Wiseguyreports.Com Adds “Contract Pharmaceutical -Market Demand, Growth, Opportunities and Analysis Of Top Key Player Forecast To 2024” To Its Research Database
The nascent pharmaceutical industry of the early 20th century was comprised of the companies with drug manufacturing, marketing and distribution under one roof. The advent of the “wonder drug” penicillin during World War II changed human and animal life expectancy and also paved the way to the mass production of pharmaceuticals. The development of new instruments and assay techniques after World War II found rapid application in the realm of medicine as research into general physiology and therapeutics prospered. After the 1950s, technological advances coupled with the understanding of molecular science opened the door for innovation in the pharmaceutical industry. The 21st century brought patent-protected innovative targeted biopharmaceuticals into the market. This also presented tough economic realities to small-molecule manufacturers in the form of expiring patents, growing threats to intellectual property, stringent regulations, shrinking pipelines, constricting profit margins and fierce competition. To deal with these issues, pharmaceutical companies started forming collaborations with contract manufacturing organizations (CROs). They also pursued mergers and acquisitions, as well as joint venture strategies, to get access to other markets.
The pharmaceutical industry, a highly innovation-driven industry, is knowledge-intense, highly globalized and diversified. It brings massive benefits to the public health and to the economy by bringing out inventive therapies. Pharmaceutical companies squeezed by healthcare providers and governments on pricing and patent cliff approached contract manufacturing organizations to maintain their positions in this highly competitive environment. The peak of the patent cliff has passed, and research and development productivity is increasing in the industry. Outsourcing that has been transformed from “pay for services” to “partnerships and collaborations” is considered the most successful strategy to bring innovation into the drug industry. Strategic partnerships are now prevalent during all aspects of the research and development (R&D) cycle. In contrast to the traditional outsourcing model, this strategic partnership model shares the risks and rewards of innovation.
The need for contract manufacturers for pharmaceutical manufacturing arose from the increasing demand of pharmaceutical products due to growing aging populations and more incidence of chronic diseases. Pharmaceutical manufacturers wish to gain access to new manufacturing and drug delivery technologies without investment, and their need to reduce the manufacturing costs are further driving the contract manufacturing and research in pharmaceutical landscape. Mr. Biswajeet Sahu, Associate Vice President, Wockhardt Ltd., Mumbai, India, stated, “Both technology and regulatory are going to play very pivotal role as far as the quality system in manufacturing is concerned. If I may talk about technology specifically, we need zero defect products; that means any company would like to have a zero-defect product and that can be achieved only when you have a technology with minimum human intervention. So, the science of engineering is moving to more of robotics and less interventions by human beings, where there are chances of committing errors; so that is how the technology is moving forward.” Boots Contract Manufacturing, Patheon N.V., Catalent Pharma Solutions and Lonza are some of the leading CMOs in the bio/pharmaceutical industry.
The primary objective of this report is to provide in-depth knowledge of the global pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing, research and packaging market. The contract manufacturing segment is further analyzed by various dosage forms, over-the-counter (OTC) options and nutraceuticals, and drug delivery technologies. The drug discovery and development segments of pharmaceutical research through outsourcing have been analyzed under contract research market. The clinical research segment is further analyzed on the basis of preclinical and clinical research. Adaptive clinical trials have also been discussed. The contract packaging market covers primary, secondary and tertiary packaging. To analyze the primary packaging market, primary containers are categorized as blisters, bottles and others (e.g., prefillable-syringes, inhalers, vials and ampoules, caps and closures, dosing droppers, labels, accessories).
The scope of the study is global. WGR Research analyzes each market and its application, regulatory environment, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares.
The report also includes relevant patent analysis and comprehensive profiles of companies that lead the contract manufacturing market. It covers applications of outsourcing in the contract manufacturing market and contract research market. Pharmaceuticals (small molecules) and biopharmaceuticals (biologics) are the end users considered in this report. The need for outsourcing, the technology involved, and the driving and restricting factors are presented.
– 50 data tables
– An overview of the global market for contract pharmaceutical manufacturing, research, and packaging, with emphasis on the outlook of the market and a comprehensive analysis of the overall pharmaceutical and biotechnology outsourcing industry
– Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016, and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
– Examination of the effects on market growth of state-of-the-art packaging facilities, as well as expensive research facilities and the capabilities of research organizations
– Coverage of the market’s need for outsourcing, the regulatory environment, and technological issues, including the latest trends and developments
– Profiles of major companies in the market, including AbbVie Contract Manufacturing, Alkermes Plc, Catalent Inc., Dishman Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals Limited, Jubilant Life Sciences Limited and Norwich Pharma Services
- 3m Company
- Abbvie Contract Manufacturing
- Aenova Holding Gmbh
- Aerogen Ltd.
- Ajinomoto Althea Inc.
- Albany Molecular Research Inc.
- Alcami Corporation
- Alkermes Plc
- Amcor Limited
- Ampac Fine Chemicals
- Aptuit Inc.
- Aradigm Corporation
- Baxter International Inc.
- Bcm/Boots Manufacturing
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Cambrex Corporation
- Catalent Inc.
- Charles River Laboratories
- Chembridge Corp.
- Chiltern International Ltd.
- Confab Laboratories
- Contract Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Corden Pharma Switzerland Llc
- Decode Genetics
- Dishman Pharmaceuticals And Chemicals Ltd.
- Dpt Laboratories, Ltd.
- Reddy’s Laboratories
- Emergent Biosolutions Inc.
- Evotec Ag
- Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Usa Inc.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Grifols International S.A.
- Heron Therapeutics, Inc.
- Hovione S.A.
- Icon Plc
- Inc Research Llc
- Jubilant Lifesciences Limited
- Koninklijke Dsm N.V. (Royal Dsm)
- Kp Pharmaceutical Technologies Inc.
- Laboratory Corporation Of America Holdings
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Lyne Laboratories
- Mallinckrodt Public Limited Company
- Mikart Inc.
- Nextpharma Technologies
- Nitto Avecia Pharma Services Inc.
- Norwich Pharma Services
- Novavax Inc.
- Parexel International Corporation
- Patheon N.V.
- Pci Pharma Services
- Perrigo Company Plc
- Pfizer Centreone
- Piramal Enterprises Limited
- Pra Health Sciences
- Recipharm Ab
- Regis Technologies Inc.
- Schott North America Inc.
- Servier Cdmo
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
- Vectura Group Plc
- Vetter Pharma International Gmbh
- Westrock Company
- Wockhardt Limited
- Wuxi Apptec
- Zach System S.P.A
Contact Us: Sales@Wiseguyreports.Com Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (Us) Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (Uk)