According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Leishmaniasis Treatment market was valued at USD 114.02 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 224.67 million by the year 2027, at a CAGR of 8.8%. A disease outbreak takes place when a disease escalates by a higher number than expected in a region or during a season. An outbreak may occur in one community or even extend to several countries altogether. There was a time when people in all countries and on all continents remain chronically vulnerable to infectious diseases, known and unknown. Leishmaniasis was the neglected tropical disease (NTD) that has threatened the people worldwide as per the WHO.
Leishmaniasis is a major complex of protozoal vector-borne diseases that affects both humans and animals. The disease is caused by different species of Leishmania, and it is manifested by three major clinical forms named as cutaneous, mucosal, and visceral leishmaniasis. Leishmaniasis is transmitted by the bite of infected female sand flies. In each of these forms, infection ranges from causing no symptoms (asymptomatic infection) to severe, even life-threatening complications.
Request free sample Copy of this research report to understand the structure of the complete report@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2153
According to the National Organization of Rare Disorders, only a small percentage of people infected by Leishmania parasites will go on to actually develop the disease. There is an uneven global distribution of the disease often because of the various distribution pattern of the parasite, the vector, and the reservoir host species. Efforts to increase visceral leishmaniasis surveillance, vector control, diagnosis, and treatment are making remarkable progress all across the world. In 2012, WHO launched an action plan for reducing the impact of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs), including visceral leishmaniasis. Leishmaniasis is seldom encountered in the United States.
Leishmaniasis treatment market has huge untapped potential in different regions and extensive unexplored applications in the field of healthcare and therapeutics. Early case detection and treatment are the most important control measures for leishmaniasis. The treatment reduces or eliminates parasite loads, and this, in turn, reduces transmission of the parasite further. Thus surveillance and control are directly linked. Moreover, the migration pattern of the population from one place to another for purposes such as medical tourism positively supports market growth. The availability of treatment options is attracting the government’s attention to investing in it. Over a period of time, the R&D investment and funding from agencies have significantly increased. The main limitations to treatment are high cost and the relatively long treatment period. In difficult situations such as epidemics and highly endemic areas, vector control is also used. It consists of house spraying or the use of insecticide-impregnated bed nets. Treating leishmaniasis is difficult, as it depends on several factors, the existence of several parasitic forms of Leishmania, including the form of the disease, other co-existing infections, environmental conditions of different regions, the parasitic species, and geographic location. Furthermore, the overall treatment responses differ by region and hinder the widespread adoption of the treatment. Moreover, this could possibly be one of the major restraints for the leishmaniasis treatment market during the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The introduction of a new chemical entity will drive the leishmaniasis treatment market. According to the data of Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi), in 2017, two new chemical entities, labeled DNDI-6148 and DNDI-0690, were introduced into the pre-clinical development stage to treat visceral and cutaneous leishmaniasis in 2016. Immunomodulator- CpG-D35, is also in a pre-clinical development stage, which would further be used as an adjunct along with main drug therapy to treat cutaneous leishmaniasis. These technical advances have the potential to transform new treatment therapy in the upcoming future, in turn driving the growth of the leishmaniasis treatment market during the forecast period.
- In the pathological testing segment, serological testing is expected to be the fastest-growing segment, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% during the forecast period due to the global rise in the infectious disease outbreaks, including include Leishmaniasis in developing nations. The outbreak of epidemic disease due to malnutrition, population displacement, poor housing, weak immune system, and lack of financial resources are responsible for the market growth across the globe.
- Visceral Leishmaniasis holds the CAGR of 9.2%, which is highest in the disease segment of the leishmaniasis treatment market. According to the data of WHO, an estimated 50 000 to 90 000 new cases of Visceral Leishmaniasis occur worldwide each year, out of which only an estimated 25–45% are reported to WHO. In 2017, more than 95% of new cases were reported to WHO which mainly occurred in 10 countries Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Nepal, Somalia, South Sudan, and Sudan
- Europe is the second-largest regional segment with the market share of over 28.4% in 2019, due to the increased awareness of the availability of different therapies and drugs for the treatment and rising awareness about innovations and advancements in Leishmaniasis treatment in pharmaceutical molecules, coupled with rising incidences of target diseases across the world
- North America is expected to account for the largest market share of 2% of the Leishmaniasis treatment market, owing to the prevalence of unhealthy lifestyle, high number of target diseases, rise in the number of product approval by FDA, ongoing clinical trials, and favorable government regulations scenario contributing to the development of healthcare and therapeutics
- Visceral Leishmaniasis is expected to have the largest market share of 46.8% during the forecast period. According to the WHO, Visceral leishmaniasis (VL) is the world’s second-deadliest parasitic disease after malaria. Key market players are collaborating with several government and private agencies to rise for the cause. For instance, Gilead is donating 445,000 vials of AmBisome to the World Health Organization over five years, which is a leading brand in the treatment of leishmaniasis.
- Key participants in the market are Sanofi S.A., Sequus Pharmaceuticals Inc., Paladin Labs Inc., Enzon Pharmaceuticals Inc., Gland Pharma Limited, Gilead Life sciences, and Lifecare Innovations Private Limited.
Order Your Copy Now (Customized report delivered as per your specific requirement)@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/2153
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Leishmaniasis Treatment market on the basis of Disease type, pathological tests, therapy type, end-use, and region:
Disease Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
- Diffuse Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
- Mucocutaneous Leishmaniais
- Mucosal Leishmaniasis
- Visceral Leishmaniasis
Pathological tests (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- By Serological Tests
- Direct Agglutination Test
- Indirect Immunofluorescent Antibody test (IFAT)
- Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Parasitological Evaluation
- Punch Biopsy
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- DNA- Based Methods
- Nucleic Acid Hybridization
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Immunological Methods
Therapy type (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- By Drug Therapy
- Pentavalent Antimonials
- Sodium Stibogluconate
- SSG Meglumine antimoniate
- Amphotericin B
- Liposomal amphotericin B
- By Non-Drug Therapy
- Surgical Excision
- Pentavalent Antimonials
End-Use Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Diagnostic Laboratory
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/leishmaniasis-treatment-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370