growth factors globally in the coming years.
Peritoneal dialysis (PD) is a method of dialysis that uses dialysis solution and the inner lining of the abdomen to drain blood when the kidneys are not functioning efficiently. This method is mostly performed at home and principally works to remove excess waste products and fluid from the blood. ESRD (End-stage renal disease), which is generally known as kidney failure, is a significant factor for the growth of the market. Diabetes is the most usual cause of ESRD, whereas high blood pressure is the second most common cause of ESRD. High blood pressure and diabetes are the most common chronic disease among the global population, and a shortage of kidneys for transplantation due to stringent regulations regarding kidney transplantation in several countries are some of the factors that are responsible for stimulating the market growth globally.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1376
However, lack of awareness and limited demand in underdeveloped countries may hinder market growth. The rise in demand for home peritoneal dialysis treatment and increased opportunities in weak and emerging markets can create future opportunities further.
Due to the presence of key players, favorable reimbursement policies, and a rising number of chronic diseases, along with several initiatives undertaken by the government, North America accounted for the largest share of 35.3% of the market in 2019.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Peritoneal dialysis is the cleansing of blood, along with the elimination of extra fluids, by using the peritoneal membrane, the body’s natural filter.
- Hemodialysis is a method of pumping out the blood to an artificial kidney system and is returned to the body with the help of tubing accessories.
- Peritoneal membrane is the lining that circles the abdominal cavity, including the stomach, spleen, liver, and intestines.
- CAPD type segment is expected to grow at the rate of 5.4% during the forecast period, due to portability, low cost, and freedom from machines.
- Growing population, increasing rates of chronic diseases, and rising healthcare expenditure are the fundamental factors, which are boosting the growth of the market across the globe.
- A growing geriatric population that has long term care requirements, raising awareness about hospital-acquired infections, and growing usage of technologies among patients are few factors that are expected to expand usage rates.
- Hospital-based dialysis segment accounted for a market share of around 31.2% in 2019.
- Innovative product development and collaborative developments are some critical strategic initiatives taken by the players in this industry to point their mark in the competition.
- The presence of unique diagnostic and therapeutic medical technologies that enable quick and accurate diagnosis is the primary factor for the growth of this segment.
- The advantages of peritoneal dialysis include no use of needles, minimum clinic visits, and continuous therapy supplies similar to the natural functioning of the kidney.
- The peritoneal dialysis solution of the product type segment accounted for the largest share of over 23.3% in 2019.
- Europe accounted for a share of 26.3% in 2019 and is expected to grow at a rate of 5.3% during the forecast period.
- Key participants include Baxter International, Nipro, B. Braun Melsungen, DaVita Healthcare Partners, Covidien, Dialysis Clinic, Fresenius Medical Care, Diversified Specialty Institute Holdings, Medical Components, Huaren Pharmaceutical, NephroPlus, Northwest Kidney Centers, Satellite Healthcare, NxStage Medical, Renal Services, Sandor, Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical, and U.S. Renal Care.
Order Your Copy Now (Customized report delivered as per your specific requirement)@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/1376
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data segments the Global Peritoneal Dialysis Market on the basis of Type, End-user, Product, and Region:
By Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD)
By End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Home-Based Dialysis
- Dialysis Center & Hospital Based Dialysis
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- Peritoneal Dialysis Solution
- Peritoneal Dialysis Set
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/peritoneal-dialysis-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370