According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Blood culture test market was valued at USD 4.15 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 7.62 billion by the year 2027, at a CAGR of 8.0%. The study covers an in-depth analysis of Blood culture tests and challenges faced by them. Blood culture represents a critical tool for healthcare professionals as a means of identifying the harmful presence of living organisms in the bloodstream. A positive blood culture can help to find a definitive diagnosis and enable the targeting therapy against the specific organism and provide prognostic value. False positives arising due to contamination, usual risks of venepuncture, increasing use central venous catheters (CVC), other indwelling vascular access devices, and high costs are a major hindrance to the global blood culture test.
Request free sample Copy of this research report to Understand the structure of the complete report@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1461
One of the biggest challenges faced during blood sample collection is making sure an organism is inadvertently introduced in the blood. Despite its limitations, the blood culture remains the “gold standard” for the detection of bacteremia.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Blood culture tests are taken in several suspected disease conditions, which include enteric fever, infective endocarditis, meningitis, and pneumonia.
- If your blood contains Microorganism, they will utilize (eat) the nutrient available in the broth and multiply. To make sure such organisms do not die, appropriate media and incubation are used. The inoculated broth is incubated in a special instrument, which has a controlled environment, i.e., Temperature-37°C (our body temperature), aeration, agitation. After 3-5 days, the instrument will give a signal about the presence of the organism.
- When these organisms grow in the above -mentioned media, they may make the changes in the media where they grow. Thus, lab professionals track such changes and the appearance of such organisms to identify them. Laboratory professionals use various techniques such as Gram Staining, the study of morphological characteristics, or Biochemical tests to identify them. Thus, finally being able to recognize which organism is present in your blood sample. Organisms that cause diseases and are frequently isolated from blood are:
- Salmonella Typhi/Para Typhi
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
- Escherichia coli
- Acinetobacter spp
- Pseudomonas spp
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Enterococcus spp
- The automated blood culture technique segment is anticipated to have the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to its technological advancements, increasing investments for the launch of new products.
- Increasing demand for advanced diagnostic technologies, such as microarray, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), and Peptide Nucleic Acid—Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (PNA-FISH), are expected to propel the market growth
- North America accounts for the largest share in the global blood culture tests accounting for 35.5% of the total market share.
- Asia Pacific region is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR because of advanced technology used in the medical sector, increasing demand for effective diagnostic techniques, various government initiatives awareness about the disease, availability of blood culture products in many regions. It accounts for 24.8% of the total market share in the blood culture test.
- On the basis of product, consumables (73.3 %) are expected to hold the highest share of the blood culture test market. In comparison to instruments, consumables are a popular option.
- On the basis of technology, molecular technologies are anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to a rapid increase in the incidence of sepsis.
- Key players in the blood culture market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc, Becton, Dickinson and Company, bioMérieux SA, Cepheid, Inc, Nanosphere, Inc., IRIDICA, Beckman Coulter, Bruker Corporation, and T2 Biosystems
Order Your Copy Now (Customized report delivered as per your specific requirement)@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/checkout-form/1461
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data has segmented the Blood Culture Test Market on the basis of method, product, Instruments, technology, application, end-use, and region:
Method (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Conventional/Manual Blood Culture Method
- Automated Blood Culture Method
Product (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Blood Culture Media
- Aerobic Blood Culture Media
- Pediatric Blood Culture Media
- Anaerobic Blood Culture Media
- Fungi/Yeast Blood Culture Media
- Mycobacteria Blood Culture Media
- Assay Kits and Reagents
- Blood Culture Accessories
- Blood Culture Media
Instruments (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Automated Blood Culture Systems
- Supporting Laboratory Equipment
- Colony Counters
- Gram Stainers
- Software & Services
Technology (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Culture-based Technology
- Molecular Technology
- Proteomic Technology
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
End-Use (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Hospital Laboratories
- Reference Laboratories
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/blood-culture-tests-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370