According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the Global Myoelectric Prosthetics Market was valued at USD 196.88 Million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 779.84 Million by the year 2027, at a CAGR of 18.7%. The market for prosthetics is growing out of critical customer needs. Although relatively uncommon a few years ago and still very costly in many parts of the world, this is an industry that has grown from its nascent to the advanced stages very rapidly. Myoelectric prosthetics as a market can be divided into several segments and sub-segments. It also incorporates new-age technology for the function of prosthetics. Many of these technologies are still relatively new, especially finite state machine control and pattern recognition technology, and further research is required in the field to streamline glitches due to improper handling. The product range is also very wide, and so is the scope and need for specializations. Significant progress made in the fields of signal processing, sensory substitution, and pattern recognition for myoelectric prostheses has allowed for improvements in the performance of myoelectric control.
Request free sample Copy of this research report to Understand the structure of the complete report@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1937
The machines currently used by amputees can be challenging to control. Machine learning, and in particular learned predictions about user intent, could help to reduce the time and cognitive load required by amputees while operating their prosthetic device. Adaptive control using real-time prediction learning has the potential to help decrease both the time and the cognitive load required by amputees in real-world functional situations when using these devices.
Myoelectric control of limbs, serving to replace amputated parts with prostheses, involves a lot of issues that must be solved. It starts from the detection of the electrical activity of muscles on the stump, which though does not develop a useful muscular exertion, can be used to control at will some predefined motions of the artificial hand. An essential problem to be solved in this approach is the acquisition of the most useful controlling biosignals for the prosthesis, but the more important issue is to extract the control information from the raw myosignals.
In order to detect the patient’s intention and use the information achieved for controlling different elements of the prosthesis, there are several ways, among which the most important are the direct acquisition of motor nerve signals and the acquisition of electrical signals produced by muscles during their contraction (myoelectric signals). These options require the use of electrodes that can be implanted, in the case of nerve signals, and intramuscular or on the surface, in case of myoelectric signals. One of the most used methods for intelligent prosthesis control is based on surface myoelectric signals picked up from the remaining muscles of the amputated arm.
The myoelectric prosthetics market is driven by an array of different factors. Increasing cases of diabetes and associated illnesses leading to Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI), growing cases of accidents leading to limb amputation in developing nations, development of 3D technologies for myoelectric prosthetics, higher income and more awareness in developed nations leading to greater product acceptance are the chief industry drivers of the myoelectric prosthetics market. With respect to technological advancements, targeted Muscle Re-innervation (TMR) is a particularly new development in this field, leading to future innovations and industry growth. This technique is gaining increasing acceptance and popularity in the upper limb prosthetics field and works on relaying the user’s non-verbal commands (movement of body parts) to the prosthetic attachment to activate it and get the work done.
North American region is anticipated to dominate the global myoelectric prosthetics market throughout the forecast period due to advanced technology adoption in healthcare settings. Furthermore, the increased focus on sports and athletics in this region also supplements the myoelectric prosthetics market growth. Athletes who have met with an unfortunate accident and are more inclined towards going back to their sports are also users of myoelectric prosthetics as they are more convenient than conventional prosthetics. Various industry leaders are investing in this technology. For example, Ottobock SA, a German prosthetics company through its product portfolio, offers a myoelectric prosthetic hand, ‘Griefer,’ which is designed to perform gripping applications, and it also excels at manual labor and other tasks.
Further key findings from the report suggest-
- The increasing number of trauma and accident cases are leading to limb amputations, multiplying the need for myoelectric prosthetics. Upper limb prosthetics are the highest growing sub-segment in the Product Type segment.
- North America had the leading share in the myoelectric prosthetics market in 2019, chiefly because of the converging trends of their increased adoption rate of new technology, rise in the number, and cases of Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI) and increased investments in the field.
- Asia Pacific region will witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period on account of the estimated rise in the numbers of road and vehicular accidents requiring amputations and an increased need for low-cost solutions to provide prosthetics.
- China and India are expected to witness a massive surge in this market, as the industry is geared towards countries that have a higher population (thus leading to a broader addressable market for companies). As accidents continue to rise in the Asia Pacific region, with public healthcare expenditures continuing to increase, the industry is expected to see stable and long-term growth. For example, the government of India is planning to increase public health spending to 2.5% of its GDP by 2025.
- By Technology, pattern recognition occupies the largest myoelectric prosthetics market share and is also expected to grow a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East and Africa will also show substantial growth of around 20.3% till 2026. In Latin America, the healthcare cost is considerably low, and the region shows similar dynamics as Asia-Pacific for this particular industry. Countries where the income levels are comparatively higher, like Argentina, Brazil, and Uruguay, are expected to drive the growth of the myoelectric prosthetics market in the study period.
- Specialty orthopedics are increasingly becoming an important End-Use, showing a CAGR of 19.1% during the forecast period.
- Many companies, such as Ottobock SE & Co. KGaA, Steeper, Inc., Human Technology, Inc., Touch Bionics, Inc., Liberating Technologies, Inc., Coapt, LLC, Aetna, Inc., Ambionics Pvt Ltd., OpenBionics, and Shadow Robot Company, amongst others, are operating in the burgeoning marketplace.
Order Your Copy Now (Customized report delivered as per your specific requirement)@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/1937
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data has segmented the Global Myoelectric Prosthetics Market by Product Type, by Technology, by End-Use, and by Region:
Type Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Upper-extremity prostheses
- Arm myoelectric prosthetics
- Hand myoelectric prosthetics
- Shoulder myoelectric prosthetics
- Lower-extremity prostheses
- Leg myoelectric prosthetics
- Hip joint myoelectric prosthetics
Technology Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Proportional control
- On–off control
- Machine learning
- Finite state machine
- Pattern recognition
- Postural control
End-Use Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Specialty Orthopaedic Clinics
Region Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/myoelectric-prosthetics-market
Read More Reports:-
Anesthetic Gas Monitor Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Type (BIS, Narcotrend, E-Entropy, Others), By Application (Surgical Use, ICU Monitoring), By Region, Forecast to 2027
Cordyceps Supplements Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Form (Powder, Tablet, Capsule), By Application (Dietary Supplement, Medicinal Use, Others), By Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), By Region, Forecast To 2027
Renal Cell Cancer Treatment Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Pharmacological Class (Interferon, Interleukin, Fluorinated Pyrimidine Antimetabolite, Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, Rapamycin-Derivative Kinase Inhibitor, Multityrosine Kinase Inhibitor), By Distribution Channel (Hospitals and Hospital Pharmacies, Cancer Research Institutes, Multispecialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Retail Pharmacies, Palliative Care Centers, Long Term Care Centers), By Region, Forecast To 2027
Adagen Market Size, Share & Analysis, By Product Type (Pre-Filled, Vial), By Application (Hospital, Specialty Clinic, Diagnostic Center), By Region, Forecast To 2027
Adenosine Deaminase Deficiency Market Size, Trends & Analysis, By Product Type (Adagen, Revcovi), By Application (Hospital, Specialty Clinic, Diagnostic Center), By Region, Forecast To 2027
Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate Powder Market Size, Growth & Analysis, By Type (15g/bottle, 454g/bottle), By Application (Hospital, Specialty Clinic, Diagnostic Center), By Region, Forecast To 2027
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370