Saline laxatives are used to treat constipation or to cleanse the colon in preparation for a colonoscopy. Saline laxative work by absorbing water into the intestine, which softens the stool. These drugs rapidly increase the frequency of complete bowel actions, reduce constipation-associated symptoms and improve disease-related quality of life. Mild saline laxatives such as milk of magnesia and oral magnesium hydroxide have been used to treat constipation during pregnancy.
Request PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/2195
Increasing number of constipation incidences coupled with rising geriatric population base worldwide is the major factor driving the saline laxatives market growth. Low fluid and fibre diet intake may also play a major role in onset of constipation. According to the AGA Journal 2011 data, constipation affects 12% to 19% of Americans every year; its prevalence increases with age and it affects women more than men. Constipation causes psychological impairment, social distress, sexual dysfunction, altered interpersonal relationship, and impairment in quality of life. It has a major impact on social and economic burden. As per U.S. FDA, Americans spend more than US$ 700 million annually on over-the-counter laxatives.
Constipation during pregnancy is a common problem. According to the BMC journal 2012 data, the reported prevalence of constipation in pregnant women varies between 11 to 38% and occurs mostly during the third trimester, although symptoms can be present from 12 weeks gestation. However, most obstetricians advise avoiding laxatives during pregnancy and prescribe stool softeners instead due to its potential side effects.
Side effects associated with over dose of saline laxative including cathartic colon, intestinal paralysis, lazy or laxative gut, pancreatitis, irritable bowel syndrome can confine the saline laxative market growth during the forecast period. In 2014, the FDA issued a warning about the use of saline laxatives. Saline laxatives that contain the active ingredient sodium phosphate can lead to abnormal levels of electrolytes, dehydration, heart and kidney problems, and death.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the saline laxatives market, market size (US$ Mn), and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR (%)) for the forecast period: 2019 – 2026, considering 2018, as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by leading players
- It profiles key players in the global saline laxatives market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies
- Key players covered as a part of this study include Beutlich Pharmaceuticals LLC, Bayer AG, C.B. Fleet Company, Inc., Salix Pharmaceuticals, Safeway Inc., Supervalu Inc., The Kroger Company, and Walgreen Co.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision with respect to their future product launch, governmental initiatives, technological up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global saline laxatives market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, product manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers for saline laxatives market, research and consulting firms, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Global Saline Laxatives Market, By Age Group:
- Global Saline Laxatives Market, By Route of Administration:
- Global Saline Laxatives Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Global Saline Laxatives Market, By Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
- Beutlich Pharmaceuticals LLC*
- Company Overview
- Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Recent Highlights
- Bayer AG
- B. Fleet Company, Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals
- Safeway Inc.
- Supervalu Inc.
- The Kroger Company
- Walgreen Co.
- Beutlich Pharmaceuticals LLC*
Purchase a copy of Saline Laxatives Market Report: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/2195
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027