Based on the analysis, the Global Live Cell Imaging Market was valued at USD 2.02 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 3.76 billion by the year 2027, at a CAGR of 9.1%. A technique to study live cells with the help of images obtained from imaging systems such as high content screening systems and microscopes is termed live cell imaging. Live cell imaging techniques allow scientists to observe cell structures and processes in real time and over time. Moreover, the spatial resolution of light microscopy allows observing subcellular structures, by using a range of fluorescent probes. Besides, since live cell imaging is less prone to experimental artifacts, it usually provides more reliable and relevant information than fixed cell microscopy.
The observation of dynamic changes provides more insight into the operations of a cell than a snapshot provided by imaging fixed cells. Live cell imaging chambers must fulfill a variety of requirements in order to be successfully employed in experiments. Live cell imaging has wide areas of application, and it can be used to comprehend active processes and cellular structures. Live cell imaging is also used for the study of study cellular integrity, protein trafficking, enzyme activity, localization of molecules, exocytosis, and endocytosis, among others.
Factors acting as market drivers include the live cell imaging technique that is gradually being applied by pharmaceutical companies to develop personalized medicine, and the pharmaceutical companies are progressively using live cell imaging in research and development in order to develop new medicines. Moreover, live cell imaging is better, relevant, and reliable than fixed cell microscopy. On the other hand, lack of availability of skilled professionals and high content screening systems may hinder the growth of the market.
Request free sample Copy of this research report to Understand the structure of the complete report@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1749
Further key findings from the report suggest
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), chronic disease is predicted to increase by 57% by the year 2020. Increasing prevalence of chronic disease demanding higher & quicker diagnostic facilities boost the growth of live cell imaging market
- Based on the product, the market is segmented into instruments, consumables, and software used in live cell imaging. Instrument segment dominated the market with a market share of roughly 39.1%, which was followed by the consumables
- North American market will dominate the market due to investments, and funding available for research in this field is the key driver in this region. North America held the largest market share of around 43.8% in the year 2019 and will continue to dominate the live cell imaging market during the forecast period
- Merck launched a new microfluidic system, CellASIC ONIX2, intended to be used for live cell imaging. The product is perceived to offer better cell manipulation techniques and stable imaging conditions. Such product launches are likely to prosper the growth of live cell imaging market
- Asia Pacific registered the highest CAGR of 10.2% due to rising awareness regarding cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases along with initiatives taken by the governments in the region to encourage the treatment of the disease.
- Owing to the increasing number of researchers working on molecular interaction networks, cell biology dominated the application segment with a market share of around 43.3%.
- Ranging in complexity from the simple preparation of a sealed coverslip on a microscope slide to sophisticated perfusion chambers that enable tight control of virtually all environmental variables, culture chambers are designed to allow living specimens to be observed with minimal invasion at high resolution.
- Live-cell imaging chambers are produced in a wide variety of configurations that often utilize entirely different technologies for maintaining the specimen at a constant temperature. For instance, chambers featuring coverslips that are heated with a conductive coating usually produce superior thermal consistency across the glass surface.
- Key players in the live cell imaging market include Carl Zeiss, Meditec AG, Leica Microsystems, Nikon Corporation, Becton, Dickinson and Company, GE Healthcare, Olympus Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, PerkinElmer, and Molecular Devices.
Buy Your Exclusive Copy Now (Customized report delivered as per your specific requirement) @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/1749
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the global live cell imaging market on the basis of product type, application, technology end-use, and region:
Product (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Cell analyzers
- Image capturing
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Cell Biology
- Stem Cells
- Developmental Biology
- Drug Discovery
Technology (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)
- Time-lapse Microscopy
- Fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP)
- High content screening (HCS)
End-Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Research Institutes
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/live-cell-imaging-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370