The Global Operating Table Market, by Product Type (General Operating Table and Specialty Operating Table), by Technology (Manuel/non-powered Operating Table and Powered Operating Table), by End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others), and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) was valued at US$ 864.3 million in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.3% over the forecast period (2018 – 2026), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Operating tables provide an elevated surface that supports the patient’s body during surgical procedures. They stabilizes the patient’s position and provides optimal exposure of the surgical field to surgeon and are designed to allow procedure-specific patient positioning. For instance, orthopedic tables include specific apparatus for supporting and/or providing traction for the patient’s limbs during orthopedic procedures. Variety of such procedures could be performed using different designs of tables or on same tables, in case of hybrid-designed tables.
Increase in number of surgical needs worldwide is expected to be prominent factor to drive growth of the operating table market. According Global Surgery report in 2015, around 65% of cancer treatments required surgery and increased access to caesarean delivery reduced neonatal mortality by up to 70%.
Download PDF Research Report Brochure @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-pdf/2067
Furthermore, increase in surgeries of patients with chronic disorders is expected to propel demand for operating table. For instance, according to the German Heart Surgery Report 2016, around 103,128 heart surgery procedures were reported in the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (GSTCVS) registry. Moreover, around 33,451 isolated heart valve procedures that included 11,701 catheter-based procedures with an in-hospital mortality of 4.3% were reported in the same report. In 2015, around 1.36 million caesarean procedures were performed in European countries, which included over 220 thousand caesarean section procedures in Germany, around 200 thousand in the U.K., and over 170 thousand in Italy.
Increasing adoption of minimally-invasive surgeries worldwide is major factor driving growth of the operating table market. According to Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, 2017, by American Society for Plastic Surgeons, around 14,154,914 minimally-invasive procedures were performed in the U.S. in 2017 with an overall 168% rise in such procedures since 2000.
New product launches and strategic collaborations for innovation in product by key players is expected to drive growth of the operating table market
Key players are launching innovative products in the market, in order to maintain expand market share. Such innovative products are addressing various clinical needs of both surgeon and patients thereby contributing to growth of the operating table market. For instance, in January 2017, Hill-Rom launched new TruSystem 3000 Mobile Operating Table, which is suitable for various surgical disciplines and can be customized for different surgical procedures. This is owing to broad range of available patient-positioning components and accessories such as head sections, leg sections, arm supports and anesthesia frames which are easy to attach and dismantle through an intuitive, easy-to-use, coupling system.
Several companies are focused on collaborations to launch the hybrid/ integrated operating table to cater various operating needs. For instance, in June 2016, GE Healthcare and Getinge Group launched highly flexible angiography solution for surgery with interventional and hybrid operating room (OR) procedures in the U.S. This integrated solution combines GE’s Discovery IGS 730 angiography system with the Magnus operating table system from Getinge Group’s Maquet brand. In May 2018, IMRIS and Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc. launched a new multi-functional operating table specifically designed for the IMRIS Surgical Theatre. The table integrates a new IMRIS magnetic resonance neurosurgical tabletop with Hill-Rom’s TruSystem 7500 OR Table platform. This product provide neurosurgeons with an ergonomic, MRI-conditional surgical table.
Browse 23 Market Data Tables and 19 Figures spread through 145 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Global Operating Table Market”- by Product Type (General Operating Table and Specialty Operating Table), by Technology (Manuel/non-powered Operating Table and Powered Operating Table), by End User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others) and by Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the operating table market Press Release click the link below: http://bit.ly/2PTNhR2
Key Takeaways of the Operating Table Market:
- The global operating table market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.3 % over the forecast period, owing to increasing adoption of the multiple minimally-invasive procedures and increasing number of surgical needs worldwide.
- Among product type, specialty operating table is expected to hold dominant position in the market during forecast period. This is owing to new products launches in this category by key players and increasing trend to integrate the specialty tables with other medical equipment such as imaging equipment, cardiovascular surgical systems, and others.
- Among technology, manual tables is expected hold dominant position in the market, owing to its low cost.
- Among end users, hospital is expected to hold largest market share as hospitals are conventionally preferred healthcare facility by patients for surgical intervention. Moreover, increasing number of hospitalization for chronic disease management, which often requires surgical intervention is expected to propel growth of the segment. For instance, according to National Hospital Discharge Survey 2010 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there were 51.4 million inpatient surgeries performed in 2010 in the U.S.
- North America is expected to be the dominant region in the operating table market, followed by Europe. The U.S. spends highest per capita healthcare expenditure and its robust healthcare infrastructure makes it an attractive destination for the operating table market.
- Key players in the global operating table market include, Hill-Rome Holdings, Inc., AGA Sanittsartikel GmbH, ALVO Medical sp. z o.o., Infimed, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Denyers International Pvt. Ltd., Eschmann Equipment, Getinge Group, AB, Merivaara Oy, Mizuho Corporation, Nuvo, Inc., Schaerer Medical AG, Skytron LLC, STERIS Corporation, medifa-hesse GmbH & Co. KG, and Stille AB.
- Global Operating Table Market, By Product Type:
- General Operating Table
- Specialty Operating Table
- Global Operating Table Market, By Technology:
- Manuel/non-powered Operating Table
- Powered Operating Table
- Global Operating Table Market, By End User:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Global Operating Table Market, By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Company Profiles
Purchase a copy of Operating Table Market Report: https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/2067
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Name: Mr. Raj Shah
Phone: US +12067016702 / UK +4402081334027